What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, they've gone a bit OTT on the "Twitch" effect, but still, it's a good video. The Swarm's "Scream" is great!

dominoes

Mega Poster
Scared the hell out of me. But that's because I had my computer full volume, and I had turned my back on the computer the turn off the radio...

Beans

Hyper Poster
the king said:
Thorpe park posted these pictures of the red arrows testing it out.

402384_303145019740804_163052343750073_786762_1689908135_n.jpg

swarm-first-ride-1.jpg

swarm-first-ride-5.jpg

swarm-first-ride-4.jpg

Just to say they are X Red Arrow Pilots, they are in fact The Blades Arobatic Display Team. The picture with them with the fron tof the train are as follows, James Cliff, PR man next to him is Andy Evans,(Blades 2/3), next on other side is Myles Garland and Mark "Cutty" Cuttomore. Really great chaps.
I am a very big Blades fan, met them on numersous occassions and chatted to them, although slightly envious of course, really great to see it is them trialing it and not some jumped up pop star

http://www.theblades.biz/pages/the_pilots.php

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
owenrita121 said:
How I envy then right now.

Why? Your ride experience will not be worse because other people have been on it before you. :| I've never bothered with any of these 'ride it first' competitions - I don't see how it makes any difference whether you're first or not.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Erm... perhaps because it's a big deal if you wish to brag about it to your mates, which anyone would. It's just Thorpe raking in the money... again.

Ben

CF Legend
'There's a war coming, Mr Wayne...'

Is all I hear when I see that tag line...

(I know she says storm <//3)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
TP Rich said:
owenrita121 said:
How I envy then right now.

Why? Your ride experience will not be worse because other people have been on it before you. :| I've never bothered with any of these 'ride it first' competitions - I don't see how it makes any difference whether you're first or not.
ERM well because they're on THE SWARM and im not. :eek:

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
To the ride experience, nothing much except fresh paint! But, you can brag on for the rest of your life saying "I was the first to ride!"

Sorry to bring this up again but...

owenrita121 said:
Two words; expedition everest.

Yes I know they do have a budget like Disney, but they used mud and a sledge hammer to make their theming look old. So I don't see why Merlin can't do the same.

a.) Expedition everest was the most expensive coaster in the world! Thopre have no way near the same budget, for that ride at least.
b.)Okay, it does look old, but it does look like its been made to look old, I've been there and most of the buildings don't really look too bad.

I can see where you're coming from, but trying to make something look destroyed, which isn't, is quite difficult. Because of regulations these days, buildings look cleanly destroyed, like somebody's shopped it precise blade, rather than one of Jigsaw's torture devices. Nothing is ever destroyed "cleanly"(or in my opinion at least! :--D

Not trying to be UC, I just don't like to be outdone!

Anyway, liking the video. I doubt they'll post a full POV untilthe first members of the GP have ridden it...it might spoil the surprise...and give away the fact that it's quite a short ride.

nadroJ

CF Legend
'Europe's Tallest Winged Rollercoaster' <3 Gutta love Thorpe's marketing strategy, they just can't resist a brag can they ;]

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Its interesting that they didn't go with "UK's first Winged Coaster" ,but I guess they wanted something that covered all of Europe. Its not like its that much taller than Raptor (about 20ft difference) :lol: And Wild Eagle only has a drop of 135'. Its a very sneaky title but it works.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Ohhhh a POV

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88YSvVo1Zeg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Tbh, it's as expected. Not overly impressed, not dissapointed. I expect when the effects are in and you're on the ride with the wind in your face and feeling completely free, looking around at the near misses..it'll be bossss laah.

Status
Not open for further replies.