Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
rollermonkey said:
-lofty- said:
rollermonkey said:
Funny part is no mention of the two wing coasters being built in the US.
Why would they bother to mention two other Wing Coasters being built in the USA? It's not going to benefit Thorpe in anyway so it's pointless adding it in their Press Release. It's not as if they can cross-market, it'd be pointless.

Because the article was written in the US, for the US Yahoo page, by an American for a US audience, and was not a Thorpe press release...

I'll remind you of what you said;

The story about arms being ripped off test dummies just hit Yahoo's front page
The story was generated by Thorpe Park, therefore, it was a Thorpe Press release. Also, if someone has re-wrote the original press release of the missing limbs, they obviously think the story is factual, and more then likely wouldn't want the tie-back to the other ones being built. This person may not even know there's two more being constructed...

dominoes

Mega Poster
I like the video. It's good. I feel that it was a bit too stiffly filmed, but I love the fact that it left so much to imagination. However, I feel they could have added more to the shock factor, like maybe adding that horrible noise from one of their adverts.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I think there's one thing can say for certain, back row on the right is going to be incredible going down that first drop!

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
^ More mention of the 'lost limbs' stunt, I see. ;)

Perez is quite a popular site, hopefully it will attract a nice handful of new customers to the park.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
-lofty- said:
rollermonkey said:
-lofty- said:
Why would they bother to mention two other Wing Coasters being built in the USA? It's not going to benefit Thorpe in anyway so it's pointless adding it in their Press Release. It's not as if they can cross-market, it'd be pointless.

Because the article was written in the US, for the US Yahoo page, by an American for a US audience, and was not a Thorpe press release...

I'll remind you of what you said;

The story about arms being ripped off test dummies just hit Yahoo's front page
The story was generated by Thorpe Park, therefore, it was a Thorpe Press release. Also, if someone has re-wrote the original press release of the missing limbs, they obviously think the story is factual, and more then likely wouldn't want the tie-back to the other ones being built. This person may not even know there's two more being constructed...

You are over anal-izing what I typed.

The "story" was a hodge-podge of the Blades' ride and the PR stunt with the stupid dummies. It briefly mentions that wing coasters are the 'next new thing' but left out that there were two being built in the US.

Simply was having a laugh at (yet another) stupid Yahoo.com front page story. As newsworthy as Snooki's hair or any of the other pointless dreck they post up.

If I wasn't on my iPad, I'd have posted a link so that you all could have laughed at the banality and untimeliness of the story.

Ethan

Strata Poster
TP Rich said:
Perez is quite a popular site, hopefully it will attract a nice handful of new customers to the park.

So you like swarms of Chavs coming to the park then? Plus homosexuals but everybody likes gays...

Lofty

CF Legend
Ethan said:
TP Rich said:

So you like swarms of Chavs coming to the park then? Plus homosexuals but everybody likes gays...
If it's a combination of Homosexual Chavs, I'd be happy ;)

adam

Roller Poster
Thinking of heading on 20th or 21st March for some swarming. Any advice on which day might be quieter?

marc

CF Legend
Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

They will probably be the same as both dates are in the week. For some reason though people seem to say Wednesday's are the best.

Kebab

Giga Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMBFjwlU5oE&feature=g-all&context=G2108c87FAAAAAAAAAAA[/youtube]

New adverts pretty cool! Still can't get over the name, I think Thorpe needs to lay off with the "s's". Stealth, Slammer, Saw: The Ride and now The Swarm... :)

Lofty

CF Legend
Ollie said:
That text jumping about was annoying. They need more adverts like the BMX bike one.
I like it, but I have to agree, they're using it FAR too much and too harsh, it's REALLY intense.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Why the hell are Youmeatsix doing a song about it?!

It better not be played at the park, because it would be ridiculous...

Lofty

CF Legend
Oh **** that. I'd rather just an atmospheric continuos soundtrack as opposed to a band payed song. **** hell. Oh well, maybe it'll work, just have to wait and see, it might be an addictive song, let's hope. Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.