What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Strata Poster
What about the people who really don't like Rock music? Its one thing having a background score but a totally different one to have Rock blasting out continuously. Personally, I think this is a horrible notion.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
The POV is something of a disaster by the looks of it, it has caused nothing but negative comments.

I'll be going to Thorpe for three days (23rd, 24th & 25th March) and I am looking forward to riding Stealth and Inferno more than The Swarm!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
You never know..this song might differ slightly from their other tracks...I doubt they'll be any singing at all!

Anyway, will there be a CF documentary on the Swarm coming soon? If so, can't wait!

Lofty

CF Legend
Scott88 said:
The POV is something of a disaster by the looks of it, it has caused nothing but negative comments.
Huh? Really?

But, the thing is, we all knew it would be kind of sluggish in areas, I don't see how people can complain about the POV, I really can't...

marc

CF Legend

As said before don't judge the pov, many of us did for raptor and were very wrong.

T0M

Hyper Poster
I'm not particularly fond of Oblivion's soundtrack, I felt that was a step away from atmosphere and intimidation I've come to expect from Tussauds/Merlin, and I think this will be the same.

A cheesy gimmick. I wish the thing had been sponsored by Gears of War after all now, or at the least they take legal action for stealing their font :lol:

marc

CF Legend

I hardy ever notice sound tracks tbh unless they are really bad then I notice them.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
You don't see people saying air instead of Air but that's how the park spells it <//3

Sorry to bring back a subject from Christmas, but... not much THE SWARM-related stuff to talk about ATM. the park don't spell Air all in lower case, except for in the logo. It's about how they write it in text, not the logo that determines the official spelling.

THORPE PARK (not called Thorpe Park since 2007) has only ever referred to the ride as 'THE SWARM', so I don't think we can really argue against it. I'm not saying I like that they seem to be writing everything in capitals, but it's the way they do it, and it's their job to decide the official names of rides.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The official name of the ride is letter S, followed by the letter W, followed by the letter A, followed by the letter R, followed by the letter M. Whether or not those letter are in capitals (with the exception of the first ;) ) makes no sodding difference to anyone or anything.

Alton have 'air' in the logo, 'Air' on the maps, Thorpe have "THORPE PARK" on the maps. Neither are actually right. Just forget about it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'll only accept THE SWARM as the official name if it's typed in the exact same font Thorpe use. Otherwise, they're subject to the same rules and decorum use of English as the rest of us ;)

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Hixee said:
Alton have 'air' in the logo, 'Air' on the maps, Thorpe have "THORPE PARK" on the maps. Neither are actually right.

Of course they're right. The correct spelling is the name that is used officially, like the correct name of a person is what they are officially named. If THORPE PARK say it is 'THE SWARM', then it is THE SWARM. If THORPE PARK said it was 'The Swarm', then it would be The Swarm, but it's not. I wouldn't bother correcting somebody if they did call it 'The Swarm', but if somebody claims that I am incorrect by calling it 'THE SWARM', I will explain why I do not agree.

And like I said, it's about how it's written in text, not the logo. I'm pretty sure nobody calls McDonald's 'M'. McDonald's don't call themselves 'M', either, they call themselves McDonald's. In fact, there are many major companies that have no text in their logos at all. Logos are completely irrelevant to the name of the company or product.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
TP Rich said:
And like I said, it's about how it's written in text, not the logo. I'm pretty sure nobody calls McDonald's 'M'. McDonald's don't call themselves 'M', either, they call themselves McDonald's. In fact, there are many major companies that have no text in their logos at all. Logos are completely irrelevant to the name of the company or product.
Eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.