What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
At least I didn't spend ten pages on it this time, like I did with Maverick and the AquaTrax.

And the Krake splashdown haha, we love you really UC.

Anyway as for The Swarm, apprently there will be a "family and friends & media" day this weekend. I'm not 100% as to where I read this, but it makes sense really. I look forward to seeing how the area has shaped up, there's been berly any actual clear pictures of the paths, queue lines, station exterior and shops etc.

No, it's more along the lines of common business sense stating, given the information I knew, "don't build a major attraction without seeing how the prototype performs first."

I don't think Merlin as so much concerned as to "how the ride will perform" as to "how can we market this" they already had a good marketing angle with it being new and unique to the UK before Raptor even opened. They also needed something big to draw in the Olympics crowd, so it would've had to have been a decision made far in advance.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Team up with TPRich... That'd be worth a laugh... :p

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Ahahaha! Reading a new issue of "Men's Health" Magazine they have a "monthly guide to might" which includes on the 15th of march "a 57mph anti-depressant".

Was confused when I saw The Swarm's plans in a health magazine! haha good old merlin marketing aye.

img0254yp.jpg

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Hmmmm, interesting one Thorpe.

I don't really think they can call this "Zero Gravity stress relief", since you only feel zer gravity for around a second. Anyway, that's merlin for you! :wink:

And the trains...?

nadroJ

CF Legend
.............the **** is this?

I've never heard a more upbeat end of the world song XD What is the purpose of this, seriously?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

To make you happy about the world ending, or to lessen its impact on you?

Plus, it could be following the seeming trend in horror movie trailers that use a childs rhyme as its background music to make it seemingly more creepy...

Havent given it a listen to yet as Im not on break yet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Kebab

Giga Poster
If this is looped for the 3 hour queue I will be waiting in, I will physically damage those speakers.

YMA6 are getting nearly as bad as Nickelback, except YMA6 actually has fans (90% of which are underage girls, and guys that look like girls). It's like they're not terrible, but they're so boring...

Thats my opinion anyway, I'd rather ambience over this, or anything without vocals, doesn't suit the coaster at all. Fair play for them trying I suppose.

Mark

Strata Poster
The song seems ok. It is easily something I could listen to occasionally.

Is it something that I could cope with hearing on a loop whilst waiting impatiently in line for 2 hours - IF that is their intention?? Hell no! Its bad enough having fake radio stations but at least that provides some variation. This is just... eurgh!

Colossus

Giga Poster
Oh dear oh dear, please god no. If this is looped in the queue, it could potentially make me suicidal, not only because the music itself is gash, but because my brother loves YMA6, and he would have a field day rubbing it in my face if his crappy band was the sound of one of my coasters. :shock:

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I don't care for it.

I am guessing the queue line will have a more atmospheric soundtrack (at least I hope) and this will be the station music?

Lofty

CF Legend
To be totally honest, I just thought this was a promotional song being used for the opening of the ride? Nowhere have I read it's actually going to be USED in the queue or station? I wouldn't be surprised if you heard it in the area, coming from shops etc.

Mark

Strata Poster
In other news...

Tonight is the VIP Launch Party for the ride and Thorpe posted these photos from their twitter feed...

Firetruck.jpg

Firetruck2.jpg

And the military, apparently to 'take out' The Swarm...
military.jpg

military2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.