What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
Apparantly from what I read, it valleyed somewhere, and I really couldn't see where it valleyed myself. It must have been exceedingly slow to valley ANYWHERE on it's layout/

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I'd imagine its the last helix with the issue. It will gain little energy on that drop, then to head back to a hight not much lower than the drop itself. Let alone it being a gradual slope draining all the energy fairly quickly.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
To me, the trains closely resemble a tractor? I don't know :/ but there's a grill on the front and some sort of exaust pipe on the front :lol:
I would like to see a repaint on Rita as well as what they've done already, but we should be thankful that they've done anything.
They've had to pay £13 Million (I think) (does this include PR?) on Th13rteen and have also re-themed Rita AND Spinball (Although, did they have Sega pay for that?) It's a lot of money for a short space of time, so you should appreciate them re-theming Rita :lol:

marc

CF Legend
All we have seen on Rita so far is some track, no one has even seen the trains. For all we know they could be re themed and pray lap bars lol.

Martyn B

CF Legend
No matter what they done with this coaster, people would still bitch about it. There is no pleasing quite a lot of members on here.

So what if the trains aren't that nice, at least they're properly themed to the ride!

Its nice to see Alton completely themeing a ride and its area, putting a lot of effort into it, and (hopefully) doing the 'little' things that makes the Disney parks so special.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Shamelessly nicked from TTF:
Videos of annoying gimp advertising the coaster, but lots of shots of the cars and rides.
http://thi3teen.blogspot.com/

It shows it's 100% a family mine train car with bench seats and lap bar.

nadroJ

CF Legend
marc said:
All we have seen on Rita so far is some track, no one has even seen the trains. For all we know they could be re themed and pray lap bars lol.
I will literally cry with joy if this happens, I never even contemplated this possibility! =DD

I'm just really happy and in a weird way proud of the way Alton are kicking off their 2010 season, same with Chessington. Hopefully it'll put last year's shameful 'opening day' fiasco to the back of everyone's minds and we (and when I say we I mean the oh so judgemental British coaster enthusiasts) will finally have some parks we can really be proud of.

Ollie

CF Legend
He was alright in the house but now he looks like a twat advertising this. The cars are alright. Not amazing but better than nothing.

Mark

Strata Poster
How many times does Alex want to say the word Ultimate. I will mock Ian for the word 'fun' no more. This complete plank takes the biscuit. I thought my presenting style was shaky at best but next to him.....

Anyways, it does look rather ok so far. I actually like the trains, the big bulky chunkyness of them and the detail is quite nice. Naturally it is definately one of those wait and see things but it is looking quite good so far.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Sorry if this has already been said but just a quick observation...

You know where 'whoever he is' is sat on the train with his boxing gloves? The background looks very shutterish. Am I right in thinking that he is just about to enter the station, and that is one really badly themed portion?

That would suck.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
bezzzzzer said:
Am I right in thinking that he is just about to enter the station, and that is one really badly themed portion?

That would suck.

I was thinking that, looks horrible. I guess there's still time for them to clad it over, but then it looks like it could be a moving shutter, in which case it would stay as it is :?

EDIT: After watching it again, it looks like a permanent/non moving wall so hopefully we'll get some theming. Unless of course this part of the building is to be themed as the saw warehouse ;)

Jools

Giga Poster
Thinking back to that impression art that we saw last year sometime of a ride looking like this, the cars do look very similar to what we saw then.

Status
Not open for further replies.