What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a few people complaining about exposed shed and stuff.

WHY?! even the best themed rides don't bother theming the maintanence shed. Maybe not big budget parks like Disney and Universal do but don't be suprised if you notice some metal on display! If you look at the plans they plan on covering it in fake ivy, great idea imo. Some people arn't easily pleased.

And olle's complaining that the station is a metal shed covered in fake bricks. Look at Nemesis! It's a big shed covered in fiberglass, they didn't even do the inside and left it completely shed-like. I'm not complaining though. I just think are FAR too hard to please, Nemesis IS a fantasticly themed ride. if some of the parts are exposed, it doesn't usually make for a badly done ride.

^ Half of Expedition Everest is a big metal tin. You can see it from the other parks! Only the bit viewable inside the park is themed.

^ Yeah, but they're complaining about a part that will be viewable whilst you're on the ride. I guess they could paint over the metal to make it look cooler.

Brookes said:
Can anybody fully tell how many seats the trains have? Even from the video I can't accurately tell.

I think it's 10 rows of 2. From the picture posted a few pages back, people were saying it was 6 rows, but you can clearly see that there are more than 6x2 dummies - The back row seats on each car are slightly raised, so you can only see the back-backrests, except for on the front car.

And on the video, that guy only says 'Ultimate' a mere 6 times... that's only once every 15 seconds approx...

I take back what I said earlier, it does appear that there are 10 rows of seats. The back rest on the back rows of each car are higher than the front rows.

That video makes me laugh with them calling it the 'ultimate' roller coaster etc, yet the shots of the ride shows just small humps. I think they may have to show off more of the inside to bring the punters in. I dont think even the GP would fall for that being the 'ulimate' rollercoaster experience.

^ Yeah, but they're complaining about a part that will be viewable whilst you're on the ride. I guess they could paint over the metal to make it look cooler.

The plans show it covered in ivy, that's sufficient enough I think =).

Nemesis Inferno said:
Apparently as well to prove yourself to be an adrenaline junkie you have to ride Air for an hour... Lol, that's not exactly intense, rather more comfortable and enjoyable imo...

Same here

Well it might not be that comfortable to lay down in "flyer position" for an entire hour :wink: if I were Alton I would have choosen Spinball instead, would've been fun to see everybody puke when they get of after one hour of spinning! ^^

I think I'm going to apply for that test thing. Only thing is I don't know what to do in my video audition.

Ollie said:
I think I'm going to apply for that test thing. Only thing is I don't know what to do in my video audition.
Seriously now.

I don't think it's that hard when your an enthusiast :) just tell them of all the coasters you've ridden and how addicted you are! I guess they'll choose an enthusiast above some pain-in-the-ass-kid any day!! :p

^^Haha! Obviously someone had a bad day :wink:

Regarding your view on the matter I disagree. I think Alton will choose some enthusiasts, to keep the interest up! If they're just denying the enthusiasts all the time then they'll lose interest. And Alton needs the enthusiasts. Almost all enthusiasts think of Alton as the number one park in the UK, and hence they have quite some influence with tv-interviews (like corkscrews last day) and coster polls etc they dont wanne mock them up! That's some business sense!

Of course they'll chose some random kids as well! They'll choose people from all demographics, otherwise they would be stupid!!

^Alton, or any other park, absolutely does NOT need enthusiasts.

Yeah, it was nice that CF got on TV for Corkscrews last day, but believe it or not, the news cameras would have been there without us and there were plenty of other people at the park who could have been interviewed.

We make up a tiny percentage of park visitors. TINY. Plus, most of us use annual passes and go multiple times a year, meaning they make very little money off us. We complain about everything.

We're a major pain in the arse in all fairness.

gavin said:
We complain about everything.

Personally not, I just enjoy a day at a park, other than Camelot, it wasn't that the theming or rides were bad a really enjoyed Knightmare and Whirlwind, only there wasn't much else there, and the show was changed to sword fighting because of rain. Anyway back to the point, I don't think you should stereotype enthusiasts.

UC and Gavin speak sense. Don't try and argue with them too much.

However, I believe a lot of enthusiasts will apply for the event, a larger proportion than they truly represent in society, so the chances are that the first train will carry some enthusiasts.

Jools said:
Personally not

Sorry, I blatantly forgot to take your personal views and judgments on board when I was formulating my answer, based on enthusiasts in general. However could that have happened?! Your insight is usually at the forefront of my mind when I'm thinking of anything park-related.

I take it all back. Every word. Forgive me?

gavin said:
Jools said:
Personally not

Sorry, I blatantly forgot to take your personal views and judgments on board when I was formulating my answer, based on enthusiasts in general. However could that have happened? I take it all back. Every word. Forgive me?

Oh no sorry, I didn't really think about it now I... think about it . :oops:
:lol: But I was just a little sadened by the fact it sounded like you said Alton aren't going to select an ethusiast because we moan all the time. :p

I preferred everyone talking about Saw rather than having to read through tedious posts consisting of ego-boosting crap.

Let's discuss Alton Towers' choice of host for this event:

898659-alex-reid.jpg

alex_reid_420-420x0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.