What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know I never said the Rita theme was amazing. I just said I liked the direction they had taken it in and was pleased they were finally making the theme consistent etc.

To be fair, I think people are just really pleased and grateful that something is being done to relieve the pressure of the sore thumb that Rita was right through UGland. It's about time and is greatly welcomed. That is why people are really pleased and excited about it.

In terms of this new ride. I am taking the stance I did with Saw (and all attractions from Merlin). I hope and pray for some really immersive experience that really blows me away. As always I want the parks to proove me wrong in being pessimistic about their ability to create that said immersive environment. At this point in construction things are looking a lot better for Thirteen then they did this time 12 months ago for Saw. I think this is why you are seeing such a difference in attitudes Ollie.

If Alton manage to pull this one off and create something that is both a great thrilling attraction and also a great family attraction that will be hitting jackpot buttons, just like Expedition Everest did for Animal Kingdom (on a Merlin scale of course), giving people exactly what they want without alienating the family demographic that a huge BnM would.

Still, who knows. I will wait and see what it is like on opening day.

Ollie said:
It's just some people think it's amazing when it's not.

Hehe... Ironic eh? :roll:

Ollie said:
The main thing that made me say this was Rita. All they've done is put some ivy over the tyre entrance and repainted the control box green and called it a re-theme and most people here are saying they're loving the re-theme and it looks amazing. This is why I'm saying the fact it's in Alton seems to effect peoples opinions on things which are clearly just lazy re-themes.

Ollie on page 162 said:
The re-themeing of Rita is going well. I like how they're keeping the old bits but just making them dark forest themed. Like the tyre with plants growing over it.

Hmm, I think in that second quote you're on of the people who think the Rita re-theme is looking good...

So 2 pages later, you're bitching about everyone loving the retheme? What's that about?

Why is it that when some people don't have the same opinions of other's they get accused of jumping on a bandwagon? Seriously...

As Neal said as well Ollie, YOU had THIS ride as YOUR sig set for ages, so what sort of stance are you even having now?

^I had it as my sig as I liked the artwork and logo. Just because something is in a little picture by your post doesn't mean yo automatically love it. I'm still looking forward to this ride but just think some people just automatically love things before looking into them. And before I get another post saying "I never said that" I said some people not everyone as I don't want to name names.

Woo! Spamfest!

I am really lookin gforward to the countless Saw comparisons that this ride is going to get, lol.
People have been saying "I'm hopinh for an amazing experience", yet the problem is, coaster enthusiasts are extremly hard to please in that sense, such as Oblivion may not bother us, but for first time riders, or people who don't ride coasters much are being told they are about to die and are like "what the hell is down the hole!!", so as long as this ride is going to keep the general public happy then it's fine, ok crap on our side, but Alton are even trying to cater for us by keeping things secret etc.

At the end of the day, its a new ride which is better than nothing as far as I'm concerned. It won't be the best ever, but will no doubt be fun and enjoyable little thing, which is really whats important right?

Well the only way I'm looking at it at the moment is that it's better than Corkscrew. :p

And Mark that's just the way I say it, I didn't mean literally. It's just me overdoing stuff as usual. :lol:

I still thought Corkscrew was quite decent for its age...must be the only one.

I just tend to enjoy a ride, and not worry what it compares to....especially a ride at Thorpe Park.

Ollie, you loved this ride until the cars and theming have been released.

It's quite clear that you've seen that this is a million times better than Saw on that front and are going defensive.

I do still find it admirable that you defend that thing to the last. But really, it's getting old now (unlike your hair :p ).

Neal xx

Dave said:
I still thought Corkscrew was quite decent for its age...must be the only one.

Nah, I liked it, same for Black Hole... Fortunately in Corkie's latter years it didn't hurt me as much as it did some people, besides, Rita became rougher :lol:

And Erol I believe testing may have already begun...

Apparantly SC, it's already started testing and didn't make it around the track last week. Something to do with bearings in the wheels, but they changed them and it made it around smoothly. Well that was what somebody posted on Towers Times.

I personally want to vom on these trains so far. They do NOT look nice, no matter what anyone says. Well, I suppose I'll just have to wait and see them in person, but yeah, from that pictures, yuck!

^^ If it don't get around properly, then we can always hope that they speed up the lift a bit :)

So much for speed over the hills for aload of airtime :(

Lets just hope that the wheel bearings were really tight! :lol:

As for the coaster and the area including Rita as a whole? I think its looking excellent. I think the Rita theme seems to have a kind of abandoned race track feel to it, I wonder what they have done to Rita's trains?

Depends where it stops don't it?

i.e. Could be trouble with the world's first portion, whilst the rest of the ride is running reasonably well...

Also, most rides dislike the weather, 3 degrees for most B&Ms, and possibly similar for Intamins... At least that's it over here...

Wonder how the other parts of the world which get bloody freezing can get their rides to work most of the time and we can't :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.