What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallelujah and praise the wizard.

Finally the whole area will once again have a consistent theme. Not a race track burning through a prehistoric cess pit.

This basically extends the whole Hex "theme" right the way out to that area. This will also mean all the shops and buildings are going to be done too! I can't wait to see it.

Is it sad that I am happier about the Rita re-theme then the new coaster at the moment.

What Hex really needs is ride merchandise. :D

The re-themeing of Rita is going well. I like how they're keeping the old bits but just making them dark forest themed. Like the tyre with plants growing over it.
I wonder if they'll repaint the track as well? How long does it normally take to do that?
Just over two months till this opens now. :)

Hopefully they go a tad further than what they're doing now and make it blend even more...

It's a decent start at least... And definitely something that needed to be done...

Well finally a Rita re-theme is guaranteed. I think the new entrance tyre looks awesome, and I love the new operating box. Can anybody see/guess what it says on it?

I'd say Alton are doing a fantastic job with the re-theme so far. It's about time Rita got a new look! :)

Can't wait to see the end result in person. Now hurry up, March...

This is great news.

Finally Rita isn't going to look so 'un-planned'. I can't wait to see what this whole area looks like.

Its like how I imagined. I love the roots take-over look.

I'd love them to do some simple theming on the trackwork though. Like grey track, green slim, rusty joints and especialy some more weeds/roots/ivy.

This is what I would do with the ride steelwork.

ritaweeds.png

ciallkennett said:
^ Same.

Rita may actually look awesome but still not worth riding :shock:

EFA... ;)

And mainly because deep down the ride will still be the same with the restraints which handle corners very badly... Lapbars... If only...

Wonder how the rest of the area is looking atm if they've started on Rita now... Hopefully we will not just be having the Ug Land theme remaining at all throughout the area, the only trace being the fact that Rita remains...

haha, more quality PR from Alton there. But more importantly, our first glimpse of the train... looks pretty good. Lap bar restraints and 12 person capacity.

Yep and not Mega-Lite trains like people were hoping for, they are the trains from the normal family coaster by looks of it.

They look good though well themed.

^Depends how many trains they can run at once... I'm guessing 3/4 depending on loading procedures...

Apparently as well to prove yourself to be an adrenaline junkie you have to ride Air for an hour... Lol, that's not exactly intense, rather more comfortable and enjoyable imo...

Trains look... wierd... Not sure what the hell those things on the front are...

Hopes are raised in regards to the Weekend trip now if they're releasing this sort of PR...

^ I think you're right the first time around.

If you take a closer look, some of the seats have 2 sets of dummies. So I think that there is only 12 passengers per train.

I mean, how can 6 black padded seats, cater for 18 people?
Doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.