What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Haha, that was funny, but sadly green would look bad with black track. If green was used, it would have to be green track with brown or black supports. Knightmare's grandfater it is then!

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Green track & Black supports wouldn't do it for me. I'd probably rather just have the whole ride black. I am imagining they will be going all out on the themeing so the colour won't be that much of a crime if it looks dull.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
All black would work. Nothing wrong with that until people start complaining that it would be too much like Saw :p

STC

Mega Poster
SW6:
8922_157971714401_12078464401_36-2.jpg

Kawasemi:
p22116.jpg

Too similar to be a coincidence, don't you think? ;)

Close ups to make it a bit clearer.

SW6:
8922_157971714401_12078464401_36-3.jpg

Kawasemi:
p221162.jpg

Darren

Roller Poster
Just to let you all know. It is confirmed to be Intamin. Dan from ATA has stated that the ride came with Intamin stickers on. Lets hope that wraps up the manufacturer debate. :--D

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Just to add more Intamin evidence. Look at the support connectors on the track (as these were the first things I notice to be "non-intamin").

I've found a coaster to match and I was wrong, they ARE Intamin-y!

p22896.jpg

They're just like these supports connectors on Tornado. I'm not suggesting we're getting a spinner, but I think it's definately an Intamin. The track is unusually wide though..

marc

CF Legend
That could be the camera angle though making the track look wider than it is, unless we are getting the 1st 4 in a line seating by them and thats the worlds 1st lol.

WuTang2k2

Roller Poster
marc said:
That could be the camera angle though making the track look wider than it is, unless we are getting the 1st 4 in a line seating by them and thats the worlds 1st lol.

Furius Baco?

Although I never understood why they cant do 4 per row by just doing Furius Baco style trains but have the 4 seats over the track rather than to the side.

Regardless, I think 2 per row rides are more exciting in ways. The train can traverse quicker and its more exposed.

A

Anonymous

The unique Mega-Lite Coaster belongs to the family of high coasters, with the first drop of almost 30m, resulting in train speeds up to almost 90 km/h.

The layout is characterized by steep hills and drops, high speed horizontal turns at or close to ground level, over-banked curves, a twisting winding ‘up & down’ middle section, air-borne S-curves, and the hilly camel backs and bunny humps towards the end of the ride. As there are no overhead figures foreseen, open design trains with lapbars can be used to further enhancing the thrill experience. It is however also possible to use the newly developed Intamin shoulder-bars, which are of very soft material and light design. With this restraint system the height restriction might be brought down.

As a result of the impressive height and speed, coaster technology applied has to be at its most advanced for the track fabrication procedures, train design, lift transportation as well as for the braking system. Intamin accomplishes this superior level of manufacturing and design.

Technical Data

Height 31 m
Track length 755 m
No. of trains 2
Seating capacity per train 16 persons
Hourly capacity 820 persons
Max. speed 85 km/h

http://www.intaminworldwide.com/iag/ind ... &Itemid=32

Though it dos'nt show up in the family coasters so maybe parks class it as a family but Intamin don't

Rach

Giga Poster
Seeing 'Family Coaster' wrote on the side of the loads doesn't disappoint me. I thought it was pretty obvious from the plans that this wasn't going to be the most thrilling coaster Alton have to offer.

But by looking through Intamin's ride catalogues, there are still a couple of ride types the track could fit into.

There's the:
Family Coaster
Family Launch Coaster

I'd like to think it's something to do with the Family Launch Coaster if it isn't going to be a Mega Lite. As the track is also very similar to what has arrived on site.

I've been looking at Jet Rescue at Sea World Australia and the track does seem similar, even if there is going to be no launch element. But seeing as we don't know what this "world's first" thing is going to be, it's anyone's guess.

Just throwing something else into the cauldron of speculation.

And ATA have put together a nice album from yesterday.
http://gallery.towersalmanac.com/thumbn ... ?album=540

Status
Not open for further replies.