What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spanish engineering for you.. You only have to look at the ride behind Inferno to see the quality that goes into that park.. :roll:

Does any one have that link to that video of The Rattler wobbling like crazy? That was awesome!

Also 13 looks cool and stuff.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYF84b8O7a0#t=38s[/youtube]

Hope that works, else it's at ~35seconds. I don't think anything should wobble that much.

Wobbling is way better than rock solid, since it reduces the load/wear on the track.

And I don't think that the wobbling on 13 is really hat bad, I think the crappy camera stability makes it looks worse...

Whoa ploddish, was that meant to happen? Like some crazy element where they just make the track totally out of rubber?

Wobbling could be used as a fun way to slow the train down! (ie dissipating the energy)

Fanboy meltdown on the Alton Towers sites today. TT has broken the news that the preview weekend has been canceled http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/ and with rumors flying about the ride being behind schedule and already suffering technical difficultys I thought I should bring the discussion over here with the intent to incite more fanboy panic. :)

Seriously tho, not good news. :(

Merlin does good once again. Ah well, I hope they sort out whatever is going wrong (clearly the secret weapon part of the ride)

that video is amazing ...
shows some perfect engineering lol
and news that the weekend has been cancelled , well!!

Erm, technically they didnt open Saw before it was ready though. The ride had been running fine in the weeks leading upto the Media events and opening day. It only started all going wrong during the media day itself, they themselves, admitted that everything was fine until the point of actually putting people on it. Technically, it wasn't open then anyways. That was essentially like a soft opening. Officially, it wasn't open.

Shame for all those that were booked to go to the weekend though. With any luck they will have any other issues sorted before the offical opening day for the LIVE, fingers crossed. If not, meh, it well open eventually...

Mark said:
Erm, technically they didnt open Saw before it was ready though. The ride had been running fine in the weeks leading upto the Media events and opening day. It only started all going wrong during the media day itself, they themselves, admitted that everything was fine until the point of actually putting people on it. Technically, it wasn't open then anyways. That was essentially like a soft opening. Officially, it wasn't ope

Excuses.. :roll: If the ride couldn't handle people on it then clearly it wasn't ready and shouldn't have been opened with the park! Not that it would've made a difference to last years opening day anyway!

tks said:
Mark said:
Erm, technically they didnt open Saw before it was ready though. The ride had been running fine in the weeks leading upto the Media events and opening day. It only started all going wrong during the media day itself, they themselves, admitted that everything was fine until the point of actually putting people on it. Technically, it wasn't open then anyways. That was essentially like a soft opening. Officially, it wasn't ope

Excuses.. :roll: If the ride couldn't handle people on it then clearly it wasn't ready and shouldn't have been opened with the park! Not that it would've made a difference to last years opening day anyway!

Your missing my point Ed. (although I still cant believe I am defending Saw)

Saw had been running without a single problem for about 3 weeks prior to any media launch. They were fully prepared for it to go without a hitch. It was only when they started putting actual people on and dispatch as they would with actual people (you cant exactly unload and load those water dummies like real people) did any problems start to rear their head... Something they simply wouldn't have known without letting people on. Not that it makes it ok of course.

Thirteen simply isnt ready yet. They haven't finished testing and furthermore, by all accounts the land itself still isn't finished. (although I haven't seen any photo proof of this)

^ But to be fair, the land probably won't be finished for a couple of years, especially with the eye sore we called "Rita" is still standing or hasn't been properly rethemed.

^^People had already been on Saw quite a while before we were meant to though.
Not sure what the delay is with Th13teen though. It could be the construction area not being cleared or it may be problems with the worlds first section.
I just hope it'll be ready for opening day or everyone's going to be even more pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.