What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Alton Towers are advertising to the GP. To be fair, most people who have heard of Thirteen probably stopped and thought "Alton Towers + Ultimate ride + World's First = BIG!" and then forgot about it and moved on.
I think only a few people have looked it up on the internet, and even so it's hard for a GP to find pictures and videos of the ride that Alton Towers haven't actually produced, and they'll make the pics and videos in a way that try to make it look bigger than it is. Those that automatically presume that it's a big ride will probably think that the shots and pictures they found on Google were of the smaller hills in the second half of the ride.
I realise that the paragraph above will probably be for the generally thick GP :)

Going back to an earlier point I made about GP and people I work with.

They heard Alton are getting a new coaster through me, looked it up and saw the age limit and then said oh well we wont both with Alton next year. Alton have still not said that age limit was false or anything.

Only 3 a few more weeks to go until we get on the coaster I hope.

I think I said a while ago that I hoped the theming will be on the creepiness level that Hex is, which whilst not terrifying, is certainly one of the spookiest things ever...

I do wonder if the age limit PR could have shot themselves in the foot, but it depends what happens really, since obviously families with teenagers will still be going to it...

Essentially, they're putting their balls out there and waving them about. Going against the grain and really pushing the marketing/branding of the ride. I'm thinking that I'll study their marketing of this for one of my portfolios actually.

The people in the front car will be at the bottom of the drop before it picks up speed!

Noticed in that video that it looks at though it's running without the water dummies, so it should pick up speed a bit faster down the drop when loaded

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwjR7-v2QM&feature=related[/youtube]

WTF is with the insane wobbling? That track is like bloody spaghetti!

^^Jesus and I thought Fury's wobble was bad...

Obviously it meant to happen due to stress and strain prevention in the track... But that's comical...

Maybe's that the world's first? First Wobble Coaster? :p

That wobble looks like it's down to the camera to me, otherwise that's an incredible amount of movement which doesn't seem feasable!

Actually now that video has been posted I do remember the track wobbling quite a bit when watching it testing in half term.

^ I always wondered why the clock went funny when I did my teeth!
And I thought I had a magical power too... :(

Thing is though, the digital clock is displaying light. The track is not made out of pure light, so why should the track be wobbling and not the rest of the stuff in the video?

You think thats wobbling...

Check this out:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIoBCy5c2ho[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.