What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
spicy said:
If its pain you want Ritas right next to it!

EFA...

Saw what little we could of it today, and the castle part of the building looks awesome, shame they're not doing the entire building like it...

Can't really see anything of the coaster itself though, just about a bit of Rita's control cabin, poor quality photo may be up tomoz...

spicy said:
If its ejector air you want Ritas right next to it!

You kind of have to 'notice' the air on Rita, as in, take in the brief split second of time that your butt doesn't press against your seat as heavily (although your top of your legs stay pinned to the lapbar) and then go back to wrenching the OTSR straps away from your neck.

---
If Ka is anything like stealth, I'll never understand why people say it has no air. You get plenty of air on stealth - first at the top of the hat if you're in the front, then on the way down (well, it's near vertical, how could there not be airtime) and then again in the brake hill, although that's mixed with being flung forwards from the brakes, so it feels like a very odd ejector hill with more linear force than vertical.

---
About 13, Why does the train type matter about whether it has air or not? I've got airtime in kiddy coasters before, or very near kiddy coasters, like pinfari coasters.

I'm just hoping that it focuses very much on the theming. Have the actual ride experience as 'yeah, that was fun' but just so it is a ride, delievering a token thrill, but have the main scary bit because of theming.

And I think that's how it'll turn out, judging by the advertising it's getting.

I had a dream about this ride last night, and the worlds first element was the train entered the tower tilted back onto another peice of track which tilted forward and then back again, I'd so laugh or be slightly creeped if that's what it is. :lol:

Here is a short clip of it going over the first hill...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hNEnVnKYzE[/youtube]

Think its the type of trains the one in Bakken done the same thing, go into the hill fast but slow down then speed up again thus taking away any chance of airtime. We will see in a few weeks anyway.

If it's because the trains are light, then maybe when the coaster is loaded with riders, it'll crest the hill a little faster?

Although I've kinda decided that airtime's only really awesome if it's actually scary... otherwise it's just fun. This hill doesn't look big enough to be scary, so at most it's only gonna be fun.

If it's because the trains are light, then maybe when the coaster is loaded with riders, it'll crest the hill a little faster?

Well there's dummies in it now, and they weight about the same as a decent sized adult.

Anyone else notice how long that clip last for...?

SPOOKY, ay? :p

Anyway, looks quicker than I anticipated, so I'm pleased.

I didn't realise quite how hidden away the coaster was, i think it's nice that you can only really catch the odd glimpse of it from the main paths.

Wow that doe slook fast, and I'm sure that speed even if it does slow down quite a bit will provide airtime, even if it is made uncomfortable by the restraints, but this sure does look fun even if it isn't thrilling. I'm taking it Alton will put this in the Thrill rides section on their website. Personally I'm suprised they still have the Enterprise and Blade in that section.

Please remember the top speed of this coaster is about 20MPH slower than RITA and RITA takes it's hill faster enough said.

Ouch, well the fountain one was neccacary, and the hence was a minor spellign mistake that I thought no one would really care about, I just like having fun on this forum, if that's against the rules then why does everyone else get to have fun and not me, and if it isn't, then it should be added as all these gramma nazis and wannabe mods sure make this place hell sometimes.
But no matter what said or done, there is nothing you can do to make me hate CF, It's definatly the best forum about, only sometimes I feel people are pissed off by post counts like it is a race to see who can post the most, which I really couldn't care less about personally.

Anyway, like you kindly reminded UC, back to Thirteen.

I’m pretty sure Thirteen will feature individual lap bars (see below):

thriteen2.jpg

thirteen3.jpg

Unlike Intamin family coaster predecessors, where two people lap bars were present (see link):

http://www.rcdb.com/1457.htm?p=4265

This indicates that the restraints on Thirteen will be more crucial than on earlier examples of Intamin family coasters. It suggests that Thirteen will have substantial airtime as rider security is more important. But whether this modification is due to airtime on hills or the yet to be uncovered mystery section, remains a mystery.

From all the lil clips and pics I have seen it is looking good. Am I one of the only one's that don't really care much what it looks/rides like as long as it is doing what the park want/ hope it will do ?

Please delete this as it is obviasly not in anyones view's soory for the in convenience but hey why should I bother to post anymore. Many thanx thge now none member Kitsune

Status
Not open for further replies.