What's new

The Games we play...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Smelly said:
East Coast(er) General said:
^DeathSpank looks OK, but not really my type of game & 'tis very PS3ish.

I'd love to know how you formulated this opinion based on one teaser trailer, no gameplay footage or information about how it's even going to play yet? Or indeed which platforms it'll be on..

Fans of monkey island might want to keep an eye out for it though..

More info to come..
Easy really - not a FPS & not 360 graphics, therefore...
And Monkey Island = not my type of game either.

mrclam

Giga Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
Easy really - not a FPS

Wasnt aware the genre of the game had been announced?

& not 360 graphics, therefore...

Nor any screenshots?

And Monkey Island = not my type of game either.

Well you = fool then :lol:

PS : Not having a go or anything.. just wondering how you came to these preceptions from the little information you've been given?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I can only go by the video we've seen, which appears more like a hack & slash than an FPS and I've yet to see a game with similar graphics on a 360 that I've enjoyed. These are just my opinions from the video as I have nothing else to go by & I never stated anything to the contrary.
Why bust my balls over this? Some games you see a clip for and say Wow or I'd like to give that a go & others are simply meh or no thanks. I watched the clip and thought meh - that's all.

This, on the other hand, might just get me to go out and buy a Wii!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT8u4nLuVlY[/youtube]

mrclam

Giga Poster
Me no busting yer balls..

me just fascinated how/why people can say "yay" or "meh" to little information.. Happens all the time on the interweb, and i'm kinda interested how it happens.

No worries.. just was interested. Thanks

(although I still have no idea what "I've yet to see a game with similar graphics on a 360 that I've enjoyed." means)

Pierre

Strata Poster
So would you think its wrong for me to say "yay" because I know the next Call of Duty will be developed by Infinity Ward again and it has been announced that its going to be Modern Warfare again???

Because I don't like what Treyarch have done with World at War (theres been a glitch on a map since launch, their update ****ed up the post-match stats and they havn't bothered fixing it...)

Alls I know about next CoD is Modern Warfare, and IW (who admittedly their time on CoD4 wasn't all smooth running, they addressed problems a lot quicker and kept users well informed) but it makes me say YAY.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Pierre said:
So would you think its wrong for me to say "yay" because I know the next Call of Duty will be developed by Infinity Ward again and it has been announced that its going to be Modern Warfare again???

What activision are doing, is that it takes 2 years to make a game.. but rather than wait 2 years between each iteration and have the public "forget" about the franchise.. they give it to 2 different studios.

Infinity ward do the even numbers, the other guys (whose name i've forgotten at the moment) do the odd ones.

I've always felt the series overrated TBH.. I enjoyed COD4.. But i'd seen it all before.. And wasnt "omfg best game ever!" or owt... Although i did like the bit after the nuke...

Pierre

Strata Poster
Yeah I know they alternate between devs (Treyarch and IW), what I'm saying is that such little info I have from next CoD, but I'm excited for it. Yet all I know is that it will be IW again and Modern Warfare again, no screenshots or anything...

Pierre

Strata Poster
Speaking of CoD, hey guys I 100%'d World at War!! Platinum Trophy, yeahhhhh :) now do I put up with the games poor online play (aghhh more maps with glitches tonight) or trade it in? Hmmm.

kimahri

CF Legend
Pierre said:
Speaking of CoD, hey guys I 100%'d World at War!! Platinum Trophy, yeahhhhh :) now do I put up with the games poor online play (aghhh more maps with glitches tonight) or trade it in? Hmmm.

You download I wanna be the guy.

Ollie

CF Legend
Lol well done Pierre. I would get the trophies for it as well if I didn't hate the story mode so much. :p

Ah well I'm only three away from platinum on Uncharted so will probably do that first.

Dave

CF Legend
Question why does Call of Duty ignore World War I? Its an epic war, even if its silly in its reason.
Oh wait...its because its developed by Americans and they didn't do anything that glorifying to **** about on a game.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It could also be because a game based on sitting in a trench for months on end fighting off nothing but trench-foot - before spending four seconds out of the trench getting ripped to shred by macine gun fire - possibly isn't the best basis for a computer game?

They could have a Christmas football match subgame I suppose? Maybe you have to hunt the pig down you're going to use the bladder of for the match?

A poetry writing mini-game too using only Latin and words of despair (you'd be good at that Dave :p )?

Dave

CF Legend
Theres the Royal Flying Corps aspect of it, the Battle of Jutland, maybe a bit of Galipolli, Artillery. Could be many aspects to it, not just fighting the trenches :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I finally unlocked the MG42 in COD5. What a beast of a gun. My first round with it, I went 23-5-14, which is exceptional for me.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Haha I think the best I've ever done in a match is about 27-3-7. :p
That was a one off though. All I aim for in each match is to get more kills than deaths.

I've started to play story on veteran now. It's ****ing insane and I wish ****ing grenades were never invented as that's all you ever see landing around you. :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^I had to skip "Their land, their blood" because of the grenades. It was so obnoxious walking trough the trench back and forth avoiding grenades. I just skipped to "Burn em' Out" and I'm slowly progressing.

Ollie

CF Legend
rollerdude said:
^I had to skip "Their land, their blood" because of the grenades. It was so obnoxious walking trough the trench back and forth avoiding grenades. I just skipped to "Burn em' Out" and I'm slowly progressing.
I'm on "Burn em' Out" at the moment and I'm slowely forcing my way forward. It's just that by the time you have a tiny peek out to see where the enemies are they head shot you and send you all the way back to the checkpoint that was miles back.

PLCP

Mega Poster
Wait until you get to the end of Burn em Out...that took me forever. The flamethrower becomes completely useless and a Type 100/extra smoke grenades are completely necessary.

Just thought I'd throw that in there. :p