What's new

The Games we play...

A

Anonymous

CedarPoint6 said:
I just beat Mirror's Edge a second ago. Was a lot of fun, just really short. Hopefully they'll do a sequel or something one of these days since the story could certainly continue.
I think that they are planning to make it into a trilogy, But you never know what the state of the economy will do of it though.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ I really hope you're right. Would be great to get some more stuff like that. I would love to be able to have a whole city to do a free run around. Or at least something a little less linear based. That'd be awesome, but I suppose a bit far-fetched. I just connected to the PS3 network thing-- I hope I don't have to pay for that-- so I'll be messing with the time trials now, probably.

I also bought Assassin's Creed today and started going through that. The control scheme is pretty complicated so far, but I suppose I'll get the hang of it through a few missions. Stunning graphics, though.

Lewis

Hyper Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
The kid got a R4 Revolution for the DS from my sister-in-law. Best present ever!
Already tried out CoD:MW & Assassin's Creed (among the 80 or so games we downloaded last night). I guess my DS games list will now be endless. :--D

If you can acquire it, I'd recommend Professor Layton and the Curious Village for DS, my sister got it for Christmas and I've played it more than her! :lol:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^I actually got it last night & will give it a go. Thanks.
I also got Spore Creatures, World Ends With You and a couple of MahJong games & Personal Trainer Cooking for the wife. So plenty of fun for everyone. :--D

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Completed Need For Speed Undercover today, has to be the worst NFS game ever. EA spent all the money on getting famous actors into the game and they completely forgot about everything else. The storyline is great and so are the missions, but the rest of the gameplay is just dull, and everything good about past NFS games has been taken away, the police chases aren't as fun as they were in MW and Carbon and I miss the boss races where you actually win the opponents car instead of getting a crappy stock one.

5/10.

spicy

Giga Poster
Got a PS3 yesterday as I couldn't bare my brother having one and not letting me have a go on it :lol:

So far played Little Big Planet and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Little Big Planet it a fun little game although way over hyped imo.

Metal Gear Solid is just awesome, totally hooked on that now. I know the cutscenes are long but its like playing a film, its brilliant.

I set up Home on it aswell, thats quite cool, much better than I thought it was going to be.

If anyone sees me on Home or wants to add me my name on PSN is SPICE_

:)

mrclam

Giga Poster
spicy said:
Got a PS3 yesterday

Poor you!

Hey guys!... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Sometime in the next year - you'll want to buy .... THIS:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KZYmviYZcs[/youtube]

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^DeathSpank looks OK, but not really my type of game & 'tis very PS3ish. Speaking of which...glad to hear that a few of you boys got your playstations just before Sony drops the price. :p

BTW - the kid changed his avatar:
kid-joker.png

I'm keeping mine since it looks a bit like me, but the kid's didn't look anything like he does so the Joker wasn't a bad choice. He made his avatar Vault Boy from Fallout3 first, before changing it to Barack Obama, then Michael Jackson, then Jack Black, then Chuck Norris before going with everyone's favorite Batman villain...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^Gorgeous!

By the way, let him know that I want him to delete one of his friends so I can add him. He's maxed out...

I just got Xbox live by the way. My g/t is WhereIzzy166.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
kimahri said:
Edit:- Hey waddah you know EA used to be good! James Pond 2: Robocod ftw <3

Woohoo! I loved Robocod. The only platformer I've ever really liked (other than Ico, but that's "an experience" :p ).

Got Age of Booty off the PS Store - played the demo and wanted more pirate action... Erm, not action... Strategy. Good for a few quid.

Also got Crash Commando, which is really, really fab :)

No upgrades, no girls, no plot - just killing! It's a side scrolling FPS :lol: It works, honestly! If you have a PS3 - invest £8 in it!

Minor_Furie also got Mirror's Edge. He still doesn't believe me that it's rubbish. It's linear, it's just the same platform gaming Prince of Persia has been donig for years. Put it in first person though and increase the aggrevation level to make people think it's something new. It's too hard though in first person, so they then have to dumb it down to make it possible to play - taking away the challenge of free running and open areas (which aren't).
Thankfully the entire experience is over quickly enough for you to be able to take it in for a decent trade in price... Oh, no, you won't... Everyone knows it's rubbish so it's already in the bargain bins... :roll:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the friend invite Marc. I accepted immediately & can't wait to get together on XBL. Maybe Patrick will finally play with me as well (since he's attached to your hip :p ).
The kid's friends list is always maxed out, but he's getting rid of someone & sending you a request. If you need any help getting any achievements, collectables or if your interested in any game glitches, be sure to let him know because he knows all and loves to help out.
Speaking of glitches, he & his buddies were playing around under the CoD:WaW multiplayer maps last night having a blast. The best part was when the game gods didn't like them messing around where they weren't supposed to be & killed all three of them with an invisible blow upside the head, one after the other just seconds apart - slap slap slap all dead. :lol:

^I can't say that many of us would agree on Mirror's Edge being rubbish furie. I quite enjoy the time trials & I find getting the 'Test of Faith' achievement/trophy (playing the game without killing anyone) to be the best of any game out there. The non-lethal achievement/trophy not only makes us (the kid & I) play a different way, but makes the game a more rewarding & challenging experience because of it. Perhaps you should give it (& the time trials) a try before trading the game in. :wink:

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I went on a bit of a spree today on Play...

Will be getting Okami, Super Paper Mario, Zack and Wiki with a hint of De Blob...

One looks forward to getting off the computer for a change :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
IGN agrees with me:
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/927/927781p2.html

Most other reviews say "you'll like it or hate it, but try it - at least it's trying to be different". I say it's doing the the same thing as other games, only with less depth. It's no different really to the basic gameplay as Assasin's Creed or Prince of Persia - yet both those games offer much more to the player.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
East Coast(er) General said:
Thanks for the friend invite Marc. I accepted immediately & can't wait to get together on XBL. Maybe Patrick will finally play with me as well (since he's attached to your hip :p ).
The kid's friends list is always maxed out, but he's getting rid of someone & sending you a request. If you need any help getting any achievements, collectables or if your interested in any game glitches, be sure to let him know because he knows all and loves to help out.
Speaking of glitches, he & his buddies were playing around under the CoD:WaW multiplayer maps last night having a blast. The best part was when the game gods didn't like them messing around where they weren't supposed to be & killed all three of them with an invisible blow upside the head, one after the other just seconds apart - slap slap slap all dead. :lol:

No problem. I can't wait either. Pat and I are planning to be CODing tomorrow night until the wee hours of the morning because he's getting home. I accepted Aidan's request. Tell him I said thanks. About that glitch, those guys were pissing me off this morning! I was playing Ground War and I'd randomly die and these people were below the map on Castle. Do you know how to do that?

PLCP

Mega Poster
I thought the glitch on Castle was patched, but alas, it must not be.

I love that thing though...got me my perfect match, 35-4-0.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
rollerdude said:
I was playing Ground War and I'd randomly die and these people were below the map on Castle. Do you know how to do that?
I've only watched the kid do that stuff, as I barely have the time to play the game much less mess around glitching.
I know they try to blow a hole in a wall with a grenade or satchel that leaves behind a black explosion mark on the wall. They then run and jump through the mark and drop below the map. Which wall, etc. you'll have to find out from the kid, as I don't have a clue. :?
We'll be on tonight as well, so let's hook up & the kid can show you how to do it. :--D

Pierre

Strata Poster
****ing hate that glitch on Castle. But I love it because I always plant betties at the wall where they try it hahaha