What's new

The Games we play...

Ollie

CF Legend
^Haha. I hate that glitch too. But now that people know about it and what to do to stop it (like you do Peirre) they don't do it as often now.

Also if anyone here wants to play online on LBP with me so we can go in all the side bits that need more than one player to get the rewards then just send me an invite. :)

If you haven't added me then my PSN is: Sillymatman1

And to let you know where I got that name from is a story in itself as everyone online either calls me Silly or Matt. :p
It's came from when I was setting up a Runescape account and when it asked for a username I had a crazy thought that if I put my real name in it then people from Runescape would hunt me down. So I made a username with Mat in it as there was a boy I didn't like called Matthew. :p

So now you know lol.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The Lord of the Rings: Conquest demo is out and all I can say is download that sucker! I haven't had the chance yet (I really need a day off from the office), but I got to watch the kid play for a little while and that baby looks awesome!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Got it last week Jerry and Minor_Furie loves it. I wasn't too keen, but it's an awesome looking game :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Got Facebreaker cheap in a sale along with a load of trade-ins (no Mirrors Edge wasn't part of the trade-ins :p ).

It's poor generally, just button mashing, but good enough fun for a few quid. However, the create a face part is excellent (technologically speaking). You use a USB camera to take shots of your face, then it maps specific points and makes your own face out of it. Works very well considering.

So Minor_Furie can now beat my face to a pulp :lol:

kimahri

CF Legend
I agree with you there Phil.

Played it in the shop. Although it was fun to play for a bit I felt it wasnt worth the £40 it was selling for at the time.

Nevermind.

However. Tetris. Is still Awesome. I belive it prooves that you don't need High detail Graphics and realistic Physics to make a good game. All you need is some shapes based around 4 squares.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Completed World at War on Veteran today! Absolute killer... the Heart of the Reich level took about 6 hours alone (started at 7pm yesterday finished it about 11am this morning had to leave PS3 on all night, no way I was losing progress!) hahaha but yeah, DONE :-D

Ollie

CF Legend
^Lol I can't be assed with the trophies as most are really hard to get and aren't worth the time as the story mode is crap. :p

Ollie

CF Legend
Game are selling both FIFA 08 and PES08 for £5 each. But I don't know which one to get as I knew which ever one I got everyone else here would have the other so I wouldn't be able to play online with anyone.
So which one do people here have?

*looking at you Pierre*

Ollie

CF Legend
But I hate spending more than £15 on a football game as I don't think it's worth it. :p
Also saw Star Wars Force Unleashed on sale for £7. I got in the queue but ended up not getting it as I needed to save my money and wasn't sure if I would like it or not.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Nope, traded Pes08 in for Fifa 08 because PES was that awful, then traded Fifa 08 in towards Pes 2009.... haha.

Look at my CoD trophies btw Ollie, nearly there ;)

Ollie

CF Legend
Lol will do.
I'm working on the LBP and GTAIV trophies at the moment.
I've only got about 4 trophies left on Uncharted before I get my first platinum one though. :)

kimahri

CF Legend
Got Mirror's Edge on the PS3 since I've decided that my PS3 is my single player game console.

Its online is poo in my house.

Anyway Mirror's Edge... I like it. It amuses me and I find it enjoyable to play. I have died alot however but this does not bother me since I've played I wanna be the guy and I've died over 200 times and I'm only up to the first boss (Mike Tyson). And thats considered to be the easiest part of the whole thing.

So yeah. I like Mirror's Edge.

And get I wanna be the guy.

http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/

Its free and well worth it.

mrclam

Giga Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
^DeathSpank looks OK, but not really my type of game & 'tis very PS3ish.

I'd love to know how you formulated this opinion based on one teaser trailer, no gameplay footage or information about how it's even going to play yet? Or indeed which platforms it'll be on..

Fans of monkey island might want to keep an eye out for it though..

More info to come..