What's new

The Games we play...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
Edit: Also the God of War III demo is coming out next week on the PSN.

Missed this - have you not played it yet? Deleted it months ago!!! :p

It's good fun. The battling is pretty tight, but it's repetitive. The added extra bits (flying using Harpies, crashing through tunnels, etc) are fun, but they disrupt the flow - which should make it better as that's repetitive, but it doesn't. Big fat meh from me.

Ollie

CF Legend
I've not played a God of War game to me so the gameplay might be good for me. Although if it's similar to Dante's inferno then it could be fun. :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Entertainment giant Warner Bros. announced today that it has acquired a majority stake in Batman: Arkham Asylum developer Rocksteady Studios, a move which is likely to see the London-based studio creating video game adaptations of further key WB brands.
I hope that this will lead to more games based around WB characters with the same quality as Batman: Arkham Asylum, but it might also be the demise of Rocksteady Studios.

Dave

CF Legend
I had a go at Battlefield Bad Company 2 last weekend.

Was dissapointing from what I played on the demo, but I think I need to play it again and without my best friend telling me how to play it. Good set of graphics, guns are similar, just need to put the fun that Battlefield 1943 has into Bad Company 2.

Just hoping they re-do Battlefield Vietnam as that was their best game, napalm ftw.

kimahri

CF Legend
11 DAIZE!

OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Imma just going to edit this.

Anyone have any info on Metro 2033. I quite like Post Apocalyptic stuff and from what I can gather it's Fallout in Russia, in 2033... May invest in it after OMFG FFXIII!

10 DYSE!

Lain

Giga Poster
I guess this question is mostly aimed at Big John, but, yeah.

I went to pre-order Heavy Rain at game.co.uk, but it isn't on there! Anybody know why?

Brookes

Giga Poster
Got Vancouver 2010 yesterday on PS3 and it's pretty good. The challenges are cool and online mode is awesome. Also trophies are pretty easy seeing as you get one for every challenge and getting a gold in each event. There's not a load to do in single player, I guess once I've done all the challenges and stuff I'll just go online and play with mates.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Lain said:
I went to pre-order Heavy Rain at game.co.uk, but it isn't on there! Anybody know why?
I don't know why, but I'm scheduled to be in Basingstoke next week. Would you like me to do a turd outside their HQ?

Lain

Giga Poster
Ian said:
Lain said:
I don't know why, but I'm scheduled to be in Basingstoke next week. Would you like me to do a turd outside their HQ?

That'd be lovely. <3

big john

Mega Poster
its actually because we have fufilled all our preorder SKUs which has suprised everyone on how popular the game is but it also might have something to do with the website not running right ether as lots of games have dissapeared from it in the last week including god of war trilogy and others. ITs got something to do with us merging gamestation stuff into our things not sure what but everything hase gone turd even down to till level

Lain

Giga Poster
big john said:
its actually because we have fufilled all our preorder SKUs which has suprised everyone on how popular the game is but it also might have something to do with the website not running right ether as lots of games have dissapeared from it in the last week including god of war trilogy and others. ITs got something to do with us merging gamestation stuff into our things not sure what but everything hase gone turd even down to till level

Ahh okay. Thanks John.

kimahri

CF Legend
big john said:
ITs got something to do with us merging gamestation

Oh hey, My local gamestation here has gone. I though it was just a local thing, evidently not. What happend with Gamestation? My local Game has no idea what happend to them.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Seriously considering Heavy Rain tomorrow... Play it over the weekend then trade it in for a "special of the week" AvP :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Just finished playing the God of War III demo.
I've not played a God of War game before so don't know how it compares to the previous but I've seen that style of button mashing combat done countless times before. You just run into an area and tap square and triangle until everyone's dead then go to the next section. There's some fun climbing sections but they're so small they don't last long and are just in between more fighting bits. There's some smaller boss/higher hp enemies in some areas which you just hit until a prompt comes up on screen then you just follow a quick time event to finish them off.

Some of the kills were pretty good though like when you rip that giant/cyclops eye out (nice and gory). :) And also the bit where you were flying up that chain dodging beams and things falling was kinda fun as well.
Still not sure how it'll work as a full game though. Will probably be worth only renting as I don't see much replay value in it

Ollie

CF Legend
Downloaded the Darksiders Demo from the American PSN Store. It's probably the longest Demo EVER!!! I started playing it at around 2:15 this afternoon and have only just finished it. It goes on forever as they've given you a whole dungeon/level or whatever you call it to play. Really worth downloading the demo but towards the end I was just wanting it to end so shan't be getting the full game. :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I can't be arsed with computer games nowadays, I find them quite tedious.

However, tonight I'm dusting off my N64 and I'm going to replay Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64 everywhere outside of Europe).

I'll probably get bored after a while and end up playing GoldenEye.

Then I'll get bored and be back on CF.

Well, depends how much wine I consume between now and then.