What's new

The Games we play...

Lain

Giga Poster
furie said:
Subtle reminder!!!
I'll be playing Grid from about 9:00 tonight if anyone wants to join in (Inverse\Lain)?

I'll probably be on from about 8:15 though if anyone fancies a game of AvP against Minor_Furie and me?

I should be on!

Also, from today, for a week, 'Flower' is only £2.39.

That's a no-brainer if ever there was one.

Ben

CF Legend
Lain said:
Yeah, I finished Bioshock last night.

I got the happy happy yay ending.

It is good.

Gooood, bad ending makes NO sense when the second one comes along :p

Also, the second one isn't quite as good as the first one :( But still amazing xD

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ben said:
Pft, the Xbox has had a cock before now. Get with the nude times Sony.

LOL! I have absolutely no idea what you mean :lol:

Lain said:
I should be on!

Cool :) Skype?

Lain said:
Also, from today, for a week, 'Flower' is only £2.39.

That's a no-brainer if ever there was one.

THIS! 100% For £2.39 there shouldn't be a single person in the world who doesn't buy this - brilliant, erm, experience :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Flower is a great game. Although if you're going to go for all the trophies be prepared to be pissed off big time to get the 'Get to the city unscathed' one. Took me ****ing weeks. :(

Ben

CF Legend
furie said:
Ben said:
Pft, the Xbox has had a cock before now. Get with the nude times Sony.

LOL! I have absolutely no idea what you mean :lol:

lol, Liberty Story Cities had a fully naked dude in it, complete with package :p Sony are just late and not as good to the nudity party :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Ben said:
...the second one isn't quite as good as the first one :( But still amazing xD
BioShock2 isn't quite as amazing as the first, but then that would be very hard to pull off because we know what to expect after playing the first.
I'm really digging the 2nd one as much, if not more than the first. Of course I've been playing a lot of multiplayer, which wasn't available in the first. It's no Modern Warfare 2, but not bad considering it was developed separately from the single player. While I don't think that the multiplayer is up to par with CoD, I like it because it seems more fun to play. There's something about pulling off a good combo against a real person (rather than AI) that blows my dress up. :--D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Right, I've played Grid quite a bit since it came, so I guess I could give a short review.

The graphics are great. The damage is very realistic and the scenery looks very nice. The handling is a bit, well, different. I think it's because I've been playing a lot of DiRT2 recently which is often raced on loose gravel and dirt which makes the cars slide a lot. I'd got very used to how cars handled in DiRT2, so the handling in Grid felt strange. Having said that, now I'm getting used to Grid I think the responsiveness, balance and acceleration of the cars is very good.

The other thing that is really nice are the menus. The floating 3D text looks very nice and the transitions between screens and menus is very nice. Two notable displays are the in-game/race "pause" menu. It has a cool little feature where you can change the camera angle very slightly with one of the analogue sticks. It's not much, and it doesn't add much to the game play, it's just a really nice feature. The other thing that I really like is the camera zoom between the cars on the starting grid. It looks amazing and flows really well.

We've not really got very far on it at the moment, but I'm very pleased with it, especially seeing as it was only £9.99! Great game, well worth a play. When we eventually get round to getting Live, I might see if I can join in with you guys occasionally.

So yeah, overall, a nice feeling, well finished game.

Homer

Hyper Poster
Laughing at Activision right now, posted a huge loss because they oversaturated the market of music games by releasing a _____ Hero every two months, DJ Hero and Tony Hawk Ride bombing in sales especially since they require new hunks of plastic to play it with, and WoW membership reaching a plateau and having trouble retaining subscribers. But Modern Warfare 2 buffered some of that...

And Activision blames it on piracy, not on making bad games. Ah well, Kotick is still gonna be the cancer killing the games industry.
12659867892617047542.gif

Also, who wants to chill out and play LittleBigPlanet with me? I don't have any levels, you can choose the levels. I just want to chill and LBP is one of those chill games.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Homer said:
Also, who wants to chill out and play LittleBigPlanet with me? I don't have any levels, you can choose the levels. I just want to chill and LBP is one of those chill games.

Minor_furie used to play a lot, but not so much now. I hate it :lol:

Who is up for some PS3 Grid action tonight then. Everyone is welcome, except for Lain who doesn't understand it's not about the winning, it's about how many times you can roll your car and cause major driving issues to everyone else :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
We both know there's been some successful CF gaming sessions in the last two weeks, and we both know which "best social gaming console" they WEREN'T on ;) :p

Thinking about picking up AvP tomorrow... Can't decide if it will be worth it or not. Demo is great, but is it the best level and because everyone knows it so well it's good? Will the single player be a complete load of tosh?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Reviews seem to be "bit rough around the edges, but good enough fun".

Sounds good to me. Don't know if I can handle the stress of a Marine story though - I'm still recovering from the 1999 AvP single player missions :lol:

LAIN - GRID?

Ollie

CF Legend
AvP seems like a love it or hate it game. I love it and that was just on a single map with some CF'ers. The single player is meant to be great as well according to John.

If the Marine campaign is anything as scary as when myself and Furie first played as them against an alien then I'll be bricking it all the way through. :lol:

Also downloaded Frogger Returns and Uno last week. Got all the trophies on Frogger quite quickly as soon as I realised you could just do each level on time trial with unlimited lives. Saved me having to play through each level beforehand everytime I lost.

Uno is quite good and the new rules make it fun and keep it entertaining. Will be seeing what appears on the store tonight although I shouldn't be spending money and instead be saving it for EuroLive times.

Ben

CF Legend
I'm well picking up AvP tomorrow, well, Saturday since I'm lazy, but, yeahhhh <3

What've I been playing, more Bioshock 2, but, online. Awesome. And, I actually don't suck at it, which is kinda a first for online FPS *looks at empty space on shelf where CoD USED to live*

Assassin's Creeed! The first one. Cause I'm cheap and didn't want it until it was a tenner. It's awesome. I'm only 4 or 5 hours in, but, I love it. Stabbing people in the back is a lot of fun <3

Lego Batman. Meh. Like the music, but, it's really frustrating at times.

That's it. Still gradually playing through everything. Including Grid. On Xbox... :p