What's new

The Games we play...

Pierre

Strata Poster
I finish at half six, I'll download the demo, is it on this weeks update?

Friday night is my tinnies and PS3 and normally MW2 night but I can exchange the MW2 for a bit of a multiplayer session on AVP :)

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yeah it's on the latest updates to the store.
Also played the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Demo. Don't think too much of it at the moment. The controls are quite clunky and It's quite hard to shoot people accurately. It seems like it's trying too had to be like Modern Warfare 2 as well. Even all the controls are the same except they've changed the knife and crouch buttons round.

11pm sound good to everyone? Gives everyone the chance to download it if you haven't already. My headset will be on as well. :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It'll be after Lost for me tonight - so 11:00 p.m. onwards - just for an hour or so.

Do many of us have headsets?

Marc - if you have Grid, do you fancy joining us on a Thursday night? Would be good to have more people in... There's three of us have been racing together for about five years now on various games... When I say race, it's more like dodgems. It's just a friendly laugh really rather than serious racing (though we're not terrible by any means). We use Skype to chat.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Yeah I've got the Sony headset!
Works quite well at reducing sound from the TV but rubbish at reducing sound from other people talking...

Pierre

Strata Poster
I won't be on, for some reason my AVP demo paused and it started downloading the BF:BC2 demo instead :? So **** it I've gone on MW2 for now.

Ollie

CF Legend
This is great fun so far. Everyone's still getting used to the Alien but you can do some awesome kills with it. Lain's being annoying and going for me but I keep going for John because he's easiest to kill. :p

Lain

Giga Poster
Yeah, twas good fun. Hopefully get more people on next time - too much roaming about the map without seeing anybody.

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah so much so that Lain results to dirty killing of fellow team members. :p
Like I said as well. Alien is really hard to get used to but when you know how to move around the map silently and attack people by surprise then it's a really powerful species. I loved the screams down the mics when you'd be running around and I'd pounce off the all at you and stick my tail straight through your stomach. :p

Also me and Furie playing as Marines for the first time against Lain the alien was hilarious. Running down the corridors with torches ****ting ourselves at the radar and anything that moved. And then hearing Furie scream when Lain got him was priceless. :lol:

Shame that the only way to get a game is with friends though.
Anyone up for another session tomorrow? We need as many people as we can. And make sure your mic is on before we start the match. :p

Anyway really enjoyed plying it tonight. Online games are so much better with friends and mics. The game is great fun so far and that's only with one map. Single player is meant to be really good according to John. I would get it if I could afford to buy games at the moment. So may wait a few months first until the price drops a bit or until I finally get a job.
But yeah had great fun tonight so if you want to join us for the next one download the demo and let us know and we'll pop you an invite. :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Cheap Grid is made of win! :)

If you like seat of you pants racing games, then it's for you.

AvP Was brilliant fun - Smithy, I was just inviting everyone on in the hope they may have the demo :)

Needed more people, but even as it was, with fewer it was much scarier as the marine :lol:

Not sure about the full game to be honest, I'd like to play a single player demo. It IS very close to the excellent original AvP on PC though.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Aidan & I played the demo for quite a bit yesterday (he more than I, of course). It's pretty good, so I'll be buying the game when it releases on Tuesday. The one thing I didn't like was the death match that allows you to kill your fellow Alien "teammates", which Aidan often did to me (laughing it up the whole time :p ). I just don't get the point of killing off your like kind. It's bad enough having to watch out for Predators without having to worry about other Aliens.
At least on the 360 you don't have to worry about having enough players. You lot ought to really think about getting a true multiplayer console. :wink:

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah that's a really good price for it.
Anyway Sony have released this site www.precinct52.com
You have to try and find the correct four pieces of evidence. If you get it right then they give you a code so you can download the Heavy Rain Demo. :)

If you're really stuck and want to know the answers...
The four pieces of evidence are:

• Short cigarette (117b)
• Origami bird
• Coffee shop C (it says "diner")
• 117h (tyre tracks).

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, Big John did that to me too, laughing hysterically while he did it :lol:

I found the tactic of "let the alien munch on my head while a team mate kills them" worked quite well too ;)

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Hey Furie, i'll give you a race on Grid at some point. It's been a long time since I played it but I'm sure I can get the hang of it again quick enough.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Do I have you on my friend's list on the PSN? I'm Furiekins if you need to add me.

Skype is also furiekins if you want to join in on the banter. We play pretty much without fail every Thursday, around 9:00 p.m. :)