What's new

The Games we play...

Ben

CF Legend
^I have the port they made of it for Gamecube :p

They DID have it in Gamestation, Birmingham, but, I chose Donkey Kong 64 instead cause, like, I have Ocarina and Donkey Kong is fabbbb. But, I will at one point, for the collection sake <3

I ordered Goldeneye and an extra controller today too, you'll have to come play <3

omg, N64 <3 I spent £40 on it and games, whilst my friend Chris spent £400 on a 360 and stuff for that. I got the better one :p

Mark

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
Got Zen Pinball today. Not been on it much and only just had a quick look at all of the tables but I've already beaten the highscores of the other CF'ers on one of the tables. :p

Also been getting back into CoD4 multiplayer.

Excellent Ollie. We can play Zen online sometime. you've probably trashed my scores. Haven't been on there for ages. Did you get the additional Streetfighter table?

kimahri

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4SCpHgWvhI&feature=sub[/youtube]

For ben.

And I now has Dissidia! KEFKA AND TERRA FTW!!!!!!

Ollie

CF Legend
Mark said:
Excellent Ollie. We can play Zen online sometime. you've probably trashed my scores. Haven't been on there for ages. Did you get the additional Streetfighter table?
I probably won't beat any more highscores. I'm pants at pinball usually. I just get excited watching the ball whizz around all the pipes and tubes. :lol:

And I haven't got the extra table yet no. Is it any good? May play as much as the ones I have at the moment then get it when I get bored.

Mark

Strata Poster
I haven't got the new table just yet no although I do intend to.

My only issue with Zen is that I find it really difficult to place the ball more strategically. I've never really had a problem on any other pinball games though. This one just seems to be a real bitch in terms of getting the ball lined up into certain tunnels/targets. But if you have beaten my scores, it will certainly encourage me to play more. Game on!

Ollie

CF Legend
Just completed Dead Space. The ending... Just WOW. The end boss was HUGE. Also the ending just before the credits came up scared the **** outta me.
The game was great over all. It started off really well but after about chapter 6 (there's 12 chapters) you realise that you're just doing the same things just in different parts of the ship. Also half the time the story gets a bit confusing and you're not sure who's who and what you're actually doing. Although the fun zero-G bits of gameplay break it up a bit and gives you a nice refreshing bit of gameplay to do.
The combat is really great. The dismemberment (sp?) works really well and makes you add strategy to killing the creatures. The enemies are pretty scary and there's all kinds of them. The graphics are also really well done and the lighting and sound is as perfect as it comes and really sets a creepy and dark atmosphere.
So yeah highly recommend playing it. Although it's only made up of the single player story (which is quite long). So you may want to rent it. Although I got my copy for only £10 so it's worth picking up if you can get it cheap.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
I've saved up £50, what PS3 game should i get?

I dont want any racing games, just adventure shooters, Uncharted, Fallout 3 kinda things.

Im thinking of Killzone 2, but not sure.

Lain

Giga Poster
The Grape Wizard said:
I've saved up £50, what PS3 game should i get?

I dont want any racing games, just adventure shooters, Uncharted, Fallout 3 kinda things.

Im thinking of Killzone 2, but not sure.

You could get two or three games for that money. Killzone 2 is a great FPS, and you can get it for about £16 on Amazon.co.uk, leaving you plenty of dosh to get another game. (Y)

Ollie

CF Legend
Uncharted is amazing. Or try Dead Space. Both can be picked up for less than a tenner each now if you shop around. :)

Smithy

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
I know but the gameplay gets repetitive and tiring quite quickly and it gets boring going backwards and forwards over the map several times after a while.

And that's different from any other online shooting game how? COD is just shoot, die, rinse, repeat, Resistance is similar. At least in Warhawk there's a variety of options you can take. Tank, Turret, Troop, Warhawk etc...

kimahri

CF Legend
mrclam said:
No More Heroes 2 - VERY short demo unfortunately. Looks more of the same, not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

As long as NMH2 has more of the Suda 51 Madness that the first one and continuesthe story I'll be happy. I find NMH hilarious. It's nothing like Killer7 in terms of story. It makes sense as soon as it starts.

Plus. Crotch Laser!

Ollie

CF Legend
I've got an awesome new PS3 theme. :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijuTgUj8lSQ[/youtube]

Animated themes aren't out in the UK yet. I think the US have got the LBP one but you have to pay bout £3 for it which is silly. I don't think the US or UK will be getting the theme I got as they didn't release Afrika over here which is a shame. :(

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
From Japan?

I was just thinking, what I really need is a new way to make my PS3 less usable :)