What's new

The Games we play...

Ollie

CF Legend
^Does it have much replay value once you finish it? Is there any sort of online thing for it as well or is it just the main story?

Smithy

Strata Poster
The Grape Wizard said:
Got Warhawk for PS3, it is IMMENSE

I keep going back to it when I'm bored of the cheats on Fifa. I'm on it now actually, pisses all over COD and Resistance for me .

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
^Does it have much replay value once you finish it? Is there any sort of online thing for it as well or is it just the main story?

There's lots of things to find once you've completed the game (riddler puzzles, etc) - but there's no bad guys around so i found this to be a bit boring.

There's also the "challenge rooms" where you basically try for a "highscore" which is posted online..

I dont play games online (refuse to pay for gold xblive membership) - so i didnt even think to check. AFAIK there ISNT any online mode.. but i may be wrong (EDIT : just checked a few reviews to see if it's mentioned, to make sure if i was right or not - it isnt)

Dunno about the ps3 joker playable thing either... as i was playing on xbox.

Personally i think it was a GREAT game - I enjoyed the time i had playing it.. but it wasnt worth full price (not when i consider how much gameplay time other "full price" games like burnout paradise have given me).

Rent, get 2nd hand - or buy it from a shop with a nice return poicy :lol:

mrclam

Giga Poster
BTW - Just started playing saints row 2.. so far it has ALL the things i loved about GTA - Vice City .. And none of the things I hated about GTA4.

It's insanely silly and fun (which is what i liked in old gta games), and the driving mechanics are suitably fun and not at all realistic - so it's fun getting from A to B (unlike gta4)

I loved the character generation thing too.. Not often you're given that much freedom of control.. My character is a muscular female asian punk with a male cockney accent.. So basically im playing as an unconvincing transvestite (which goes quite well with my gaming avatar)

kimahri

CF Legend
FINAL FANTASY XIV HAS NO DRAGOONS!

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO IF THERE ISN'T A STUPID FEE!? WHAT CLASS AM I GOING TO BE!?! I NEED MAH DRAGOON MAN!

Ollie

CF Legend
I now have a super PS3. :D

Gone from 40GB to 320GB. Changing the hard drive over was really fun. It was super easy but it made me feel like a proper tech opening it up and unscrewing cradles and sliding things about. :p

Now I've just got to redownload all the stuff I've bought on the PSN and the expansion packs for games which is going to take an absolute age. And as my ethenet cable is in my PS3 while it does that it means I can't go on the internet on my PC so I'm downstairs at the moment on my mums.

I'm glad I upgraded it though as I had to keep deleting all the demos. I couldn't have any music or videos and even with just game data I only had about 5GB of space left before I ran completely out of space.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
See, that's why you'd never make a tech - you did it wrong :p

A real geek (like me) made sure he had a separate external backup drive to do a full backup and restore - hence recreating an identical PS3 on a bigger hard drive.

Plus, I had to dismantle a portable usb drive to get at the new 320Gb PS3 drive (I acquired a 320Gb external usb drive which I took apart to put into the PS3).

Erm, new Ghostbusters patch out now apparently to make it look like the 360 version - if anyone is interested?

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Smithy said:
The Grape Wizard said:
Got Warhawk for PS3, it is IMMENSE

I keep going back to it when I'm bored of the cheats on Fifa. I'm on it now actually, pisses all over COD and Resistance for me .

I agree, it's much better than COD, ive never played on resistance though.

Although, when you first play on it you just keep getting owned for ages, until you get used to it.

Ollie

CF Legend
I find Warhawk boring. It was fun for about a fortnight though.

^And Furie. I was going to do that but don't have an external hard drive to use. And besides all I wanted to keep was my game saves which I used a USB stick for and my PSN games that I knew I could just download again from the store. I can just make a list of the downloads and leave it going overnight anyway so it doesn't matter too much. :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
You can only queue so many downloads but it is still quite a lotl but I hit the limit when my PS3 busted and I had to redownload stuff. Theres a lot of stuff I still haven't re downloaded actually.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I finally finished playing Psychonauts a couple of days ago. It's a flawed game, but fun, entertaining and surprisingly addictive. It's certainly got that whole "I'll just do that next bit, oh I'll just do this bit as well, hang on, it's three in the morning" thing going for it.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Warhawk's ''boring'' if you're not good at it :p If you work as a team and think rather than aimlessly shoot as most noobs do, you can pwn quite quickly.

Ollie

CF Legend
I know but the gameplay gets repetitive and tiring quite quickly and it gets boring going backwards and forwards over the map several times after a while.

Mark

Strata Poster
Well I am progressing nicely through Batman: Arkham Asylum. Certainly got far enough to give a better informed review of sorts.

AMAZING.

Haha, it is simply one of the best games I have ever played. Granted I don't play that many, but I am loving this so far. I love all the variations of the game. One minute it is very much pile and beat the living granny out of the goons and then it is about being silent and using tactics to get them all.

The Scarecrow "boss" section is simply awe inspiring. The graphics a real treat and the challenges are just right.

This coupled with the fantastic design of everything so far, the continuity alongside the comic books and the soundtrack make this game perfectly Batman and about time too. It has to be the first worthwhile Batman game ever surely?

My only minor gripe, is not knowing where the checkpoints are. I thought the game had saved at a point and it hadn't and I ended up having to do a chunk again. Besides that - I love it!

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm probably rent Batman from Blockbuster when I need to as it'll work out cheaper and it'll give me plenty of time to do everything the game has to offer.
It does look good though and the demo was fantastic. :D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I rented Hawx The Tom Clancy aircraft shooting malarky.

The demo was "alright", and it's one of those games I've been tempted to buy if I see it cheap. Anyway, got a games loan account and thought I'd see what it was like.

If I'd bought it, I'd probably play it right through. However, after four days rental, I have had enough and I'm ready to send it back.

It's a lovely game, the maps you play on (especially the city maps) are fantastic. Such brilliant showing off of satellite maps and 3-D objects. Gameplay is repetitive though and flying the plane is no challenge in the slightest. So after a dozen of so missions, I'm ready to give up. If I'd paid for it, I'd have given it more of a chance to get my monies worth - but as it's a rental, it's back in the post with you!

Worth a tenner! :)