What's new

The Games we play...

big john

Mega Poster
To be honest im interested in the nes ps3 slim and also if i take my ps3 40 gig into work and do a bit of fiddeling with the staff promotion and then my staff discount i can come out with one for as little as £60 so its a distinct possibility ill be getting one YAY.

I love my job hehehehehe

Lain

Giga Poster
I just played the demo for WET. It's really cool!

It's like a bloody, super violent Prince of Persia, but all modern and with guns and gangs and drugs and awesomeness. It has a very Tarantino-y/Kill Bill-y kind of feel to it.

I like it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I thought it was tosh! Lain fails!

It looks really cheaply made, with a bad and dull/repetitive gameplay element and annoying "filmic gimmic".

Dirt 2 is awesome!

Lain

Giga Poster
I think it could potentially get a bit repetitive in the full game, but the demo was awesome! Furie fails. :p

Dirt 2 was good, yes, and Mini Ninjas was a hoot. :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lain said:
I think it could potentially get a bit repetitive in the full game, but the demo was awesome! Furie fails. :p

failure_furie is impossible and you know it! :p

Batman? I played the demo. I thought.

Into room, button mash. Flick switch. Into room, button mash. Fiddly jumping/swinging bit into a section of button mashing and switch flicking.

However, the style of the game is absolutely and utterly gobsmackingly lovely. It's got the whole Batman feel to it nailed absolutely perfectly. The game I couldn't give a stuff about, but I loved the over feel and effect.

Shallow gameplay, great game... I hope that you don't like it because it's fur coat and no knickers Malky, after all you've said ;)

Ollie

CF Legend
Just played a couple of demos from the PSN.

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Really good actually. The detail in the characters and sets are amazing. The combat is brilliant but and works really fluently.
Really tempted to get the full game now. Especially because if you get it on PS3 you get to play as the Joker as well. :)

Wet:
Seems really crappy and repetitive at the moment which is a shame as I was looking forward to it a year or so ago. The car chase at the end was the only decent bit of the demo but even that was nothing amazing.

Lain

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
Wet:
Seems really crappy and repetitive at the moment which is a shame as I was looking forward to it a year or so ago. The car chase at the end was the only decent bit of the demo but even that was nothing amazing.

See, furie. I told you it was good. :p

Mark

Strata Poster
mrclam said:
Got batman arkham asylum yesterday

F-ME this game is great!
:lol:

Yep, playing the Demo now. Game not released quite yet in the UK! Gorgeous graphics and the gameplay is awesome. I think they have struck gold by basically mixing the Beat-Em-Up with the Platform game. Want the full game to come out NOW

Ollie

CF Legend
Just ordered a new 320GB hard drive for my PS3. :)
At least I shouldn't run out of space anymore and keep having to delete demos, videos and music.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lain said:
Ollie said:
Wet:

See, furie. I told you it was good. :p

Sometimes, it has to happen very occasionally, but Ollie can get it right :)

Bought a few games over the weekend.

Boom Blox - Wii It makes my arm ache. It's good enough fun I suppose, can't complain for a few quid :)

Far Cry 2 -PS3 Interesting, only played it for about an hour, but it's looking quite good. A different take on the usual FPS angle.

Baja - PS3 Got it cheap in a deal with Far Cry 2. It's rubbish, don't impulse buy!

Taito hits thing - PSP - New Zealand Story. <£5. I say no more :)

marc

CF Legend
I downloaded the demo of the new CMR game for PS3.

What a complete and utter load of crap hated it.

Codemasters just seem to stick with the same graphics and phyisics in every single car game they make. The F1 game they are making also looks poor :(

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
So wrong Marc, so wrong! :lol:

It's a great improvement on Dirt, which has been one of the highlights of the Ps3 since I got it (I only traded it in a few week's ago to make sure I got a decent price for it before Dirt 2 was released).

Just about to pre-order the game actually :lol:

They do have a universal engine though they use for all there games, and each one is an updated version of the previous one (Grid is based on the Dirt engine, which was based on the Toca Race driver engine, which was based on a CMR engine). The F1 game is based on the Grid engine too I think (Grid is a good game, but too much GT racing!).

I like their stuff anyway - can't think of anyone who does better racing games to be honest.

marc

CF Legend
I traded in Dirt as well, just at the right time. I enjoyed dirt but Dirt2 just felt weak.

Yes it had some nice effects etc like the water and fire works but that was it.

Maybe I need to give it more time. I only tried it for 5 mins but just did not enjoy it.

Grid I liked that was a great game, but I have seen the demo of the F1 game and it just looks poor.

The only people to ever get an F1 game right was Micropose on the PC, near enough all F1 games on consoles have had the same problems and that is cars that turn at right angles lol.

Maybe that will be better when fully complete.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's odd Marc, because I hated the Dirt demo. I don't know why I bought the game, I think it was just because there was a lack of other stuff on the PS3 at the time :lol:

Not seen much of the F1 game, but I find F1 tedious so it doesn't hold any interest. I had a girlfriend worked on the last Micropose F1 game. She had to go to the various teams to record the engine noises - not a bad job at all!

You're right, they are good.

Have you ever tried Live for Speed on the PC? The F1 style cars on that are superb, such a brilliant game if you're a real petrol head. Beware though, it's seriously demanding with the way the physics model works. Not the kind of game you can just sit down and start to play. Also, decent force feedback wheel is almost a necessity...

marc

CF Legend
I tried many F1 games games on the PC but never found anything as good at the Micropose games.

I could sit there and do full length races and not get bored, you could feel everything from engine drop off to worn tyres. Just a shame what happened to them really :(

You could change everything on the car from sping, to wing level and could notice the change straight away.

Codemasters have been working with the teams so I hope they get that part right. The main problem I have is the tracks, they are always far to wide and the cars to thin.

Could be worse though EA could have made it or Atari.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Far Cry 2 is **** Phil. Getting sent from one end of the (huge) map only to be sent back to another, very frustrating, boring, tiresome, bollocks basically.