What's new

The Games we play...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
F.E.A.R.2 - I recently beat this, after getting it a month and a half ago for a quarter of the original price. I think it would be worth buying, just for the story. Having not played the original F.E.A.R., it's a bit confusing, but I think I managed. The controls are similar to CoD, except melee, crouch, and change weapon are different. Another thing I liked was the Slo Mo ability. I had a ton of fun using that, and I kind of want to find all the other reflux injectors to have the full amount of time for Slo Mo. The story is pretty surprising, and the ending is ****ed up. There were only a few parts that were horrifying as well.

Overall: 8/10

Online is a different story.

Lately, I've been working on achievements for COD4 and COD:WAW, and I'm almost to 37 out of 37 in COD4. I just have a few more missions on veteran. WAW on the other hand...if my friends would want to play Zombies again...

PLCP

Mega Poster
NCAA Football 10:

Overall solid game. Graphics are nice, dynasty is still fun and you can actually run the ball in this game. Passing is difficult as the defense seems to have been vamped. I have had games where I've thrown 7 or 8 interceptions, all which started out as wide open receivers. Dynasty is fun as ever, Online Dynasty is even better, and TeamBuilder is phenomenal. Hopefully updates will be added in the future to add fight songs, rival teams, and more stadium selections. I'd love to see this feature implemented in other EA Sports games *cough*FIFA*cough*. Speaking of FIFA...

FIFA 09

I've had the game for nearly two months, and I still can't decide if I love it or hate it. Be a Pro is fantastic and loads of fun, while Manager Mode is no slouch either. Tournaments are a nice touch too. I'd love to see more stadiums included, though. Having only Old Trafford, Emirates, Stamford Bridge, St. James, and Anfield out of all Premier League stadiums is nowhere near enough. I hate playing at stupid Ivy Lane over and over again. Get rid of all the **** ing generic stadiums and put some real ones in. I still think the refs are stupid. Most slide tackles are guaranteed yellow cards, and completely unnecessary slides never get red cards. Some fouls are missed, and the amount of offsides called is insane. About half the offsides calls would not be able to be seen with a human eye. Goalies can sometimes act superhuman, and other times look like complete idiots. Roster updates besides the ones for online would be nice also. Its a pain having to do all the transfers manually. And what is up with the Netherlands national team? Most good Netherlands players were left off the squad and I had to put them in manually. Its a real love/hate relationship with this game that sometimes has me playing it for 8 hours straight and others have me throwing my controller through the TV.

tks

Strata Poster
I've recently rediscovered a LOVE for DOS games.

In particular, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. I LOVE the crap graphics and amazing gameplay.. :D Such sarcasm.

mrclam

Giga Poster
We just announced we're making braid for ps3 - and i know a lot of you are ps3 owners.. so there you go.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
World at War Map Pack 3 comes out on August 6th. I don't know if I'm going to get it or not. There will be a Russian sniper map, a Japanese island, and a German map with dense fog. The zombie map will be in a factory. There will be a whole bunch of new add ons with that, such as teleporters, monkey bombs, and a few others. It should be fun.

kimahri

CF Legend
I didn't think that the multiplayer maps in the last pack were anygood. The zombie map was amazing however.

I'm buying it.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm getting it just for the Zombie maps. The new multiplayer maps haven't been anything amazing so far.

kimahri

CF Legend
^ "DIS WIRR HORD THE BACK FOR A WHIRE! HA HA HA!"

I lol'd at that. Yeah looks really awesome! I don't think it's the last one though. There is space for 1 more thing on the leader boards.

Ollie

CF Legend
That map pack comes out the day I leave for Tenerife which is annoying as I have to wait 2 weeks before I get to play it.
Anyway. Finally got Dead Space after almost 2 months of waiting. I love it. It's got such a good atmosphere, the lighting is fantastic and the creatures are scary. Especially when they come flying out of a vent at you.

Also downloaded Fat Princess:. Only played the single player so far. It's pretty good but it's a game that's all about the multiplayer which is what I've yet to play properly. I went online briefly for about 5 minutes and they have a cool thing football game where you play football against each other while slicing each other to bits which is fun. I like the animations and the voice-over and little chant things the characters do is cool. :)

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
Bet you can't guess what i've been playing recently....

Both the new and remake games of Monkey Island are brilliant. I love the fact that they have made a bit of a return... Now I just hope that they remake other classics, and that the rest of the episodes are going to be brilliant.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
Anyway. Finally got Dead Space after almost 2 months of waiting. I love it. It's got such a good atmosphere, the lighting is fantastic and the creatures are scary. Especially when they come flying out of a vent at you.

You'll be finished with it in days.

it's an incredibly linear dull experience imho..

With occasional "wow" anti-grav bits... which last for 2% of the game..