What's new

The Games we play...

mrclam

Giga Poster
Its how i calculate how cheap/expensive something is when living in a foreign country

i think to myself..

"well that new shirt would cost 4 beers here.. but in england it'd cost me 5.. therefor its cheap!"

and so on..

kimahri

CF Legend
Hokey, I'm borrowing Guitar World tour and the drum thingy off my cousins since it's been replaced after the incident and they aren't using it. Tis good, Blah blah blah on medium, e-penis growing and achivments etc.

And Metal Slug 3 is hard.

I used all 9 credits on that last level alone. Not sure what the difficulty was though... <3 it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I work on a similar system to Mr Clam, but I use movies as the guide.

I love going to the cinema, it's one of those things I really enjoy. So, a cinema outing will give me around two hours entertainment for about £6 (cheap Stafford cinema).

So, my hourly rate of enjoyment is £3 per hour. If Flower gives me two hours entertainment for £6, it was worth it. If it gives me four hours (which it has), then I'm quids in on the entertainment value front.

It doesn't stop me going to the cinema, it's just a point of reference :)

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ive been playing "Bonsia Barber" on the wii..

it's nuts...

Shame it only lets you do a little bit each day - or i'd be able to tell you more about it.

will come back with full review soon.. so far it's ace.

spicy

Giga Poster
Couldn't believe it this morning, I turned my 360 on and it said it needs updating so I thought fair enough update that I will go play my PS3. Then that needed updating :x

I want my Sega Megadrive back.

On another note- anyone played Madworld yet? Im debating whether to buy it or not as I think it looks quite similar to No More Heroes and I didn't like that.

Lain

Giga Poster
Prince of Persia was only £9.99 on Play.com yesterday, with a free DLC code, so bought myself a copy.

Anyone played it? What do you reckon?

mrclam

Giga Poster
spicy said:
On another note- anyone played Madworld yet? Im debating whether to buy it or not as I think it looks quite similar to No More Heroes and I didn't like that.

Mad world is a toughy. I like it and i also didnt like No More Heroes.

I dont like it for the gore or anything like that - if you're into seeing red pixels you'll love this.

The best thing about the game for me (and one which makes it a "marmite" game) is it's a return to "high score" gaming. Where you just replay levels to get high scores - if you like that type of thing (i.e. you're an old school old fart like myself) - you'll love it.

If you prefer story driven bore fests.. you'll probably hate it though.

Lewis

Hyper Poster
^ It's okay imo. Nothing special but can get very repetitive. As in get to healing plate > defeat boss > repeat.

Getting it for £9.99 is a bargain though!

mrclam

Giga Poster
Lewis said:
^ It's okay imo. Nothing special but can get very repetitive. As in get to healing plate > defeat boss > repeat.

Getting it for £9.99 is a bargain though!

You're talking about PoP here not Madworld?

kimahri

CF Legend
I like Killer7.

Therefor I recommend people should buy it.

It's cheap on PS2 so what's there to loose?

Plus it isn't your bog standard gun metal gray and mud brown FPS with **** plot.

It's a... controllable... on rail's... shooty... puzzle... Survival horror... Weird... thing.

With a very OMGWTF Story. Especially the cut scene for the 3rd target about some (what I gather) guy who started his own religion thing and has an orgasm and blows up a building holding a concert.

Ollie

CF Legend
Yay. Played Verrucked (sp?) on Nazi Zombies today online for the first time. Great fun, although it get the difficulty shoots up once you've got to the generator room.

kimahri

CF Legend
Verruckt progresses twice as much as the original Nazi zombie.

Stage one on Verruckt is like stage 2 on original, stage 2 is like stage 4 and so on.

And then there is the added behavior and the Mystery box... Exploding.

EDIT:-

I now want 2 Megaten games. :|

Digital Devil Saga and Nocturn. Any one fancy getting then for me? :D

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ollie said:
Yay. Played Verrucked (sp?) on Nazi Zombies today online for the first time. Great fun, although it get the difficulty shoots up once you've got to the generator room.

Kim's right. When you start with a Gehwer, it's a two shot kill in level two. In level six, it's almost a whole clip. My friends were making it to level 25 in the first zombies, and now we can only make it to fifteen in Verruckt, and that's with camping in the kitchen and that other room where Speed Cola is.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've been playing House of the Dead Overkill (cheers, Big John!) on the Wii for a week now. Really easy to complete but I'm hooked enough now to get high scores, add more mutants and that sort of stuff.

I've tried it with the Wii gun adapter and it's pants, much rather just use the remote on it's own and it works better as well.

So yeah, zombie killing FTW.