What's new

The Games we play...

kimahri

CF Legend
Oh my god.

Verruckt lives up to it's name.

I just got to round 14 and it's like being in round 21 of the original Nazi Zombies.

They can get through the electric defenses and get a hit on you and when millions are coming through at one time even jugger-nog can't help you.

Btw Jugger-nog is a God send in early levels.

Ollie

CF Legend
How do you turn on those electric barrier things?

I still can't get on it online but played it with my little brother on split screen. It's great fun but was hard with just two people. I think the highest round we got to was 6 (crap I know).
He doesn't play computer games that much though and wasn't too sure what he was doing. So I was moreorless playing on my own and using him to watch the windows behind me so I cfould run over and help him.

Hopefully there will be a patch soon if more people are finding it hard to play online.

kimahri

CF Legend
to turn the elctric fences on you need to be on the balcony. at one of the entrances to it there should be a red box. it costs 1000 points to use and they are only temporary and they have a cool down time.

also let the left side (gewehr) turn the power on since that side only has 3 door compaired to the 5 on the right (M1 garand)

If you start on the right, save up till you get the BAR and wait until the power is on and get JUGGER-NOG!!!! Seriously that perk is amazing in zombies. although if you can try change to slight of hand in later level since zombies end up taking you down in one hit in later levels.

I rambled.

mrclam

Giga Poster
For Divvie Dave:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/965/965993p1.html

Early last year Ron Gilbert (of The Secret of Monkey Island fame) announced he had teamed up with Hothead Games (of The Penny Arcade Adventures fame) to create an adventure game called DeathSpank. And we haven't heard of it since. That is, until today at a talk Hothead Games gave at the 2009 Game Developers Conference. Hothead gave us just a few details on what we can expect from the "RPG with Monkey Island humor."

DeathSpank is a character that has appeared for years in comics on Gilbert's Grumpy Gamer blog. 'Spank's adventure will be an action RPG, similar to a Diablo or Zelda game.

While Hothead has thus far been involved in episodic gaming with The Penny Arcade Adventures, DeathSpank will not be episodic, they said. Instead, the developer will be adding downloadable content after the game is released. Unfortunately, we still don't have a release window.

spicy

Giga Poster
Say hello to OnLive

onlive2.jpg

If this works it will be awesome.

http://www.flytrapgames.com/2009/03/25/ ... -hardware/

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
No, but it does require a T1 connection at 15Mb to use, which means that you wouldn't be able to use it over WiFi for starters...

Hurrah! :lol:

mrclam

Giga Poster
Onlive has amazing potential.. No need to have multiple consoles.. games can be as powerful as the most powerful pc hardware allows - WITHOUT needing people to upgrade their pcs, etc etc.

In practice however i'm more than a slight bit sceptical about it.

For one, the delay between pressing a button - sending it down internet, playing that movement, compressing the video, and sending that back - might render a lot of games unplayable. Sure it might work okay now with just one person connected to their servers - but what about 1000s (or even millions) of people?

For second - when normal internet struggles to always perfectly stream even the basic youtube movie without it juddering around and losing sound, etc etc - i'm sceptical about having a stream of a high res video being sent to me lag free.

But if it works, and works well.. it's going to be amazing.. Not just for consumers but for developers too (cutting out the shop keeper/distribution/piracy/etc in one swoop)

mrclam

Giga Poster
^^^ I think that post belongs in the "crap youtube video section" of the website.

Or the shameless viral marketing from sony section.

Fun Fact: Nintendo have sold almost as many wii balance boards as sony has sold Ps3's worldwide...

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah but everyone knows the Wii has sold loads as it appeals to a wider range of people. That's why the console war has always been between the 360 and PS3.

BTW I don't want to start another argument. I just wanted to post the video as a joke as he's crazily hilarious. :p

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
Yeah but everyone knows the Wii has sold loads as it appeals to a wider range of people. That's why the console war has always been between the 360 and PS3.

uh? What complete nonsense.. "it's sold to more people so therefor it doesnt count".. sigh...

It doesnt matter for peanuts anyhuws.. but that's just MENTAL logic you applied there... But I dont want this to degenerate into "my machine is better than your machine" nonsense.

I just wanted to post the video as a joke as he's crazily hilarious. :p

About as funny as putting my balls in a meat slicer.

spicy

Giga Poster
mrclam said:
Onlive has amazing potential.. No need to have multiple consoles.. games can be as powerful as the most powerful pc hardware allows - WITHOUT needing people to upgrade their pcs, etc etc.

In practice however i'm more than a slight bit sceptical about it.

For one, the delay between pressing a button - sending it down internet, playing that movement, compressing the video, and sending that back - might render a lot of games unplayable. Sure it might work okay now with just one person connected to their servers - but what about 1000s (or even millions) of people?

For second - when normal internet struggles to always perfectly stream even the basic youtube movie without it juddering around and losing sound, etc etc - i'm sceptical about having a stream of a high res video being sent to me lag free.

But if it works, and works well.. it's going to be amazing.. Not just for consumers but for developers too (cutting out the shop keeper/distribution/piracy/etc in one swoop)

Exactly my thoughts, I would absolutely love this to work but for the reasons you mention I just can't see it.

Maybe when technology improves in a few years it could be working without any problems that its bound to have when it is launched.

mrclam

Giga Poster
imagine to always be able to play the very latest cutting edge games without needing a new console or upgrading your pc?

imagine playng games visually better than anything the 360 or ps3 could produce without needing new hardware...

Imagine getting rid of all this "my console is better than yours" nonsense (like the above post with his "hilarious" anti-microsoft video)

sounds great... in theory...

kimahri

CF Legend
This Onlive sounds like the Phantom.

I agree it does sound like a good idea.

But I also agree that it may just not work. They may get further than the phantom and actually release it but I think that the issues brought up about lag and what not.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Phantom was a crap idea.. required you to download games to your machine - and as such would need storage space, and an expensive pc inside..

Would've been too expensive, and would require constant upgrading to keep up to track with pc gaming...

Ollie

CF Legend
^You mean the new DS one about the train? :p

I quite liked Phantom Hourglass. They got the gameplay just right and it was enjoyable to play and the difficulty level was just right.
The only thing that pissed me off was that 'temple of time' or whatever it was called that you had to go through loads of times.