What's new

The Games we play...

mrclam

Giga Poster
kimahri said:
WII CUBE!!!1!

Stop trying to derail conversations. Besides I've programmed both - and you're wrong by a huge margin.

Back on topic - New zelda looks ace.. I agree about having to re-do that dungeon over and over in the last one (didnt really suit playing "on the go" either that bit as i couldnt save anywhere). Also hated the bit where i had to close the screen.. GAH!! I actually thought my DS was broken!

The other thing i didnt like was having to shout into my DS at certain points or blow things, etc.. If i'm playing a game machine on the train/plane - i already look like a childish tard - dont make me look more like one!

Seems as though they've replaced the boat for the plane! and that's about it.. hopefully not though
:--D

Ollie

CF Legend
That bit where you had to shut your DS in the last one was genius I thought. More games need to think of different ways like that to use your console.
I agree shouting into the mic can be embarrassing, but I luckily wasn't playing in public and just played it at home in my spare time.
I'm not sure if I like the whole train idea though. The boat 'kinda' worked in the last one as you could draw your own route. But the train will probably just have set routes between different places.
The cannon also gets annoying, and I bet the travelling sections will get boring fast like in the last one.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
mrclam said:
imagine to always be able to play the very latest cutting edge games without needing a new console or upgrading your pc?

imagine playng games visually better than anything the 360 or ps3 could produce without needing new hardware...

Imagine getting rid of all this "my console is better than yours" nonsense (like the above post with his "hilarious" anti-microsoft video)

sounds great... in theory...

Imagine reading my post and realising that you need a £2,000 a month internet connection to use it :lol: (though costs are much, much lower in the US, you'd still be able to buy a new cutting edge PC each year for the yearly cost of the net connection).

As for the balance boards? I do think it's funny they've sold so many, but the funniest thing (which is why Nintendo are laughing their arses off to the bank) is that most of them are sitting there unused, certainly more unused than PS3's and 360's. Nintendo have really captured a unique market of people who have lots of disposable income to use on toys they play with for a few weeks, then put into a cupboard. It's like Simon, Yahtzee and Trivial Pursuit all over again :lol:

peep said:
furie said:
Everyone else can suffer my Patapon addiction!
http://patapon-game.com/game.php?locale=en_GB

I am now addicted to it, damn you :D

It's actually a reason to own a PSP finally. The full game is just that as the basic gameplay, but there's a complex resource management system at the back end, and things to collect by replaying missions (including more patterns to use while you're fighting) plus a mildly surreal and amusing storyline.

It really is great, especially when you get into fever mode and the fighting goes mental :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I love the way everyone reads my posts :roll:

The reason it's lag free Ollie, is because it's running over a LAN, or a T1 (15Mb) broadband line. Anything less (including if you have it hooked up to a WiFi router) will not be able to handle the bandwidth.

If I have to say it again then I might just lock this thread and throw it out of the window!

Ollie

CF Legend
I was saying it was lag free in reference to one of Clammy's posts on the last page. I know how it all works.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, in the situation I mentioned above. Mr Clam was simply reiterating what I'd said about you needing a massive penis extension of an internet connection to use it successfully.

All you've done is said "when it meets Furie's criteria, it works lag free". Well, we knew that when I laid down my criteria :roll:

kimahri

CF Legend
Toddlers.

They never listen. :roll:

Anyhoo

I got .hack//Infection (said Dot Hack Infection)

Dunno what to think so far since "The world" broke and I can "log On" to it.

It's interesting to say the least.

Was only 4 quid as well from Grainger Games. Which BTW had a copy of Killer7 for 2 quid and my friend who is a story fanatic didn't buy... and Killer 7 has a good story so far. As well as atmosphere and game play and Awesome weirdness like a talking decapitated head who is becoming one of my favorite characters of the game. ^_^

She makes me laugh.

second time I met her she said that she didn't go to school when it rains and her mother didn't understand why and when her mother tried to get her to go... she jumped out the second floor window and broke hers legs. She then told me that she had no visitors, not ever her mother. "Why?" you ask! Well she landed on top of her mother after jumping out. She said it was awesome!

One more thing.

Metal Slug 3 is great as well.

Carpel tunnel ftw!

mrclam

Giga Poster
furie said:
All you've done is said "when it meets Furie's criteria, it works lag free". Well, we knew that when I laid down my criteria :roll:

Does furies criteria also have not having 1000 people logged in at the exact same time? Or your internet provider not maxing out?

(ducks for cover)

kimahri

CF Legend
Ah.

K.

I just referencing that new Wii Qube, Cube, Peripheral, plastic crap thing or possible early April fools day joke since Ollie mentioned LOZ: Spirit train which was talked about on screwattack's hard news and in the same episode they also spoke about the mentioned cube... thing.

then you went on about programming and "You're both wrong," on the same line then I got lost.

mrclam

Giga Poster
okay.. sorry.. i thought you were being one of those interweb kiddies who keep saying the wii is a gamecube or something.

Misunderstood what you were saying.. but then with a 2 word post which is completely unrelated to anything else anyone is talking about - what do you expect?

Ollie

CF Legend
Finally gave up and brought Flower last night. It's actually quite good. It looks stunning visually and the gameplay is fun. The way you control it using the sixaxis is easy and great to use although it gets harder when trying to turn tight corners and you end up missing some flowers if you're travelling too fast.
Great game but content wise (with only 6 levels) it's kinda pushing it for a £6.30 price tag as it's one of those games you don't know if you're going to like until you get it. It only took me a couple of hours to get through all the levels and the only real reason to go back and replay them is because of the trophies. But once you've got them I probably won't see myself playing it again for ages.
There's also quite a few easy trophies to get so I'm even further ahead of Pierre who's trying to catch up with me. :p

Is it worth getting? Yes. It's something different, relaxing to play and looks and plays great. If it was half the price it was then I'd recommend everyone to get it, but at over £6 I'd say to look into it a it more before getting it to make sure that you're interested enough.

mrclam

Giga Poster
How many pints of beer will six quid buy you?

What would last longer - flower or those beers?

exactly.

World Of Goo on WiiWare - Equally BRILLIANT!!!

Lain

Giga Poster
mrclam said:
How many pints of beer will six quid buy you?

What would last longer - flower or those beers?

exactly.

Yeah, but if you compared the price of everything like that, then nobody would ever buy any beer. :p