What's new

The Games we play...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
So, did nobody download any of the new demos over the last couple of weeks?

There was the Wanted demo a couple of weeks back. Highly violent shooter/stabber. Lots of blood, and the ability to bend bullets.

Was fun for a little while.

Wheelman out last week. Again, good enough fun in its own way - certainly something a little different to the norm, if somewhat shallow and samey.

Patapon 2 on PSP - lovely, quirky, superb but just too complicated for a n00b to Patapon. In case you don't know what it is, it's a side scrolling 2D RTS. The quirk? You issue commands by beating four drums in certain patterns in time to the singing and dancing your warriors do. If you want to march on, it's pata, pata, pata pon (square, square, square, circle). Attack is pon, pon, pata, pon (circle, circle, square, circle). Really addictive stuff and gorgeously presented.

I'm going to pick up the original cheap now, and then move onto 2 when I've got a handle on the game :D

Also Chronicles of Riddick. Generic FPS really...

Oh, and the dreadful Red Baron :lol:

Pierre

Strata Poster
I downloaded Wheelman without reading the description, felt a little sick in my mouth when I realised it was Vin Diesel.

But, it wasn't a bad game, it doesn't make me want to pay £40 for the full version.

kimahri

CF Legend
the PUU PUU!

Play moar FFVI!

Surprising fact.

I haven't finished FFVI yet.

I got to the last dungeon and started it again. I JUST DON'T WANT IT TO EEEEND!

Aerith

Mega Poster
kimahri said:
the PUU PUU!

Play moar FFVI!

Surprising fact.

I haven't finished FFVI yet.

I got to the last dungeon and started it again. I JUST DON'T WANT IT TO EEEEND!

Well it must end! It cannot last forever!

as much as we want it to :cry:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Patapon 2 is made of Win+10!

Last night I played the demo, and everything suddenly started to make sense. The way you evolve your warriors, the resource collection, everything. It all clicked!

So, after five hours on the demo (and being able to bring your demo save to the full game) I went out and bought the full game.

Now I have even MORE levels to play in!

I suspect it will get very hard soon, but at the moment, it's just great fun! All hail Real-Time-Rhythm-Strategy! :)

kimahri

CF Legend
I got the new map pack for Call of Duty WAW.

Personally I like the new maps.

Knee deep and the night one are good, the subway not so much and the new Zombie map is awesome sauce.

The zombies all have a different voice, The people you play as talk when certain things happen and it's quite unnerving being on that map. I likes it! Only got to round 9 however so I don't know everything about the map yet like what new things the zombies do but what I have seen defiantly caught me off guard.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Same here. Knee Deep is my favourite out of the new maps.
Haven't got the chance to play the new Zombie map as when I've gone into the lobby to play it no-one joins for ages as they're already in games.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Here's my review on Verruckt, the new Zombies level:

This game is the scariest survival game I've played. It is so much fun. Treyarch did an absolutely incredible job with this version. It's based in an asylum and in a four player game, you're split up in pairs on either side of the building. Once you get enough points to open up all the doors and rooms, you have to go upstairs and turn on the power while zombies are trying to get in from the perimeter and also the courtyard in the center. Once you get the power on, you have a plethora of guns, grenades, perks(which come from pop machines), and the random weapons box. One of the special things about the game is that if you go onto a balcony, there is a power box and if you activate it, you separate yourself from the zombies by electricity fields for about a minute. Probably the best part of the game is the announcer, letting you know when you get bonuses, like Insta-kill or double points. The announcer says what you got in this creepy zombie voice that makes your skin crawl and all four of you say "Oh my god" at the same time. When you get the nuke, the announcer even says "Kaboom" in a sarcastic voice. Treyarch definitely took it up a notch with this version of the game. I've played around ten rounds, and the highest I've made was level 11.

Lain

Giga Poster
Does anybody else find that the Personal IDs on the Playstation site take aaaaages to update?

It always seems to be a few trophies behind. :(

Ollie

CF Legend
I've prestiged for the first time in CoD:WaW.
I then did crap again in most matches until I unlocked the DP28 again and now I'm going around slaughtering people online. :p

Also is anyone else having problems playing Nazi Zombies?
Every time I got to play it it keeps saying "waiting for one more player" but no-one turns up even though there are thousands online.

kimahri

CF Legend
On Verruckt it keeps trying to join a game then it goes back searching. Everything else is fine.

Anyway.

I downloaded the TH12 demo..,

It's hard :(

The penalty for dieing is pretty harsh. At least the little UFO's are cool.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
For Verruckt, you should try getting a party of four together. When I do this with my friends, it works right away.