What's new

Texas Giant opening date confirmed

An official press release from an Arlington newspaper

Additional Information: In true Texas fashion, these Giant trains symbolize everything that is grand and great about the Lone Star State. The ride will boast three trains that pay homage to the popular 1961 Cadillac Deville. From the replicated body of the car, to the grill, headlights and tail lights, the look of these trains will take guests on a smooth and exhilarating ride with a nostalgic twist. To top it off, each train has a custom-made “cattle horn” and custom saddle designed seats.

The three train colors are aqua metallic, black metallic and red metallic.
Each train will hold 24 passengers in stadium style seating.
Each train is approximately 48 feet long and almost 5 feet wide.
The lap bar restraints have been custom designed with a saddle horn.

I can't wait to see the other trains and their colors, and if this thing has NO seatbelts, it'll really reduce wait times. Also, with three trains, there's got to be a MCBR, which is good in its own way. Probably going for a sneak peek sometime soon, if they leave it on display.

Well.. the cars look incredibly stupid.. along with the fact the 'No Limits' ad they did is just as bad.

I hope the ride is as good as I hope it COULD be.. or else I'll be disappointed.

Some pictures from today:

The finale
finale.jpg

Ledgers where the old double helix used to be. Could there possibly a diving turn underneath the lift hill?
helixledgers.jpg

Another view of the finale
finaleoverview.jpg

The rest can be found here.

TEXAS GIANT TUESDAY!

73681_485474280990_65853440990_7414022_601832_n.jpg

According to Six Flags Facebook 60% of the track is completed, which means we don't have too much longer!

I like the trains, and the ride is just looking more and more bad ass. I do hate that NL ad they did though.

I actually have a big update. Some pictures from TPR

They really used the old structure to their advantage
1_417.jpg

Progress from up top
4_245.jpg

New ledgers and the bottom of the drop after the midcourse (I believe)
6_96.jpg

This shows that the coaster will go UNDER the lift and be very close to the ground
7_85.jpg

Ledgers after the midcourse and third drop
9_84.jpg

New transfer track cable was put in
s.jpg

And according to this link we get this quote:

Q. Why was the Flame Cannons removed from Bizarro?
A. We Felt they were not necessary and they will be used at SFOT on the Texas Giant to save money.

My question is where would they put them?

And according to SFOT's Facebook, the track has reached the 60% completion point.

Isn't it only one, flame thrower? mabye at the bottom of the first drop but really I can't wait to go there! My aunt moved to Texas and she said she live 1-2 hours away so she would bring me!

^ <3
^^Looks like I'll have to hide my face when she does :wink:

But does anyone think this coaster is pushing border line extremism? Maybe they're pushing it really far? I'm afraid once they get to running the train with dummies, it will have to go through either extensive braking and/or heavy reprofiling?

What is the problem UC? He was only showing his excitement at getting to ride it.

And yes, I DO know it was sarcasm, but you must have had a point to bring it up in the first place.

Anyway, I still think this looks amazing. And you might be right, RCF, we'll just have to wait and see.

UC said:
Who cares if he's showing his excitement to ride it?

Because this is a rollercoaster forum, where we share our insights, knowledge, opinions, thoughts etc on all things rollercoaster and theme park based?

RCF: They have done their math. There should be no problem, but engineers have been wrong before(obviously).

UC said:
AMAZING! CAN YOUR AUNT BRING ALL OF US?

PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE?

MAN, AWESOME. I WAS SURE NO ONE HERE WOULD BE ABLE TO RIDE THIS THING FOREVER - BUT SINCE YOUR AUNT IS BRINGING YOU...MAN. WOW.
See has a van that fits 7 so.... I can give a couple of you rides

RCF said:
But does anyone think this coaster is pushing border line extremism? Maybe they're pushing it really far? I'm afraid once they get to running the train with dummies, it will have to go through either extensive braking and/or heavy reprofiling?

I can imagine they will have to replace some of the old wood when it starts running.

UC said:
None of which he did. He stated his aunt was taking him to ride it.

Oh, that's strange.

jjjjustin12 said:
Isn't it only one, flame thrower? mabye at the bottom of the first drop but really I can't wait to go there! My aunt moved to Texas and she said she live 1-2 hours away so she would bring me!

Seems to me he expressed an opinion based on his previous knowledge and followed that by some excitement of getting to ride it.