What's new

Texas Giant opening date confirmed

Antinos: I was considering because I know they're not gonna attempt this with a blind eye, and apparently this has been years in the making, but I'm afraid it's gonna end up like I305 (even though that's a totally different issue). I really don't wan this to go through reprofiling or extensive braking just before opening because then I would be EXTREMELY disappointed.

UC said:
Once again, I'm offering to let you know every single time I go some place. You've now signed up for the "UC UPDATES SERVICE!"

Prepare for some PM bombardment, my friend, because I travel A LOT.

That's not enough, though. You'll also have to tell him when there's a slight possibility you could go somewhere and/or list relatives near amusement parks.

Well congratulations. By complaining about one piece of slight spam that no one apart from you even cared about or would have mentioned you have now filled most of a page with useless argueing. Well Done Sir

UC i respect you for your coaster knowledge but damn do you whine.

Anyway back on topic.

I'm split over this whole thing. While the ride looks awesome the proof really is going to be in the pudding here. I can imagine this having pretty large downtime as with any prototype

In terms of operations I hope this goes more the way of Intamin Plug n Play system than SOB. Although the woodie purist in me is sad to see TG being converted, I think if everything works it could be a fantastic ride.

PS: there is no chance i will ride this at all within the next 6 months with any member of my family.

UC said:
No, he stated an opinion followed by spam, in the form of us telling him his aunt was taking him to ride it. Something irrelevant.

Once again, I'm offering to let you know every single time I go some place. You've now signed up for the "UC UPDATES SERVICE!"

So you complain about him spamming, yet you follow suit? Makes sense. Well done.

UC said:
No, he stated an opinion followed by spam, in the form of us telling him his aunt was taking him to ride it. Something irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant to him though, it's fact. His profile states he's 12 and you can't claim ignorance on that one as I seem to remember you having another argument with him about his legality on the site ;) .

Arly's also quite rightly pointed out that, as aforementioned 12 year-old's are inclined to do; he is very excited about his trip to a "brand-new" ride when it opens, going with a family member. As he, A) doesn't live near the park, but said relative does, and B) cannot drive, but said relative can. Ergo - relevant in this case.

Have A Nice Day! :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rPe0BtYvTA[/youtube]

It's called a joke, lighten up?

If it was me or Gavin making that kind of comment, it would be passed over (though admittedly you'd think we were losing our touch :p ).

Chill and move on please :)

furie said:
It's called a joke, lighten up?

You calling me fat? :p

I did initially believe it to be a joke, but to then harper on about it and flatly state its irrelevance to anything just tasted wrong. :lol:

mountain.jpg

molehill.jpg

Move on... Texas Giant then...

It still looks ugly.

I also have to agree with Arly and say that UC is making a big fuss over nothing. Are we not allowed to get excited to ride a new ride on an coaster 'enthusiast' site? Everyone else says they're excited to go on trips to parks so what's wrong with a 12 year old being excited to ride a new coaster?

What a surprise, after a page of discussion on a pointless issue, it's Neal and Ollie who come in last to drag it out...

Be quiet, guys.

And I still think this is going to have some serious issues with it. It just isn't right...

Ollie said:
I also have to agree with Arly

You don't have to though, especially after being nudged not to.

Don't make me search for more images... You've been warned... ;)

Oooops - my finger slipped on the delete key; sorry Neal. I'm sure it was a really informative post too ;)

Ben said:
What a surprise, after a page of discussion on a pointless issue, it's Neal and Ollie who come in last to drag it out...

Almost as surprising as you having to get a word in edgeways. :p

BUT the ride DOES look pretty fab and unique <3

As a side-note, I also think it'll be funny if it's rough as hell because (as we all know too well), American muscle cars can't go round corners! :lol:

Enough spamming ladies. Texas Giant is the topic.. not if you want to take it in the butt from Arly. Spanx. ;)

PS: I hope this thing rides well. It will be one of those 'AWESOME' or 'WHY GOD WHY' rides imo.

Buoyancy.jpg

Oh...Texas Giant...Yeah. I'm still not sold on the red rails. I guess more track will need to be added before making a final decision.

UPDATE!!

The transfer track is in the "home" position, and you can see the gap between the station and transfer track. What would they use to fill that up if they had to?
tpr1_6.jpg

Closer shot of the gap
tpr3_5.jpg

New rails around the "new" helix section
tpr2_5.jpg

The first turn is now completely tracked!
tpr4_5.jpg

First part of the ride is completely connected so it really gives it a sense of completeness.
tpr5_3.jpg

New graphic
32_texas_giant_refurb_demo_october_22_tpr.png