What's new

Texas Giant opening date confirmed

Texas Giant Tuesday! Unveiled, a picture of the red Giant train!

74810_492831845990_65853440990_7546629_6816151_n.jpg

The third train (which I don't remember what color it is) will be unveiled soon as well!

I think the third train was black. I love the look of them except for that stupid plexi-glass barrier on the side.

Working headlights would certainly add another effect to the train, but would be more of a night time deal. Come to think of it, if they were bright enough, it would make or quite an interesting night experience.

From the looks of it, they only look like decorations, I dont think they'll actually work

No they won't work, but it'd be cool. I'm certainly hoping that they'll actually start to run the Giant at night because they usually stopped operating it at around 8 o'clock.

Well seeing as how it's going to technically be a major draw to the park again, they're piss off quite a lot of people if they closed it early. Unless there was a specific reason why the closed it so early.

RCF said:
No they won't work, but it'd be cool. I'm certainly hoping that they'll actually start to run the Giant at night because they usually stopped operating it at around 8 o'clock.

Why would it close at 8 o'clock anyway?

Well for the past couple of years, they had a night show in the Amphitheater (Cirque Dreams Coobrila which was pretty kickass but that's beside the point), which is very closely located to the Giant, and that would obviously disrupt the show, but even before then, they would close it at 8 as there's no lights on the ride, or around that area where a majority of the ride is located. I'm not completely sure though.

I think it is just from the noise levels, and the operating costs. 10am-8pm is 10 hours of straight operation.

Some new pictures and a good (albeit crappy quality) video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsK7zW09Hm4[/youtube]

Not much of a change near the old helix section with the weird ledgers but it's always nice to have a picture
tpr2_6.jpg

They finally closed up the gap at the bottom of the first drop where they were letting the crane through
tpr3_6.jpg

Just a couple more pieces and that low to the ground turn is complete, looks insane!
tpr4_6.jpg

A new airtime opportunity leading into the finale
tpr5_4.jpg

A closer look at the drop into the old helix section
tpr6_2.jpg

And a really good shot of the approach to the turn under the lift
tpr7.png

And finally, ledgers for the section 'that must not be named."
tpr8_2.jpg

That drop... man...

I don't know what it is, maybe the fact that the red rails highlight it, but... it just looks so awesome.

Slightly random but after taking a closer look at Giant train pics, the front of the Cadillac actually serves as what looks like a zero car:

db_Giant_Cnstr__47_1.jpg

Not so much an update but close enough:

If you look at the time lapse pictures, you can see that more track is starting to go up on some of the past 95* sections. Also, some of the track on the West side (heading into the finale) is also very noticeable. And to end, you can see the drop of off the midcourse is shaping up, and it looks almost steeper than before.

EDIT: from ACE's gallery of TG photos

db_IMG_05792.jpg

db_IMG_05612.jpg

db_IMG_05452.jpg

db_IMG_05432.jpg

db_IMG_05132.jpg

db_IMG_05032.jpg

db_IMG_04992.jpg

db_IMG_04932.jpg

rest of the pics here: http://www.coastercon.com/html/giant-album.html