What's new

Takabisha - Fuji Q - Eurofighter (Launched?)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Most of us like it... :?

I think it looks awesome. Make sure you don't put me in the hate camp. All I was saying was that I kinda feel it might flow better if the launch was second.

marc

CF Legend
On Flunch it did not really mess up the flow as there was enough after the 2nd drop and it seems to be the same with this as well.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Martyn B said:
It reminds me of the kind of crap you build when you play on RCT for the first ever time.
EXACTLY! That's what I like about it.

If somebody asked me to design a rollercoaster, it would look like this.

When I played RCT for the first time, I made a coaster that I would like to ride. The physics were all wrong and it got a low score, but it looked like fun. That's how I see Takabisha.

I've stopped seeing this as a Eurofighter. It's a coaster that just so happens to have a Eurofighter element, ie: the more than vertical drop.

It looks like brilliant fun. I'm sure it'll be slated when it opens/when we see a POV, but right now, it a mess of a coaster and it turns me on.

.Will

Roller Poster
I like it. It has looks like a cool coaster, not to impressed with the holding brake on it, I think that could do with a bit more work. Through put will be pretty bad on it too.

Can't wait to see some on ride footage, will give full opinions on it then.

:)

Lofty

CF Legend
I actually don't understand why Eurofighters get so much hatred, yeah, for us coaster enthusiasts, they may see it as ****, boring and slightly rough. But for the general public, they seem to really like them and find them pretty terrifying.

This still looks fantastic. I just with I had chance to ride it one time!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_xVYvVPKys&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Yep, it's POV time!

You can't see much indoors, but the outside bits look legit. I would love to go and ride it.

mouse

Giga Poster
This thing is just awesome! Those inversions are so big!
And I think the holding brakes really add to it, I mean, I would be pretty scared on that bit.

marc

CF Legend
The best thing is you cannot see the track when you go over the drop so I think it would seem more scary than the B&M dive machines.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It has a pre-launch section too!

This rocks my world! Want. Now. :D

Martyn B

CF Legend
^^ Yeah its similar to Saw, inline twist etc.

I think it looks great, though I'd prefer if with the lift first really, coming to a complete stop after that launch and massive inversions would just completely kill off any adrenaline.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^See, I don't see it like that at all; I see it as more of a "2-4-1" coaster - you're basically getting 2 different types of ride in one.

Not just that, but the break in the layout actually gives you time to think about, contemplate, and **** your pants over what's coming up. The lift coming first could actually take away from the impact of the launch, since you've done the most intimidating bit first.

It works for Fluch Von Novgorod, and, to a lesser extent (no launch I know, but a clear first section) Saw and Mystery Mine.

Thom25

Roller Poster
When I first saw the lay-out, I too wanted the drop first, but after seeing the POV have changed my mind and think this lay-out and elements are coaster heaven. Now let's get one here in the states (please).

Ben

CF Legend
Everything up to the launch looks great.

Then it bounces around just like I knew it would, it looks horrific just like I knew it would. Looks gross. Looks as gross as Saw. And Saw is GROSS.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Why is the station floor described as nauseating on the front page?

Also, so mad that this opened less than a week after I left Japan.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Huh? Were they there? I don't follow that site any more.

I was visiting family for a week, and hit Tobu Zoo and USJ. I knew Takabisha wasn't going to be ready, so I didn't hit Fujikyu.