What's new

Takabisha - Fuji Q - Eurofighter (Launched?)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
This is yet another new Eurofighter with old style trains. hmmm........ . Although they probably have the oldtrains due to wheelbase length issues, there can't be anything wrong with trying the new trains on here.

Anyhow, it does look amazing with it's rather compact layout, 7 inversions, and beyond vertical drop.

Xpress

Strata Poster
This just struck me as being odd, but did anyone notice the quad rail on the non inverting cobra roll?

D1993

Hyper Poster
im loving gerstlauer more and more.... the ride looks great!
and from my understanding ive thought gerstlauers to hae good capacity. I mean they dont eat thru crowds like a B&M, but much better than anything else they have at fuji!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Where did 7 inversions come from? I count 6;

Inline twist
weird large loop thing
weird cobra rool type thing
XXL corkscrew
2 dive loops (ish)

A

Anonymous

^ Immelmann turn (aka cut-back and tongue) between the Immelmann and DiveLoop.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's good to see that the Independent & Daily Mail newspapers and other websites are catching up with the latest news...
Also, whilst looking at it's RCDB page, the max vertical angle is down as 122 degrees. Presumably that is on the tower drop (or whatever it's called), which makes it the steepest free-fall drop in the world. That SMASHES Flamingoland's record.
Yeah, I'm going to have a smug moment for a change.

A

Anonymous

Ian said:
Also, whilst looking at it's RCDB page, the max vertical angle is down as 122 degrees. Presumably that is on the tower drop (or whatever it's called), which makes it the steepest free-fall drop in the world. That SMASHES Flamingoland's record.
Flamingo Land can't even claim steepest in Europe for long either with the new El Loco under construction in France being 1° steeper...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ I doubt they will try. The Operations Manager is a true coaster enthusiast and he's well aware of the LOLs people have regarding Amanda Thompson's claim about the Big One.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ In all fairness though, I dont think people would moan about them still claiming that. I know we moan about BPB, but their claims were ridiculous, and were worth LOLing over.

A

Anonymous

TESTING!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy6VfjebMtQ[/youtube]
Looks FAB!!!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This has got to win for most crazy installation for 2011 surely?!

It looks awesome, but I still feel it would've been better with the lift first...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Why! Why do they have to have the lift second! And why do they have to have it at the drop angle it is, it looks like complete dog ****! The runway of brakes is just sad. Keep it at the norm and it wouldn't murder the pacing as much as it already does! I would still love to ride it, but that thing better have at least 5 trains because otherwise, capacity is going to be up there with one train on X.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I actually like the placement of the lift and the brake patch before the drop. It gives you a nice breather from getting dominated(haha puns) and I'm sure the brakes will make some Japanese people **** themselves. It looks like they retract for a split second and then raise back up, which would probably be terrifying. I think it's a brilliant idea leaving the train up there for a long time so the riders can stare at the track curling below them for a moment.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Hixee said:
This has got to win for most crazy installation for 2011 surely?!

It looks awesome, but I still feel it would've been better with the lift first...

Fluch isn't affected a lot by the launch being first, indeed, it provides a much more exciting start to the ride... Though the lift being enclosed and themed helps especially with the high focus on story...

I think this looks brilliant regardless of the lift being midway through the ride... Just full of crazy imagination... Love it...

marc

CF Legend
I seem to be the only person who actually thinks this looks like one of the better Eurofighters. Not really getting this hate since some people doing it praise Saw which is a pile of crap and does nothing :)