What's new

Takabisha - Fuji Q - Eurofighter (Launched?)

A

Anonymous

TESTING!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbqMEmrodJY[/youtube]

Ben

CF Legend
Looks a bit... Disappointing actually.

WHY those trains. WHY.

And that drop might as well just be one long trim.

Eh.

andrus

Giga Poster
I'm a little bit dissapointed too, partly because of the trains but also because of the pacing. I think it'll be pretty boring: launch, three inversions then wait for 1 minute and 25 seconds before the ride continues with three more inversions.. I still think the actual "ride part" looks awesome though!!

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
loefet said:
TESTING!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbqMEmrodJY[/youtube]
In my opinion the speed that the train goes over the first loop after the lift hill looks like it could rollback.

Why did they want to make a funny Eurofighter drop.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
The pacing suffers with the second lift.

But I don't think the first inversion is taken too slowly! Looks perfect imo. If you ignore the little mid-ride break, you'll get a really decent ride out of this, good moments of airtime in the +90 drop ad air-time hill, a nice few inversions AND a launch. You can't complain about whats on offer here.

michaellll

Mega Poster
After the first ride portion is over does the ride go through a small indoor section before the lift? If so there might be some storytelling/theming that might make the pacing problems not as bad as it seems.

Anyways, the top hat looks sick, the inversions are huge for a eurofighter (or any coaster), and since not all the elements are taken at the same speed that might make for some interesting diversity. Add a ridiculous drop and I think this is a pretty special coaster. Can't wait to see the indoor section.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The pacing on the first half is awesome. It definitely slows down after the lift though.

A comment on the lift, for whoever asked. It looks like they engineered the tower to have a small crest radius, but to fit in the steeper drop, they needed the small straight section, which they filled with trims.

andrus

Giga Poster
Snoo said:
Agreed about pacing.. but necessary to pull off what they wanted.
They could've started of with the more-then-vertical hill and put a rolling launch after the mid-course brakes instead.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I always thought this was doing a kind of mix between Saw and Fluch Von Novgorod sort of thing: Indoor section - drop - inversion - rolling launch?

Which would actually be brilliant.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I just hope they've ironed out the problem they have with Saw... the pain on that is borderline torture, yet this beast is twice as long!

RCF

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
I just hope they've ironed out the problem they have with Saw... the pain on that is borderline torture, yet this beast is twice as long!

Irony at it's best?

And I think this looks insane, but of course, the chain does kill it. That's what'll make it low capacity and a nightmare, but I would wait for it.

A

Anonymous

Depending on how many trains they can have on the lift at the same time (Typhoon can have 2) and if there is a block at the top, then it would be possible to have a dispatch time of about 20-30 seconds, which would make this ride have at least twice the capacity of Dodonpa, which would be a good thing :p

A

Anonymous

We won't know until they open it. It all comes down to how many trains they get for it...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I seriously think they gave NoLimits to an 8 year old for 2 hours and told them "Have Fun."

I absolutely love this ride, the layout is completely mental with no real rhyme or reason. Forget pacing or capacity - what other roller coaster has a 0-60 launch, and 7 inversions (non-traditional inversions at that), AND a beyond 90 degree drop?

Just like the surge of Intamin Accelerators, this coaster was built to be completely obscene and ridiculous, and will be the best Eurofighter out there.