What's new

Takabisha - Fuji Q - Eurofighter (Launched?)

Gazza

Giga Poster
http://www.youtube.com/user/purplefinal ... -HNTNhwNaM

Someone posted this on TPR, but a Eurofigher is being built at Fuji-Q. I dont know the indoor section of Saw that well, but can anyone tell me if the bit you can see in that video is the same as Saw? It does seem very similar.

I do know horror films are is popular in Japan, though I'm unsure of the commercial success of Saw. Could they be licensing the design from Merlin?

Good to see Fuji Q getting another capacity monster anyway :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
The indoor section is different to Saws.

It looks weird with that corner on it's own. All the other track is coming together and then you just have a small bit of track on supports to the side. :p

Ben

CF Legend
That's not the same as Saw, it doesn't have the pointless little brake run thing between the drop and roll, and there's a couple less turns. Similar though, yeah.

Poooor Fuji Q... Things just get worse.

Lofty

CF Legend
Lol. Well, hopefully they'll actually make the inside "Show" more appealing and better then Saw's, well it doesn't take much..

Just noticed something else, this appears to have a trench for a launch or maybe just indoor theming? At the end in which they POV'd Dodonpa to get a shot of it, it's viewable then..

Gazza

Giga Poster
Another exciting project for next year is Gerstlauer’s largest roller coaster. The still-unnamed Launched Euro-Fighter will be a massive attraction and located in Asia. “We were very pleased with our first Launched Euro-Fighter, which opened at Hansa Park in 2009,” said Gerstlauer. “From a guest perspective, the launch and beyond-vertical drop are outstanding. From a technical standpoint, this coaster will be the debut of our four-tube track, which will save our customer’s considerable expense when it comes to foundation costs.
Reckon this might be it?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Gazza said:
Another exciting project for next year is Gerstlauer’s largest roller coaster. The still-unnamed Launched Euro-Fighter will be a massive attraction and located in Asia. “We were very pleased with our first Launched Euro-Fighter, which opened at Hansa Park in 2009,” said Gerstlauer. “From a guest perspective, the launch and beyond-vertical drop are outstanding. From a technical standpoint, this coaster will be the debut of our four-tube track, which will save our customer’s considerable expense when it comes to foundation costs.

I found this bit interesting, personally. I never thought footers were prohibitively expensive...

Lofty

CF Legend
The reason in which I said it may possibly be launched is due to 2:08 on the video. As I stated, it may be launched OR just theming, by theming I mean an indoor lift like on MM or FvN. Either way, it's safe to say that exiting the inline element, it's going to have a long stretch (in length) of doing something?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Well I almost choked when I saw this.... OK I've not been on SAW but correct me If I'm wrong.... SAW doesn't have one of these. :p

holyfuji.jpg

holyfuji2.jpg

What in the world do they call that thing on the right?

Edit: A couple More

holyfuji3.jpg

holyfuji4.jpg

A

Anonymous

AWESOME!!

Looks like an "Immelmann turn" but at extreme proportions.
This really makes my desire to return to Fuji-Q increase a lot.

Jake

Strata Poster
Yeah, it's like the love child of a Cobra Roll and an Immelman Turn. Is it just me or is that loop/corkscrew a bit excessive?

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, that's going to HURT.

Eurofighters can barely pull off the simplest of transitions, that's going to beat you black and blue.

EW. DO NOT WANT.