What's new

Six Flags Over Georgia | Georgia Surfer | Intamin Ultra Surf | 2024

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I have this weird hypothesis that the park threw Iron Splash in there just to mess with people and see how many would actually vote it in. Even if god forbid they did go with it, I don’t see it being promoted as The Surf Coaster in the nature of not starting unnecessary beef with SeaWorld.

Personal bias asides I’m fine with Georgia Surfer and Aquaphobia, both are plays on existing rides there and sure to confuse the GP but they’ll work. If Aquaphobia wins I will 100% be popping champagne with the guys but nothing here worth crying over.

cocoa

Mega Poster
it seems like we can vote multiple times. don't mind me while i keep voting for iron splash the surf coaster

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
it seems like we can vote multiple times. don't mind me while i keep voting for iron splash the surf coaster
Yea idk if that'll go through sadly. Some twat had the bright idea of sharing a video online explaining the bot program he'd devised to vote Iron Splash all night at three second intervals, park is definitely aware of it. Always a bad apple out there attempting to ruin the fun.
IMG_2817.jpeg

(No I'm not Annabelle, thanks for not asking)

RideTheCyclone

Roller Poster
I would imagine Aquaphobia being the chosen name for the Ultra Surf since it sounds unique in my opinion and is a take on Acrophobia. The concept logo could’ve been better tbh

Attachments

• IMG_4070.jpeg
    IMG_4070.jpeg
    706.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4070.jpeg
    IMG_4070.jpeg
    706.5 KB · Views: 97

RideTheCyclone

Roller Poster
I voted for Aquaphobia myself. I think it has a ring to it!
Aquaphobia is a unique name to name the Ultra Surf. It’s defenition can play role in which people riding it can act like if they’re scared of wet with the water features it has but have fun at the same time.

RideTheCyclone

Roller Poster
SFOG has responded to a comment stating that a name for the Ultra Surf will be announced soon. This was apparently done 3 days ago when they responded

Attachments

• IMG_4568.jpeg
    IMG_4568.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 69

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Here comes the airplane! (Ultra Surf)
View attachment 28610
View attachment 28611
View attachment 28612

Also very interesting to note that the place of receipt was Ho Chi Minh City... @roomraider perhaps a decent amount was already delivered to the mystery park? Intamin definitely didn't source 101,000 lbs of coaster components from Vietnam.
Correct the original advert for the ride package said a fair amount was on site in vietnam but some was still at their European manafacturers plant.

Still working on tracking the park down, Pretty sure we know the company that owned them now but not quite sure on which of their projects it was all for.

endermanloveH20

Mega Poster
RCDB has listed it as named Georgia Surfer... did Duane fall for a prank or are we about to get an announcement?
no its not the actual name, i don't think we will get the name until early 2024

The ultra surf rcdb page has been updated
1701970544753.png

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Well that confirms it was meant for a novaland park in Vietnam. Which is what I dug up the other day. But they have several projects on the go so can't figure out which one died 🤣

Edit: A few hours later

Gottcha

Nova World Phan Thiet was due to get the Ultra Surf - https://charmington.org/co-gi-tai-novadreams-adventure-world-duoc-ky-vong-la-disney-viet-nam.html
The park is one ive had on my radar since early plans had a GCI Thunderbird clone on the plans but clearly it was redesigned at a later date.
They built the Water park a few years ago and started work on the Amusement Park but things went quiet. And it seems it didnt just stall but died entirely, SF then picked up the ride and the rest is history

Weirdly the company built a smaller Circus Land park with a single cred on the boardwalk just to the east of the planned Nova World park.

A small map to show the site in all its glory
PlannedPark.jpg
Not that anyone really cares but thought it was interesting to find out where the ride came from
And it means i can stop watching the Nova World site quite so closely to see if they re start construction any time soon :)

Last edited: