What's new

Six Flags Over Georgia | Georgia Surfer | Intamin Ultra Surf | 2024

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This one is shorter in both length and height compared to the Mack model...and less capacity due to single car vs the turntable Mack models 🤷‍♂️
Precisely, it's shorter in length and height doesn't have the defining and best feature of the original and has a lower capacity. From a guest experience point of view it looks to be by far and away the worse option of the 2 (or 3 if you include Intamins other model) available.

Spinning cars are always going to be a give and take addition. It adds some draw for people but at the same time there are plenty who hate spinning rides and will steer clear as well, more of a neutral change that one for me at least

The only major redeeming feature over the others is probably cost of installation and maintenance, which more than likely explains why SF have gone with it because it's cheaper.

Intamin also already have a Power Splash rip-off - https://www.intamin.com/product/ultra-splash/

This is just another model, a modernised half-pipe.
Yes that's a much more egrarious rip off. I know a couple of people at Intamin and have heard at Least one member of staff basically asked management "what the f*ck are we doing" when they saw how close that version was going to be to the Mack 😂

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
But it does more cycles, thus a longer ride and also its cheaper because most macks are very expensive....
Are they though? DC Rivals a taller, longer ride than Kondaa but of a broadly similar ride style cost approx 18million Euros (30million AUD) while Kondaa cost approx 25million Euros. There will be other factors like shipping costs and local labour costs for sure but I'd consider Intamin the more expensive option in general.

Intamins aren't exactly the "cheap" option. And while the Ultra Surf will no doubt be cheaper than the Power Splash it's going to be because the Ultra Surf doesn't feature the headline splashdown. I'd be very surprised if the Ultra Splash model which does have that feature is actually much (if at all) cheaper than Mack's version.

Still think this will be a good ride for the park and will provide a good experience and a cheaper cost than the Power or Ultra Splash models from both Intamin and Mack but let's not pretend it's going to provide an objectively "better" experience than either of those two especially in terms of water ride experience.

It's a half pipe with some water jets and a Wish.com Power Splash. Fun and suitable for the park but you get what you pay for.

MagicMountainFan

Roller Poster
It's a prototype bought by Six Flags so I'm assuming that it is being priced lower, and to highlight mack's price, I know it has okay theming but Copperhead Strike costs 26 million when about 7 million was spent on theming, so thats a 19 million dollar investment for a small launch coaster. You can't argue from an economic standpoint that this isn't a much safer investment than a power splash while also being a coaster with some water elements.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Oh from an economic standpoint for a company such as SF where bottom line is everything. I don't disagree.

But I maintain I don't think it will be anywhere near as good a ride experience as the other models. It's mid budget phone compared to a top of the line model.

It'll do its job and it will do it unspectacularly. Which is I guess all SF wants and needs these days.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Quote made directly to media coverage;
“While this coaster features refreshing splash moments, during the cooler months it can be disabled, allowing for year-long thrills,” the park added.
So yea technically no water coaster at all.

Passengers will experience four water effects, from a vertical wave wall and low cutting splash combination to a trip through a water vortex tunnel creating a water curtain.
On the other hand, this has piqued my interest in the ride experience.

All nitpicks aside though (single train/water coaster yes or no/Intamin ethics), I do think that this will overall be a relatively good attraction for the park and not just because I predicted Ultra Surf early on. It's a pretty good way to use the limited space, the public will like it, and it fills a niche gap in the lineup. Obviously I'm having to overlook a lot of factors here, but Ultra Surf gets a thumbs up from me.

embean01

Roller Poster
Golden Horse Lichtenstein strikes again.

The Mack versions good fun so I imagine the intamin knock off will be fine too. Fairly decent mid level ride for the park
It seems to be more of a extended version of the intamin surfrider to me. Sure it definitely takes cues from the powersplash, but i feel like the spinning cars will do a lot here. not to mention it fills in several niches in sfog’s lineup with a single ride.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
It seems to be more of a extended version of the intamin surfrider to me. Sure it definitely takes cues from the powersplash, but i feel like the spinning cars will do a lot here. not to mention it fills in several niches in sfog’s lineup with a single ride.

Yeah it's not as much of a rip off as the ultra Splash which is basically identical with a different track style. I just like to point out that Intamin get much less stick than Jinma do these days for doing the exact same thing. (I know historically Jinma were worse but I'm talking more recently)

Anyway it is a good pick for SFoG especially as they almost certainly picked it up 2nd hand so I imagine at a reduced cost making it probably a bit of a bargain for such a big park.

embean01

Roller Poster
Yeah it's not as much of a rip off as the ultra Splash which is basically identical with a different track style. I just like to point out that Intamin get much less stick than Jinma do these days for doing the exact same thing. (I know historically Jinma were worse but I'm talking more recently)

Anyway it is a good pick for SFoG especially as they almost certainly picked it up 2nd hand so I imagine at a reduced cost making it probably a bit of a bargain for such a big park.
It’s a spinning, multi-launched shuttle water coaster. Basically fills every gap sfog was missing with one ride. Though i do hope sfog gets a proper launch and spinning coaster in the future too

Fiender

Mega Poster
It’s a spinning, multi-launched shuttle water coaster. Basically fills every gap sfog was missing with one ride. Though i do hope sfog gets a proper launch and spinning coaster in the future too
Or... a launched spinning coaster :D

*Maurer enters the chat*

NO, NOT YOU.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The park has officially opened up suggestions for what the Ultra Surf could be named, submit your Coasty McCoasterface idea here;

I love me nothing more than multi-angle CAD models.
Ultra-Surf-Train.jpg
Ultra-Surf-Train-Aerial.jpg
Ultra-Surf-Train-Car_No-Riders.jpg
Ultra-Surf-Train_No-Riders.jpg
Ultra-Surf_NoBG_1-Photo-scaled.jpg
Ultra-Surf_NoBG_2-Photo-scaled.jpg
Ultra-Surf_NoBG_3-Photo-scaled.jpg
Source

For further reference here's photos of the already-produced track at Strakota from as early as April, dwarfing even Falcons Flight's track in sheer size. None of it is known to have arrived at the park yet.
EA1F4B1B-1D5B-4B63-BC7C-0A2E643D524C.png.jpeg
346666898_974606043727442_3924453763787698066_n.webp.jpeg
347056358_207272162109909_3652797614788966797_n.webp.jpeg
346663746_198594892584674_40846854837391897_n.webp.jpeg
346670348_921501212464924_8251420517653145769_n.webp.jpeg
1685145942814.pngSource & Source

SimonProD

Mega Poster
20 riders per train with a single train. Capacity = 💩
🤣

I mean this would be something for a small park - minus the pricetag....

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
20 riders per train with a single train. Capacity = 💩
🤣

I mean this would be something for a small park - minus the pricetag....
That's because it probably was. A lot of SFs rides this year seem to have come 2nd hand bulk sale of rides from a park that never opened in Asia.

An advert for (I think 24 rides) was put up last year and a lot of the rides so far match what was in the few concept images posted with the advert.

Including this.

Screenshot_2023-08-26-05-08-38-87_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

The reason it appears it was for a smaller park is because it probably was.

Edit - there's a post about it here from the end of last year (and it was 23 rides not 24 😬 )

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Topic title updated and moved to construction.