What's new

Six Flags Over Georgia | Georgia Surfer | Intamin Ultra Surf | 2024

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
On the flyers for Coasterfest and on Facebook, a “special announcement” will happen. Coasterfest for OG is Aug 19th-20th.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Demolition is still underway, as per a few friends whom were at the park the other day;
IMG_9137.jpg

Time to go full rumor mode. I've heard some rumblings from the grapevine that Six Flags was cooking with Intamin again, and SFOG seems to be in a prime position for a new major coaster right now (discounting Kid Flash). Not saying this is happening, but there's what's supposedly an Ultra Surf under production right now at Intamin, small world syndrome is real in the industry, and the Splashwater Falls site perfectly fits the required 105m x 11m footprint;
1685149601688.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 12.16.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 11.43.27 AM.jpg

Now I don't think this is the kind of ride that Six Flags would install; HOWEVER, they've started to become more open to wackier additions across the chain in recent times, so not completely excluding the Ultra Surf. Regardless, 2024 could be pretty exciting!

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I mean, the assumption of a Power Splash in that spot isn't really unrealistic either since that's exactly what Over Texas did with their splash boat ride

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Time to go full rumor mode. I've heard some rumblings from the grapevine that Six Flags was cooking with Intamin again, and SFOG seems to be in a prime position for a new major coaster right now (discounting Kid Flash). Not saying this is happening, but there's what's supposedly an Ultra Surf under production right now at Intamin, small world syndrome is real in the industry, and the Splashwater Falls site perfectly fits the required 105m x 11m footprint;
Hmmm...Conflicts with wazzupnerds' launched Raptor rumor....

We'll see what turns out to be true..

Indy

Hyper Poster
I'll say if I got misled, then a certain someone (hey buddy I know you lurk here) in the Six Flags chain is a really good liar.

But im sticking by the Flash Raptor
I say this in the nicest, most genuine way... do you know this person well and/or did they say it's okay to reveal this inside info? Any chance they gave you bogus information to see if you tell people? It's not very often somebody will divulge confidential information and then say it's okay to tell the public.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
I say this in the nicest, most genuine way... do you know this person well and/or did they say it's okay to reveal this inside info? Any chance they gave you bogus information to see if you tell people? It's not very often somebody will divulge confidential information and then say it's okay to tell the public.
I have known this person before they got into the industry. Parks like to know how things will be reacted to ahead of time.

I'll add if im wrong, I'll take the L.