What's new

Six Flags Over Georgia | Georgia Surfer | Intamin Ultra Surf | 2024

Efteldingus

Mega Poster

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Seen it yesterday - pics on my phone but they're too large to upload and no clue how to make them smaller without my laptop.

Luckily they haven't added a year on their "New for summer" signs...

SimonProD

Mega Poster
But they have to put the station in, the active components, the water pumps and filtration - and then comes the train. I guess 2-3 months until everything is in place to start testing. And then I already see the sign "Due to late parts from Europe..."

DelPiero

Strata Poster
But they have to put the station in, the active components, the water pumps and filtration - and then comes the train. I guess 2-3 months until everything is in place to start testing. And then I already see the sign "Due to late parts from Europe..."
Most likely yes, but there isn't much track so most of it is ground level work.

They still have the "opening in summer" facades up, and there was a lot of workers on site. If it's not open in August I could see them delaying it to next year.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I mean, at this point they only have *six* weeks left of daily operations for the 2024 season, while August might scream summer for most, in the south, a lot of schools go back into session. So yeah, in six weeks, the park goes to weekend only operations and the ride basically missed its season. getting it open for random weekends doesn't really cut it when people expect your new ride to be like.... open.
OG is my local SF park but is not really local but it makes me mad knowing this park can actually be good and is just....not (anymore)