What's new

Six Flags Over Georgia | Georgia Surfer | Intamin Ultra Surf | 2024

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Time to go full rumor mode. I've heard some rumblings from the grapevine that Six Flags was cooking with Intamin again, and SFOG seems to be in a prime position for a new major coaster right now (discounting Kid Flash). Not saying this is happening, but there's what's supposedly an Ultra Surf under production right now at Intamin, small world syndrome is real in the industry, and the Splashwater Falls site perfectly fits the required 105m x 11m footprint;
View attachment 25834
CALLED IT
F3653yYWoAAJ592.jpeg

MagicMountainFan

Roller Poster
Why the tears, yes a hot racer would be better, but this is what Over Georgia needs to bring in crowds! We are finally getting a launched coaster, and combined with going it being a spinning shuttle coaster with water effects for a hot, humid day in the south, this will be a hit! It's not too thrilling to scare families because it has no inversions and it's easy to see the entire ride, yet enthusiasts, teens, and adults will love it. Also don't underestimate how big the water will be, cooling off people however also being a more thrilling ride than Powersplashes.

MagicMountainFan

Roller Poster
This is not a water coaster, this is an extended halfpipe coaster with external water effects like Manta or Shambhala. I would be incredibly surprised if riders get wet at all.
I know that, which is why I said that it will be better than a power splash because there is no water to slow the train down. However six flags will probably spray a lot of water, as I see this as their cloneable water ride and coaster they were hoping to get when they bought Aquaman for Over Texas.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I don't really see the draw to this over a power splash. I guess maintenance wise it will appeal to the park more but rider appeal wise the Mack model nails the combining a launched coaster with that great anticipation of a drop into the splash zone and the inevitable soaking. (Like a good log flume drop). Possibly getting sprayed with a water fountain while on an elongated half pipe won't be a patch on that feeling.

If anything it feels Intamin looked at the Power Splash and while trying to differentiate their (quite obviously ripped off) product they removed the best bit about the original.

emoo

Hyper Poster
I prefer the look of the spike supports on the Intamin to Macks framework towers. A footnote of a reason but there is at least one.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Looking forward to seeing this 2024 attraction open in 2025 if Six Flags recent record on new projects keeps going like it has.

BenJacobs

Roller Poster
I don't really see the draw to this over a power splash. I guess maintenance wise it will appeal to the park more but rider appeal wise the Mack model nails the combining a launched coaster with that great anticipation of a drop into the splash zone and the inevitable soaking. (Like a good log flume drop). Possibly getting sprayed with a water fountain while on an elongated half pipe won't be a patch on that feeling.

If anything it feels Intamin looked at the Power Splash and while trying to differentiate their (quite obviously ripped off) product they removed the best bit about the original.

Intamin also already have a Power Splash rip-off - https://www.intamin.com/product/ultra-splash/

This is just another model, a modernised half-pipe.

MagicMountainFan

Roller Poster

The draw? Well first of all this ride is much more interesting to market for the GP, because this has spinning cars compared to a regular water version, and also this one is longer, higher capacity, possibly cheape since it's not mack, and hopefully more.reliable since it doesn't use the water mechanism