What's new
I just realized that this new coaster will finally break the longest coaster drought in the park's history.

The last coaster to be built at SFGAm was Maxx Force back in 2019, which means that if WoR does in fact open next year (ya never know with SF), that would make it 5 full seasons without a new coaster.

The previous longest coaster droughts for SFGAm were 3 seasons each, in-between 1981's American Eagle and 1985's Z-force, and then again in-between 2004's Ragin' Cajun and 2008's Dark Knight.

I just realized that this new coaster will finally break the longest coaster drought in the park's history.
They've taken good care of this park when it comes to coaster additions, both in terms of quantity and overall size.

2012 - X-Flight (only wing coaster in the legacy SF chain, and last new B&M they saw until Dr. Diabolical in 2022)
2014 - Goliath (only RMC woodie in the chain)
2017 - Joker (the outlier stock model here)
2019 - Maxx Force (short, but only one of two air launch coasters in the western hemisphere)
2025 - Wrath of whatever-the-hell-they're-calling-it

That sounds really good if you ask me. Quite a few models that you don't really see at other SF parks. And any park would be lucky to have a new big coaster every 5 years or so.

Compare that to SFNE's new Intamin addition... it'll have been 8 years since they received Joker in 2017, and 10 years since an actual good addition in Wicked Cyclone.

^ right. It could always be worse.

But 5 coaster-less years in a row is a really long time for SFGAm.

Next year will be the park's 49th season, and if WoR actually opens on time, it'll be the 24th coaster ever built at the park, for an overall average of 1 coaster every 2 years.

SFGAm might not build many headliners, but they sure do like to build coasters.

It's like the ultimate anti-thoosie park.

"Come to SFGAm and ride our massive collection of 16 rollercoasters; we're quite confident that not a single one will break into your personal top 25!!"

Hey everyone!

I was out at the 11am announcement this morning and have a little bit more detailed info that you would not have got in the videos about the new ride. If you have any questions post them here and if I have an answer for you I will let you know!

-Height requirement will be 52”

-They will use the double sided lockers like Dr Diobolical’s Cliffhanger does. Loose items won’t be permitted with its close proximity to the midways and queues.

-Speaking of Cliffhanger, it was designed to fit in this location which was a cool thing to find out!

-2 questions were asked about theming. They would like to do a lot of theming around the ride but have not worked all of it out yet. One could presume they may be allowed to do more of this than in the past after the merge but we will see. Just because you don’t see any in the animation doesn’t mean there won’t be any.

-They want to add sound effects at the top of the lift hill.

-Despite what is seen in the animation, the Demon snack stand that has been closed for a while is staying and there will be an exit gift shop as well.

-A few people asked where certain parts of the ride will be located. This can be seen in the released animation which those that asked probably hadn’t seen. When you walk into County Fair from the north, just past the Lobster, you will be standing under the 180’ tall lift hill and the drop will be on your right heading toward the Demon lift hill.

-The park is aiming to open the ride by Memorial Day weekend. Let’s all hope we don’t have a terrible winter so they don’t have too many issues!

-There was a crew continuing to tear down the Buccaneer Battle area this morning and they are working rapidly on it!

Outside of Wrath of Rakshasa, I heard a bit about the front gate that is being worked on. The large entrance structure that is being built right now will soon be where the security checkpoint will be. The main entrance plaza will be moved out toward the parking lot as well eventually so that the area right in front of the reflection pond won’t be as small and there will be more room. This also will allow them to expand the Flags gift shop by the front gate and possibly more.

That’s all I’ve got for now. If you have any questions I will try to answer them for you! Meanwhile, here are some pictures from this morning. Thanks so much to Six Flags Great America for having me out!

Attachments

• IMG_4765.jpeg
    IMG_4765.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4766.jpeg
    IMG_4766.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4768.jpeg
    IMG_4768.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4770.jpeg
    IMG_4770.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4771.jpeg
    IMG_4771.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4808.jpeg
    IMG_4808.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4780.jpeg
    IMG_4780.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4786.jpeg
    IMG_4786.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4794.jpeg
    IMG_4794.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4800.jpeg
    IMG_4800.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4813.jpeg
    IMG_4813.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4812.jpeg
    IMG_4812.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4811.jpeg
    IMG_4811.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 9
Can’t wait for everyone to just call this “Wrath.” Well, save the GP; they’ll call it “Raging Bull.”

Great ride overall - still coming off of Valkyria at Liseberg back in June; if inversions are half as good, we will be doing swell.

I believe the older style OTSR required less space than the newer vest restraints. The vests really are a downgrade for the dive machine.
Granted I've only ridden wing coasters with the vests and dives with the classic OTSRs but the OTSRs requiring less space is kind of the problem for me, cause you're rubbing shoulders with strangers, your arms feel really restricted and it's especially bad if you have particularly wide shoulders like me.