What's new
I figured I would post some pre-announcement pics from today! Since I was here about a week ago, the space next to Demon which had parts of a haunted house laying around has been completely cleared, and the Buccaneer Battle site has new fences up preventing you from walking right up to the main fence surrounding the area. Can’t wait to see what this area looks like next year!IMG_4705.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4706.jpeg
    IMG_4706.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4707.jpeg
    IMG_4707.jpeg
    234.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4708.jpeg
    IMG_4708.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4709.jpeg
    IMG_4709.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4710.jpeg
    IMG_4710.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4711.jpeg
    IMG_4711.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 25
Why are they doing a press conference at 5am local time when the announcement was for 11am?

I mean I understand them doing early press conferences to catch the morning news, but all a bit weird - are they having another "announcement" later?

--

Anyway - looks like the most complicated dive coaster going. Oblivion hides its head in shame! ;)

Not a fan of the colours and horrendous lack of any theming… the teasers hyped this up WAY to much…
Teasers hyped this up too much? This is the new second tallest coaster in the park and a headline grabbing DIVE coaster of all things, they did the right amount of teasing.

Wait on the thing to be built until we see theming. Animation isn't great to judge.

This looks awesome! I love a good B&M Dive Coaster, and this looks like a brilliant one; the layout looks quite long and has some interesting-looking elements!

I do find the 7-across seating odd; unless they put in a single rider queue, won’t they have a lot of empty seats most of the time from the odd number in each row?

That third inversion is questionable
That looks like it could be the best one! It's Vengeance's first inversion where it rotates more than 360 degrees. Could lead to some interesting whip for a dive machine.

That last inversion is the one that looks suspicious. Seems to be an elongated exit from that roll... it might just be the angle of the image, but it almost looks like an old Arrow profile with the valley being awkwardly banked (think the entry into Magnum's turnaround).

I'm glad B&M and parks are getting on that MCBRs are unnecessary on these rides. That said I'm wondering if it'll get a bit repetitive towards the end where it's just a bunch of rolls. They probably could've just done an airtime hill after the third inversion and called it a day.

The name is terrible though. Let's see if they have any plans to theme it.

Pleasantly surprised by the layout. There's a lot more going on than on most other Dive Machines. Coming from old Six Flags, I thought maybe a Dr. Diabolical clone (or some close variant if the original wouldn't fit), but this looks a lot more ambitious- of all the Dives, only Yukon Striker and Valravn are longer.

Glad it's not going to be red, very happy about the midway interactions and the fact there won't be a MCBR to pull the ripcord on any sort of pacing. The one and only nitpick- I'd be even happier if they went with OTSRs on this, even if it meant the slight capacity hit of 6 across trains. Oh well.

Best of all, Demon lives on!

Last edited:
Like I say for every B&M with the exception of Fury, it looks fun and nothing more. I'll never begrudge a park for investing in one because they are people eaters and crowd pleasers, but we all know what they ride like and at the risk of sounding like an entitled enthusiast, I'm a bit bored of them now. A bit same old, same old!

I hate the name. But it'll be fun at a minimum.