What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybrid

NegativeG

Roller Poster
Trains have arrived! Image posted on the park's Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/sixflagsfiestatexas

599163_10151471578838491_378743965_n.jpg

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Hyde244 said:
RMC roller coaster constructions:

-Timber Terror - Silverwood
-Tremors - Silverwood
-Aftershock - Silverwood
-The Villain - Geauga Lake (defunct)
-El Toro SFGAdv
-Express - South Korea
-Timberhawk - Wild Waves
-New Texas Giant - SFOT

RMC coaster repairs:

-Timber Terror - Silverwood
-Tremors - Silverwood
-The Hurricane - Myrtle Beach Pavilion (defunct)
-Predator - Darien Lake
-The Boss - SFSt.Louis
-Mega Zeph - Jazzland
-Twister II - Elitch Gardens
-Cyclone - SFMM (defunct)
-Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
-Hoosier Hurricane - Indiana Beach

Are all of those coaster still standing? Great.

Well looks like we nipped all of this "RMC will fall over" nonsense in the butt. :beer:

El Toro and T Express where built by Intamin, Aftershock was built by Vekoma.

bmac

Giga Poster
Jason Voorhees said:

Intamin went through with the designing of El Toro and T Express, RMC actually built them. Aftershock was moved, and RMC fixed up the ride along with constructing it.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
bmac said:
Jason Voorhees said:

Intamin went through with the designing of El Toro and T Express, RMC actually built them. Aftershock was moved, and RMC fixed up the ride along with constructing it.

? Vekoma went to Idaho to fix Aftershock. Mostly to update the programming, because they never finalized it at 6FGAm, because 6FI hadn't payed for the coaster for about 3 years. They removed a whole bunch of unneeded sensor related trouble lights and e-stops. RMC did the construction, but not repairs. The coaster wasn't broken aside from programming issues. RMC didn't even paint the thing or fix the dents in the station roof from when prosthetic legs had hit it. (Awesome true story, by the way.)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Jason Voorhees said:
As I've said before - do some basic research before posting something like this if you ever want to be taken seriously around here.

kimahri

CF Legend
ECG said:
Jason Voorhees said:
As I've said before - do some basic research before posting something like this if you ever want to be taken seriously around here.

Can you really blame him for thinking Toro and T Express were built by Intamin? I mean It was pushed that it was an Intamin P&P and looks similar to Colossos. I'd still call them Intamin even if they were built by Jerry and Co builders for hire.

Same for the Gib.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It is true RMC was hired to solely construction other coaster manufacturer's roller coasters. It is also true that we associate the likes of El Toro and Aftershock with Intamin and Vekoma respectively.

The point of my post was to say RMC has been involved with dozens of coaster constructions already - all of which never fell over. ;)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
kimahri said:
ECG said:
Jason Voorhees said:

Can you really blame him for thinking Toro and T Express were built by Intamin? I mean It was pushed that it was an Intamin P&P and looks similar to Colossos. I'd still call them Intamin even if they were built by Jerry and Co builders for hire.

Same for the Gib.
No. I don't blame him for thinking that but when someone posts something contrary to what he thinks, he might want to check to see if what they're posting is true - especially if it's coming from someone as knowledgeable as Matt (Hyde244). I try to check my facts before ever correcting anyone & I know a hell of a lot more about the industry than Connor (Jason Voorhees), who wants people to take him seriously instead of thinking of him as a spam bot.

kimahri

CF Legend
He's quite obviously not a spambot. He's post something that is, also quite obviously, a common misconception. He probably did some research and came across Wiki which say Intamin made the ride breifly mentions working with RCM, RCDB doesn't even mention them at all. True the frail look of RCM coaster was getting out of hand but was it really necessary to call out a kid like that? You're like 85, he's young and new, untie your old man tighty whiteys man cut him some slack