What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybrid

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I'm still interested to find out if there are airtime hills in that tunnel that we haven't seen much of from the released material...

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybrid

Nope. That tunnel is nothing but a turnaround into the brake run.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Tom and Smithy, I love you both.

The ride looks absolutely phenomenal, and I still can't get over how bizarre these RMC coasters look.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Youngster Joey said:
I'm still interested to find out if there are airtime hills in that tunnel that we haven't seen much of from the released material...

Not unless they did secret new excavations after closing Rattler. It's the same tunnel the ride had before.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybrid

Youngster Joey said:
That'd be unfortunate if it went from the tunnel straight to the break run. At least Rattler had something after the tunnel.

Does a massive ejector hill of win into the brake run count as something?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Did you ever actually ride it before? It was the biggest sack of boring ever.
Who cares what the last few feet are going to be like when the rest has been changed so drastically for the better?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Looking at the layout from that picture, after the drop and going out of the canyon, there is going to be some insane ejector before the overbank. It just looks dirty.

Smithy

Strata Poster
tomahawKSU said:
Smithy said:
I'm telling you that looks like it's going to eat itself apart sooner rather than later.

Eat itself apart, fall apart, same difference right? :wink:

And the relevance of that to what I quoted;

tomahawKSU said:
Oh wait, this will crumble on the first test run too since RMC is stupid and they have no clue what they are doing.

was?

Again, suggesting that somethings looks like it will eat itself apart is entirely different to suggesting the ride will fall down, suggesting that it's developers are stupid and suggesting they're clueless.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
RMC roller coaster constructions:

-Timber Terror - Silverwood
-Tremors - Silverwood
-Aftershock - Silverwood
-The Villain - Geauga Lake (defunct)
-El Toro SFGAdv
-Express - South Korea
-Timberhawk - Wild Waves
-New Texas Giant - SFOT

RMC coaster repairs:

-Timber Terror - Silverwood
-Tremors - Silverwood
-The Hurricane - Myrtle Beach Pavilion (defunct)
-Predator - Darien Lake
-The Boss - SFSt.Louis
-Mega Zeph - Jazzland
-Twister II - Elitch Gardens
-Cyclone - SFMM (defunct)
-Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
-Hoosier Hurricane - Indiana Beach

Are all of those coaster still standing? Great.

Well looks like we nipped all of this "RMC will fall over" nonsense in the butt. :beer:

bmac

Giga Poster
*Psyclone. Which also withstood an earthquake, although it was rough as sin until it finally got torn down.

RMC is a good company, it's not like RCCA is making this thing...

Intricks

Strata Poster
Youngster Joey said:
that's pre-tunnel is it not?

I'm talking post tunnel.

So am I. You have ejector hill both before and after the tunnel since you are going basically right into the brake run after the tunnel.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Psyclone was rough due to the 1994 Northridge earthquake which isn't far from where SFMM is, maybe 10 miles, damaging the foundation. Nothing could have saved that POS.