What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybrid

steel

Mega Poster
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas|"Iron Rattler"|Steel Hybrid

It looks so great! I'm sure the big rivalry will be between this and NTG, but I'm much more interested to see how it compares to Outlaw Run. It certainly has a better name than New Texas Giant.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

To me Outlaw Run seems more of a "Hey look at all the insane stuff we can thrown together randomly in one ride" While this is more of a mid range RMC. Not as insane as outlaw run but crazier than NTG.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

RMC <3

Basically this is all I wanted from this ride, wish they could have kept the helix in some form, but zero g, 4 overbanks, and those 2 epic drops will be ejector heaven if NTG is anything to go off of.

Texas <3

bmac

Giga Poster

That twisty first drop <3 if that drop has any ounce of air (which it definitely looks it!) that would be lovely <3 <3

I think I hit my emoticon quota for the week

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

This looks **** amazing!
I am seriously considering planning a trip mainly around this coaster!
I love the layout! - And I love the final drop down the cliff! - Wow!

^ Also, I think this one helps giving you a better picture of the layout and elements.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg7EZRdSOUc&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

bmac

Giga Poster

<3 <3 <3 <3

**** the quota <3

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

This looks rather good. Especially the second steep drop, those are tremendously fun when done right. The barrel roll also fits, somehow.

It will be a public favourite, that's for sure.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Pokemaniac said:
This looks rather good. Especially the second steep drop, those are tremendously fun when done right. The barrel roll also fits, somehow.

It will be a public favourite, that's for sure.

Agreed. Compared to Outlaw run it feels right in the layout not just thrown in for the sake of it. God I'm loving this and after (as I will know refer to it) The Yolo-coaster :drinking: anything positive will be made apparent.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Texas, I will definotely be visiting you again next year. That tunnel is going to be fab...now if they only added in some sound effect as well (like a rattle snakes rattle mayhaps?) in that tunnel.

Umf <3

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Epic Texas live, I already have a trip idea, this just makes it that much better.

Intricks

Strata Poster

tomahawKSU said:
Epic Texas live, I already have a trip idea, this just makes it that much better.

Six Flags over Texas, down to Galveston while stopping at Kemah. Then across to Sea World and Fiesta Texas?

vaugc002

Hyper Poster

So we have another inverting hybrid coaster...
Trailer of what the ride should look like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP9Vs6J50xs

(not sure how to embed)

How awesome does this look?!!

It all looks very similar to the New Texas Giant but with an amazing location AND a barrel roll

Ethan

Strata Poster

Meh. The roll is a gimmick, but I guess everything is. I look forward to Outlaw Run more tbh...

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

tomahawKSU said:

Your trip idea sounded amazing to me.

This makes it even more worthwhile.