What's new

Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Rocky Mountain Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster
Re: Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Wooden Hybrid Coaster

^Good thing I downloaded the image to my jump drive for me and my buddies. ;)

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I removed all links that I included, so Intricks, if you could edit that post to remove that file.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

I wholeheartedly agree with Tom. If this wasn't being built in BFE Missouri, people would be blowing their loads over it. And just to beat the dead horse with regard to the inversions, the idea of a wooden coaster with inversions has always been there. Nobody thought of a steel roller coaster until the 50's. Every roller coaster prior to Matterhorn Bobsleds was wood. That means that those innovative bastards down at Coney Island were experimenting with loops made OUT OF WOOD. Unfortunately for them, their technology was much more primitive than ours today and they didn't know about clothoids. I'm honestly surprised that it took this long for somebody to finally try a true wooden inversion again.

As for airtime, I have a feeling that this is going to be chock full of it. There's probably many small directional changes and pops of airtime that can't be seen in the rendering.

bmac

Giga Poster

According to the rendering there's a double down and a double up along with a floater hill before the barrel rolls. The Anti-bank and the wave hill look to provide more than enough in terms of laterals. I think that floater will be going over the railroad, but I haven't been to the park so I'm not 100% sure.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

after reading more opinions on this I'm feeling very conflicted. On one hand I agree with Marc and Tom that it's not really unnecessary and that it really is a cool little coaster but on the other hand I really don't like the double barrel rolls.

I guess I am really excited for this and the inversions are not unnecessary, I just highly dislike barrel rolls(at least the ones I've been on) and wish it could have been a different inversion.

Either way I do hope it has some good airtime as well.

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster

So in conclusion, 2 inversions, airtime, anti-bank, 81 degree drop, smooth ride... I'd say we have a winner.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

^This.

If the airtime is anything like New Texas Giant on the double up and double down, you will be out of your seat nearly the entire ride. The only floater will probably be on the overbanks.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

TrevorBondi305 said:
So in conclusion, 2 inversions, airtime, anti-bank, 81 degree drop, smooth ride... I'd say we have a winner.

Oh yeah, and like all enthusiasts the "unnecessary" talk is just to kill time :lol:
It's gunna be an epic ride

sparky2u

Mega Poster

Hopefully the trains will have "Lapbars" to give the full effect of the Inversion.

Saw this layout for this coaster from another website, if this turns out to be correct it's a beauty: :) :wink:

481951_10150967450622097_886683688_n.jpg

Intricks

Strata Poster

Ok, Im not trying to mod but seriously, Silver Dollar City has been contacting sites to find out where all the info is coming from.

Please, delete the pics and dont post info til after the reveal.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I think it's pretty fair for us to wait until SDC contacts US before we make people remove posts.

If SDC contact us directly, someone will go through and remove all the layout pictures/NL stuff etc. If they don't get in touch, I don't think it's fair to remove it. My opinion anyway.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Silver Dollar City |

Intricks said:
Ok, Im not trying to mod but seriously, Silver Dollar City has been contacting sites to find out where all the info is coming from.

Please, delete the pics and dont post info til after the reveal.

They can't arrest you, calm down :)

Intricks

Strata Poster

^No, but it is being polite.

^^The other site im on got the emails only late last night. They may just be sticking with the US based websites though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Well we'll wait for ours... :D

bmac

Giga Poster

Well it turns out Lance is uber gunshy on posting the information due to SDC asking for the redaction of info. I don't think they're going to contact overseas websites, even if there are more than a coupler staters on here.

Back to the coaster, still gawking at those barrel rolls. Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, especially with that kicker giving some speed while going over the first drop. I DO NOT want OTSRs on this ride whatsoever, if there's anything that will ruin the experience of a wooden coaster it will be that.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^ Fair enough

^ A lot of the talk on the restraints has gone from OTSR to just being overhead (blue fire, Skyrush, Manta styled). I'm not even sure where the rumor of it being OTSR got started (probably SDCFans.com as I remember someone complaining bout em), but it has swayed drastically to an overhead restraint.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Jesus, its just a picture. If you stick it on the internet, anyone can use it, and you cant stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.