Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Rocky Mountain Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Wooden Hybrid Coaster

bmac said:
tomahawKSU said:
For everyone saying it's unnecessary, would you be saying that if it was your local park? Or even a park that is in your country? If this was going in at say Alton, ALL of you would be blowing your loads everywhere saying it's the best thing ever. Hell, even if that was at a bigger park, you would be saying that. Get off your high horses and be excited that there is a new type of ride going in that will provide a completely new experience, with the barrel rolls and then the anti bank. Its really annoying hearing all the trashing of something just because it is going against the norm.

I'll post the file when I get home as it is now basically all leaked and I just dont give a **** anymore.
Sent from my throne

Home park is Great Adventure, I've been asking for more flat rides in that park for the last 3 years. Other than the dream GG woody I don't want another coaster in that park until they fix their other issues first. Don't throw everyone under the bus, please.

It's more or less those that are being negative about it because it isnt a traditional wooden coaster and is doing things they feel only a steel coaster should do. Im with him on the point of the "what it". If this were going in at the UK/Europe I seriously believe it would be a WHOLE other type of ballgame showing.

Either that or because it isn't GCI or Intamin building this.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Re: RE: Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Wooden Hybrid Coas

tomahawKSU said:
For everyone saying it's unnecessary, would you be saying that if it was your local park?

Yup.
Unnecessary doesn't mean bad, hell it's gunna be wicked. It just means, well unnecessary lol
Also probably silly and elitist of me but I also like my woodys a bit traditional. I mean...why have a double barrel roll besides just to have it?

It'll be awesome though and that drop <3

Maybe a stupid question: we have any idea the height? At least a guess?
Edit: Oh I'm ecstatic it's not being built by GCI or Intamin. I love their rides, but I'm just glad to see a new player in the wooden game, and they are starting pedal to the metal.

bmac

Giga Poster

For it to hit 68 mph the drop is going to be somewhere around 150-160 feet.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

bmac said:
For it to hit 68 mph the drop is going to be somewhere around 150-160 feet.

Didn't know we had a speed :oops:
Thanks man

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Wooden Hybrid Coas

JJLehto said:
but I also like my woodys a bit traditional. I mean...why have a double barrel roll besides just to have it?

Why did the first coaster to implement an inversion have it? Just to have it? Just because woodies 'traditionally' don't have inversions, does not mean they should stay that way forever.

I don't understand all the negativity towards innovation in this thread. As enthusiasts, surely we should be happy it's happening? It may fail like Son of Beast, or it could succeed and start a new breed of coaster.

bmac

Giga Poster

Both Gravity Group and RMC have stated they have the capabilities to make inverting wooden coasters, along with launching ones. All they needed was for a park to invest in one, which SDC was more than willing to do.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

Though SoB DID cop out with the all steel loop :p

Oh it's not negative, I just see it as kind of silly, of course in the end I'm stoked to see progress. Especially that it's not just a single loop. A barrel roll? Double? Man, who would've ever saw that coming??

Now I want this launched woody bmac is talking about :--D

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster

Wait do we know if Outlaw Run is going to have a lap bar (obviously tighter than other woodies)?

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

TrevorBondi305 said:
Wait do we know if Outlaw Run is going to have a lap bar (obviously tighter than other woodies)?

Hmmm good question.
I sure hope, OTSRs are slowly becoming a thing of the past anyway cool)

_koppen

Hyper Poster

On TPR they are saying lap bars only.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

_koppen said:
On TPR they are saying lap bars only.

Really? On SDCfans they were saying OTSR or "Overhead"

I do hope it's lapbars though. It just feels right on a woody

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

^That's what I thought of when I read it. Those would be fine IMO just not OTSR's please.

bmac

Giga Poster

It's a rough make-up of the elements, looks to be thrown together hastily once SDC went oopsies and released their site.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Edited to remove link.

- Drop, very similar angle.
- Double barrel roll
- Anti bank

So all the "defining" elements exist in this early draft of what was planned for Silverwood. You can't tell me there aren't any similarities. So yes, this is an early make up of the ride, not the exact thing, but an early, rough idea.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Uhh...we may want to do some cleaning as SDC has been contacting sites

Status
Not open for further replies.