Not open for further replies.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Wooden Hybrid Coaster

Looks fun, but the barrel rolls... </3

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster

The barell rolls remind me somewhat of the Intamin 10 inversions coasters doing many rolls at a time before the brakes.

CPcisco

Mega Poster

JJLehto said:
"Outside banked turn" is something that had me intrigued
Isn't that what all the inversion or not conversation was over?

Error

Strata Poster

^Yes, I believe so.

Ok, now I shall make more of an effort to go here next year <3

Sent while out and about

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

CPcisco said:
JJLehto said:
"Outside banked turn" is something that had me intrigued
Isn't that what all the inversion or not conversation was over?

Could be.
A few of those terms are quite vague so I have no clue

Yeah...I need to find an excuse to go to Missouri now.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Woah.

Going back to Jer saying "what's the point", I GOT the point of the stengel dive. Even despite the fact that wood is so cheap and readily available in the USA, so it makes sense to use it if you can... When it comes to the wooden coaster as an experience, that stengel dive-like "inversion" looks like it would fit. It looks like something that would throw you about as a good woodie should, not keep you in your seat as most inversions tend to. That's why I never understood the point of SOBs loop, especially because it was just a steel coaster section in amongst a wooden layout. That made no sense, it was just a gimmick, the twisty dive makes sense and will probably fit with the rest of the experience, I think.

Barrel rolls, though? I don't get that.

Barrel rolls are typically slow "experience" based inversions, which aim to scare by letting you fall around in your seat at a slow speed, making it feel like you're going to fall out in a slow drawn out fashion. So to those of us who ride coasters fairly often, they are boring because we're conditioned to know we won't fall out. They are an overused element, I assume because they cost less than others and can be placed into slow sections to make them more "exciting". With Thorpe Park's 7 barrel rolls, I never, ever want to see a park put one on a ride again. They are crap. But, I get why they make sense on a lot of rides.

But how, someone please explain, will they fit in with the rest of a wooden coaster layout? Wooden coasters usually hit the breaks flying, this one wont. It'll just dick about through slow twists. Horrible. There's no need for them to be there, they aren't adding anything, they are simply taking away from the layout.

bmac

Giga Poster

Less barrel rolls, more airtime hills. They can easily fit a good 2-3 bunny bumps in that section.

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster

I could understand one barrel roll for the "wooden inversion" title, but two? BLEH.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster

TrevorBondi305 said:
I could understand one barrel roll for the "wooden inversion" title, but two? BLEH.

They shouldn't get it anyway, because it's not really wooden! :) Plus I quite enjoy barrel rolls.
Another thing is that the layout is very short...unless it goes slow through the whole ride, it looks like barely a minute of ride time.

B&MintaminGCI

Roller Poster

RMC probably said "Go big, or go home"

Why add 1 inversion, when we could add 2, and potentially a 3rd (Outside banked turn) that we've all been arguing over since it was built?

I think this ride looks awesome, there's going to be moments of airtime, inversions, a smooth wooden fell. This ride is going to destroy.

Will this be better than El Toro, I doubt it, but a close second or third maybe?

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster

I enjoy barell rolls also, but feel the that a Zero G roll would've been better (taking one at higher speeds?).

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

I think it absolutely looks awesome and an 81 degree drop don't forget!
The rolls are cool since ya know it's woodebn but they are indeed unecessary. I'd also prefer some more airtime hills and I thought it would be more of a long, twister layout but hey...should still be one killer and unique wooden coaster!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

JJLehto said:
I think it absolutely looks awesome and an 81 degree drop don't forget!
The rolls are cool since ya know it's woodebn but they are indeed unecessary. I'd also prefer some more airtime hills and I thought it would be more of a long, twister layout but hey...should still be one killer and unique wooden coaster!

The bolded shows my opinion. Well Mostly. I don't necessarily consider the barrel rolls unnecessary but I was hoping for some more airtime and although I don't mind the barrel rolls i'm a little dissapointed in what little airtime this seems to have oh well. We'll just have to wait and see.

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster

Well just Imagine the airtime over the first drop, that should be really good air.

Intricks

Strata Poster

IntaminToWin said:
TrevorBondi305 said:

They shouldn't get it anyway, because it's not really wooden! :) Plus I quite enjoy barrel rolls.
Another thing is that the layout is very short...unless it goes slow through the whole ride, it looks like barely a minute of ride time.

As far as I knew, this was using their topper track on prefab-esque wood, not the I-Track as seen on New Texas Giant. Nothing I have seen tells me otherwise. So this is still classified a wooden coaster, unless the topper track now makes it a steel ride.

The ride time looks short, but it is more than likely airtime filled and will be lots of fun. Not sure about the barrel rolls at the end, but it still will be a fun and unique experience.

Martyn B

CF Legend

The pre-drop is going to make that first drop pretty spectacular, especially for the back rows!

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

Yeah may be short but gunna be oh so sweet.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Wooden Hybrid Coas

For everyone saying it's unnecessary, would you be saying that if it was your local park? Or even a park that is in your country? If this was going in at say Alton, ALL of you would be blowing your loads everywhere saying it's the best thing ever. Hell, even if that was at a bigger park, you would be saying that. Get off your high horses and be excited that there is a new type of ride going in that will provide a completely new experience, with the barrel rolls and then the anti bank. Its really annoying hearing all the trashing of something just because it is going against the norm.

I'll post the file when I get home as it is now basically all leaked and I just dont give a **** anymore.
Sent from my throne

bmac

Giga Poster
Re: RE: Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Wooden Hybrid Coas

tomahawKSU said:
For everyone saying it's unnecessary, would you be saying that if it was your local park? Or even a park that is in your country? If this was going in at say Alton, ALL of you would be blowing your loads everywhere saying it's the best thing ever. Hell, even if that was at a bigger park, you would be saying that. Get off your high horses and be excited that there is a new type of ride going in that will provide a completely new experience, with the barrel rolls and then the anti bank. Its really annoying hearing all the trashing of something just because it is going against the norm.

I'll post the file when I get home as it is now basically all leaked and I just dont give a **** anymore.
Sent from my throne

Home park is Great Adventure, I've been asking for more flat rides in that park for the last 3 years. Other than the dream GG woody I don't want another coaster in that park until they fix their other issues first. Don't throw everyone under the bus, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.