What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Penguin Trek | B&M Family Launch Coaster | 2024

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
This is going so much faster than I thought!! Opening early summer? Any other guesses?

I wouldn't be surprised if the layout is done by the end of the month. Testing starts a few weeks after that, maybe sooner.

Honestly I'm not a big fan of these family B&M's we're seeing installed because they seem like big bulky overkill for the basic layout they're circuiting during the ride. And B&M tends to juuuust undercut ride expectations compared to the actual experience (there are exceptions, of course).

It's not going to be getting *me* out to the park for a revisit, but this one DOES look quite promising and I've heard pretty good things about the stand up they installed (minus a comfort issue with the restraints, I am not a fan of those collar restraints either). This looks like it will be perfect for the kids who are intimidated by say Mantis or Kraken, but are building up their confidence to the big boy coasters.

InvertsAreMyJam

Roller Poster
I wouldn't be surprised if the layout is done by the end of the month. Testing starts a few weeks after that, maybe sooner.

Honestly I'm not a big fan of these family B&M's we're seeing installed because they seem like big bulky overkill for the basic layout they're circuiting during the ride. And B&M tends to juuuust undercut ride expectations compared to the actual experience (there are exceptions, of course).

It's not going to be getting *me* out to the park for a revisit, but this one DOES look quite promising and I've heard pretty good things about the stand up they installed (minus a comfort issue with the restraints, I am not a fan of those collar restraints either). This looks like it will be perfect for the kids who are intimidated by say Mantis or Kraken, but are building up their confidence to the big boy coasters.
Mantis? 🤨 /j

Matt N

CF Legend
SeaWorld... sorry, United Park
Wait, has SeaWorld changed its name or something? If not, where has “United Park” come from?

In terms of the ride itself; I actually think it looks like really good fun, with some nice twists and turns and a reasonable length to it! I am interested to see how some of these newer family B&Ms ride; as much as I was disappointed by Mandrill Mayhem, I’m not dismissing the family B&Ms whatsoever, as some of the layouts the company are coming up with do look quite fun.

InvertsAreMyJam

Roller Poster
Do we have a concrete release date yet? I’m going in very late April and was hoping the ride would be open by then. But I’m very doubtful at this point.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
New aerial from Bioreconstruct showing off some scenery improvements; lots of colored gravel under the ride & landscaping at top right.

GKbUfTUWQAA-R5H

Now if we could only get some testing going...