What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
God almighty, they're making AP holders PAY?

Might as well wait until the initial hype is over, and not waste £5, I remember Inferno being free, at only did it once, so I can see this being similar...

What a shame none of the younger lot can go though unless they skip school, in which case you will be extremely sad you do realise this... If you put this over education... There's only so much facepalming I can do...

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I'm not going. They are just trying to squeeze more money out of us for only 3 hours, in which you will probably get to rise only once or twice.

Education FTW :D

Rach

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
What a shame none of the younger lot can go though unless they skip school, in which case you will be extremely sad you do realise this... If you put this over education... There's only so much facepalming I can do...

I have to 100% agree with you there Benin.

I just hope that no one from here that does go on this preview day spoils any of the indoor features for those that don't want to know. I know I'd be extremely pissed off if I was to find out about the inside of this ride before I got in the queue. :wink:
(Yes I do love the look of this ride and am excited for the 14th.)

I'd much prefer to go on the 14th with the rest of CF anyway because:
- It'll be free for Anal Pass holders
- The atmosphere around the park will be better
- The company would be much better

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ Fail :p

I'm defiantly going to enjoy it more with CF and I'm not risking a day of my education for a ride. If our school found out, they would give me extended days for it :p

BRING ON THE LIVE

[/Dale Winton impression]

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm just loving the artwork on the right off the ad. :)
I'd much rather go on the 14th though. Even though it means longer queues than the day before.

Ollie

CF Legend
I would love them to theme the queue at Halloween so it looks like this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSolnRMJc1o[/youtube]

Rush

Giga Poster
Don't double post Ollie.

Never mind Saw, I'd rather spend those 3 hours riding Rush and riding Saw the next day. :p I COULD go after school on that day but I'd end up getting there at half 3 and it's not worth the train fare either.

As Rach said, I'd rather the better company, getting in free with an anal pass and for all the other rides which are fantastic. (Well, Inferno and Det. :p )

Mark

Strata Poster
I would have liked to go along for that Friday thing, will be fun with all the media hype and everything, but I am working so I can't.

Part of me can't wait to ride it, just to finally know, whether it is any good or not...

Peter

Hyper Poster
There's been rumours of an AP day since Thorpe opened a few weeks ago, so i'm glad they've actually gone through with it.

I would love to be able to go and experience a big media day at a new coasters opening, and I was originally planning to attend, but Uni has sprung a huge lab on that Friday, which I can't skip. :(

£5 is nothing really on top of the AP, especially since I would have got it refunded as I would have been renewing on the day. :p

nealbie

CF Legend
In all fairness, I'd rather go to the AP day at Legoland the following Friday to get a ride on their new laser ride :roll:

marc

CF Legend
Just going to wait the one extra day and go as the group.

From what I have been told the theming sounds great and someone is very very wrong about certain parts of the theme and inside the station. It sounds a lot better than whats been said.

I know have more hope for the theme, still not the actual coaster though they have had to do a lot to make it a better experience.

nealbie

CF Legend
Fluch is blatantly going to be a better coaster, but as Marc has said the theming for this is sounding better by the day :p

But I'll wait to I've experienced it before I even think about congratulating Thorpe for a job well done :wink:

marc

CF Legend
I dont even think we can say well done Thorpe, apart from well done at getting other people in to make sure the ride was themed properly :)

Seems like Thorpe were responsilbe for the station and coaster building, the company that made the films have done the theming inside so thats bound to be good.

And I am pleased people have given us wrong information about quiet alot. I am not going to give anything away so please done ask.

A

Anonymous

neo said:
Super secret inside ultra spoilers:

http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/viewphoto/1907
http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/viewphoto/1906

(Posted some time ago.)

There’s also an update from today on the same site:

http://projectdylan.co.uk/Construction/135

I like the Saw Store, especially the little cameo touches on the doors that read such things as “BV DRP ANGLE: 100d”. Nice attention to detail.

The shelter underneath the Immelman will probably blend in more once the area is finished; I’m guessing there’s more fencing waiting to be installed.

Ultra spoilers?!

1. Seen it already
2. Pretty much what I was expecting from the station anyway
3. I was expecting there to be some kind of thing once you've left the station - Superman Escape style? (The one in Oz - there is a lot of theming after you've left the station and before the launch).

Status
Not open for further replies.