What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Hey, Just some pictures I took today.

Not much to update the SAW signage has appeared out the front (picture to follow..Sorry for the blurryness), Shop has been constructed, and I have to admit, looks pretty cool. But yeah, Not much else to report.

Pictures -
A new 'cage' has appeared under the first inversion.
IMG_0033-1.jpg

Bridge has been completed -
IMG_0035-1.jpg

The shop, cleverly disguised as freight containers -
IMG_0034-1.jpg

Ride Signage -
IMG_0043-1.jpg

As Mark said last page or the page before.. I think your right saying that the blades will spin.. But who knows until it opens.

IMG_0046-1.jpg

jokerman

Giga Poster
Infernus said:

Except for the great big sign over the top of it. That is probably my least favourite part of the ride so far. Just spoils what does look quite good.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
The store is tacky, its just a shed. Its without a shadow of a doubt going to probably be thier main coaster, so they should have a store like colossus' or nemesis'.... eaither that or nothing, but i have to admit, the ride looks bloody amazing, and i quite like that cage. Lets be honest, even if the saws do spin round, Thorpe park probably wont keep it that way unless they are wind powerd!

Slash

Giga Poster
jokerman said:
Infernus said:

Except for the great big sign over the top of it. That is probably my least favourite part of the ride so far. Just spoils what does look quite good.

Exactly they should have named it something better, like the CCTV room and had a voice clip when exiting saying to go to the CCTV room to get pictures. I think that would have been clever because in most Saw traps there were CCTV cameras involved.

Otherwise this looks amazing.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
I just found out i can get a preview of the queue line area in the building etc as i know the Retail Director at Thorpe. That should be cool if i get the time, but i probably wouldn't be allowed to get any photos.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
I don't like that Store container thing,it looks like they've ran out of time,and just 'plonked' anything there to make do.

The building I do like though,I'll happily admit to that,just hope inside lives up to expectations as well.

Is there going to be anything inside that cage at the bottom of the drop?,if not then I can't see the point of it.

marc

CF Legend
Yeah we noticed that as well just before you posted, i did not know there was a path right by the inversion. That will not ruin peoples pictures.

Rush

Giga Poster
I think I've read somewhere that the blades are supposed to turn. I think the motor is in that little shed on the ledge next to the razors.

That cage is... ewww! I suppose it ties in with the theme but it sticks out like a sore thumb. they could have gone for something which looks a bit nicer. I'm not sure how that tiny bridge is going to keep the large volumes of people flowing across it, hopefully that second access path will be finished by summer/Fright Nights when it really gets packed.

Shop I'm not too sure about yet but when I see it in person I'll make a judgement.

I am however really looking forward to riding this. Bring on the 14th!

nealbie

CF Legend
^ yeah it's all H & S **** so it's bound to suck. It's not going to stop chavs gobbing on you from the ride though is it! :lol:

And yeah the one by Nemesis actually goes in quite well as it isn't as bland as that one.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Yeah, the one by Inferno blends in quite well, but that could just be that there is alot going on in that area, so you don't notice it that much. Before passing anymore judgement on this ride, I will wait til they have cleared away all the old building materials and stuff so that it is clear what it will look like in the long term. It is still a construction site at this point in time.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Going back to the shop. Atleast that proves they didnt have enough room/time to build a real one in the station. So we either get a realy long que inside the station, or however you spell it, or realy good decoration inside. I hope both! But they wouldnt build a shop outside like that for no reason. Then again look at stealth!

GRRR I want that grandstand!!!!!!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Sebastian said:
Inverse said:
A friend of a friend (dodgy as it sounds) is an electrition working on Saw, apparently they're filming a television advert for Saw today. My friend (not his friend) said that he was going to try and get some details of what's inside from his friend, i'll let you know if he comes up with anything.

if that all makes sense.

This is rubbish - all members of Permanent staff are strictly prohibited to psot anything regarding their work or their job, and if you are willing to psot that sort of thing on here, then you are endangering their job, peoples jobs have already been lost due to posting things on forums like these.

Just a word of warning, I mean it is totally worth it waiting to see what is inside!

Thanks. :)

He is a contactor, plus i missed my chance to chat with him. Doubt i'll speak with him again before it opens, so no info there.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
To the people who have said the shop is Bland, there is some theming on the side of the containers, I just didn't get a picture of it from the right angle.. Its just got a company name on it.. So its better than nothing..

Status
Not open for further replies.