What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Ok 'Mike' we all know there's plenty of other Eurofighters around the World, and a few in Britain. That's not the point, people are getting excited because it's a new addition to a park that ALOT of people love and use frequently, they are not getting excited because they think it's 'unique' and are not totally oblivious, you insolent swine. Also i'm liking the idea because it's alot closer than than other Eurofighters. DUHHHHHH!

Mike

Giga Poster
No, you stated that you were "loving the idea of" a beyond-vertical drop, and thus implying that it was a new idea that hasn't been done yet. :roll

****, I have now reminded myself of why I stay well clear of any topic relating to Thorpe Park- Because it is full of the ****ing forum idiots. (And no, that was not fully directed at you DanielSon, or c_m):roll:

A

Anonymous

'loving the idea of' and 'OH MY GOD THIS HAS LIKE, NEVER EVER BIN DONE BEFORE IT'S SO UNIQUE' are two totally different things.

Oh and also if you read your comments you are actually one of the 'Forum Idiots', however in your infinate big headed wisdom, you probalbly wouldn't have noticed :--D

Dave

CF Legend
Mike, chill the **** out!

The GP are not such anal ****ers such as you. They would've seen it at Southend maybe, but this is still going to be the 'largest' one of its kind in England, which I think the park might exploit.

Hurri

Mega Poster
So TP shouldn't get a Eurofighter because two already exist in the UK?

Let's hope no other parks get Intamin Accelerators, B&M Inverteds etc, then.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Dave is right...

The GP know feck all bout rides... Many locals probs wouldn't know of Southend's existance regardless of it being 90 minutes away, it's not widely known and popular is it really?

Oakwood is even worse, people probs see it on the surveys given out and think, 'Where?'...

Just accept it people please... And move on...

Dave

CF Legend
Also!

With this being larger than Rage it makes people want to ride Dylan more because of the fact it is bigger, scarier etc.
Like for example people would rather visit Thorpe to ride Stealth than Rita, on the other foot people would rather visit Alton Towers for Nemesis than Inferno.
If that makes any sense?

marc

CF Legend
That does not always work though, Speed is bigger than Rage yet most people seem to rate Rage higher.

Bigger is not always better.

Also you can not compair Stealth and Rita, yes they both launch but that is all they have in common.

Rage has done well in Southend most people at work that have been love it so these people will enjoy the new coaster at Thorpe. And as I said before their target is the public and not coaster enthusiasts and they will get people going just to try the new coaster.

A

Anonymous

There is no Theme Park in the history of time that was designed specifically for 'Coaster Enthusiasts'.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Right, someone said in another topic that its usually the atmosphere around a ride which determines any nervous feelings about it.
Rage & Speed are just plonked in basically, now I havn't been following this closely but from what I can tell they're going to attempt to theme it quite well, and if they pull it off would make for quite a unique ride!

How many pages did Stealth get? and how much of it was pointless arguing, I sense deja-vu.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Pierre said:
Right, someone said in another topic that its usually the atmosphere around a ride which determines any nervous feelings about it.
Rage & Speed are just plonked in basically, now I havn't been following this closely but from what I can tell they're going to attempt to theme it quite well, and if they pull it off would make for quite a unique ride!

How many pages did Stealth get? and how much of it was pointless arguing, I sense deja-vu.

We should all rest until we see a big move in the construction. For now its pointless building up 30 pages of arguments when we have no idea whats in store yet.

Swat

Hyper Poster
I would say lock this topic intill theres vertical construction and it being unlocked when then theres some progress. All these arguements almost make me not want to read through this topic.

Mike

Giga Poster
Swat said:
I would say lock this topic intill theres vertical construction and it being unlocked when then theres some progress. All these arguements almost make me not want to read through this topic.

But then all the arguments are just going to continue when the topic reopens.
I never normally read all the posts in Thorpe Park topics anyway, as most of them are biased because they're from fanpeople.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Mike said:
Swat said:

But then all the arguments are just going to continue when the topic reopens.
I never normally read all the posts in Thorpe Park topics anyway, as most of them are biased because they're from fanpeople.

Same thing with the haters. They make Thorpe park sound like a complete pile of crap when it is actually a decent park.

Swat

Hyper Poster
Thorpe park is an amazing park and so are other parks in there own way, I see no park as "Crap" people say they hate Thorpe because of the type of people who visit it, Thorpe don't have any control over that. I say make an arguement warning system three strikes and your banned. It doesn'e exctally give the forum a good image and alot of new people will come onto this thread because a large of chunk of the members are in the UK and want ot know about a UK park they may of been to and may be going to.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Going back to the theme issue, if you look at what investment thorpe has put in in the buildup and scince colosus, the themeing is not bad. So much money was put into the rides installed since 2002. Thorpe spent out on themeing for tidal wave, but there wasnt much built for years after that. Now that thorpe have not gone for a big name for the new coaster will mean they may go all out for the themeing. Why else build up the ride with vidieo clips? Another thing a bout colosus themeing, i think it works, with the plants now grown, it looks more like a crubeling lost city, half burried.

Dasaii

Roller Poster
I think it's looking great! I haven't been on Speed yet, hopefully I will soon, and this new coaster looks great fun to me :D. Can't wait :).

marc

CF Legend
I have to say last night we went on Rage and for the 1st time ever I enjoyed it. It was not as rough as it was last year and was a lot faster.

So I am a bit more hopeful for the new coaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.